M2 Add On for Panasonic FZ-10

M2 related information in here please.
NeoGeoCD
3DO ZERO USER

M2 Add On for Panasonic FZ-10

Post by NeoGeoCD » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:21 pm

I really wonder how serious Panasonic was about this piece of Hardware. I could not find much information about it. And think of it, I don’t really see the point. From what I can see It looks like it was only meant for the FZ-10 model, although I could imagine, since the expansion port is the same as the ones on the other 3DOs, it would have worked with other models. But what would the benefit of an M2 add on? The architecture of the M2 is totally different from the 3DOs, so the only thing you could utilize from the 3DO would be the CD Drive and the Video outs. Even the controllers wouldn’t not have worked, with the add on I guess.

Well it would be cool If some of you would have some more information on this piece of hardware.[/img]

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm

I think this thread actually makes mention of some of the complications there were w/the add-ons (seems to be less technical and more to do w/the sale of M2 tech from 3DO) Some info in here (the thread is long) ...

http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... highlight=
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5