Konami M2

M2 related information in here please.
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Konami M2

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:19 am

I want to buy a Konami M2 arcade board, but being a bit thick, what do i need?

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:12 am

Hm.. I don't know what the M2 arcade hardware looks like, but I will take a shot at this..

Using Evil Night as an example here. Going by KLOV.com, it is a JAMMA+ game. With the JAMMA standard, you can plug it into a JAMMA compatible arcade cab, or buy a SuperGun (or something of the sort) to play it on your home television. Being this one is a JAMMA+ game, the controls will most-likely need to be re-wired a bit if you want to get all three guns to work. However, it should at least boot up if you have it plugged into a compatible setup.

I am going to theorize that it either comes on a board, or comes in a PC-like casing. I say the later because the board has a CD-ROM drive on it.. But again, I don't know what the M2 arcade setups look like, just theorizing here. It could perhaps be set up like the Killer Instinct arcade games, where you have the loose PCB, then the added hard drive that is connected via a ribbon cable (or in this case, a CD-ROM drive).

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:26 am

I could recommend the expert who provides my arcade cabinets, but you ain't that close to our location.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:35 pm

3DO Kid, I pm'd you a photo of a M2 Supergun setup (not mine).

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Konami M2

Post by pitsunami » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:51 pm

3DOKid wrote:I want to buy a Konami M2 arcade board, but being a bit thick, what do i need?
Apart from being very difficult to obtain M2 arcades are very fragile and difficult to use.

You are going to need just a supergun for polystars/battle tryst and heat of eleven,but a set with special guns for the evil night/total vice games...

The easier way would be to patch the isos to play in FZ-35S ... but thats true only in theory!