There was a message on Atariage that addressed this recently...3DOKid wrote:Honestly.
I mean the good ol' 3DO had about 270 games in total, I reckon 50 are playable, about 30 are actually good and about 10 are brilliant.
I always felt this sort of dwarfed the Atari Jaguar...
But I'm happy to be proved wrong.
http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.ph ... pic=146527
Which reminded us of a survey done on this amongst Jaguar gamers...
I've taken that list, made some suggested adjustments, and added some Jaguar scene created games. When I categorize something as "Good" did I have fun? Did it take effort to have fun? Well, if took effort, that would be playable. Ect.
4. Alien vs. Predator
5. Iron Soldier
8. Iron Soldier 2 .
9. Super Burnout .
10. Battlemorph .
11. Wolfenstein D .
12. Power Drive Rally .
13. NBA Jam Tournament Edition .
14. Virtual Light Machine .
15. Missile Command D .
16. Protector Special Edition .
17. Atari Karts .
18. BattleSphere .
19. BattleSphere Gold .
20. Ultra Vortek .
21. Protector .
22 Protector SE
<------HERE IS WHERE THE BRILLANCE ENDS?
24. Memory Track
25. Zool 2
27. World Tour Racing
28 Mad Bodies (Newly Released)
29. Vid Grid
31. Cannon Fodder
33. Attack of the Mutant Penguins
34. Breakout 2000
35. Pinball Fantasies
36. Primal Rage
37. Phase Zero
38. Val d Isere Skiing & Snowboarding
39. Theme Park
40. Hyper Force
41. Hover Strike: Unconquered Lands
42. Zero 5
43. Total Carnage
44. Brutal Sports Football
45. Defender 2000
48. Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
50. International Sensible Soccer
52. Gorf Classic
54. Brett Hull Hockey
55 Jaguar Hockey (CD release Jaguar Sector 2)
56. Atomic . (released 2007?)
57 Diamond Jag (released 2007?)
58. JagMind: Bomb Squad . (Newly released)
59. Double Feature # . (Newly Released)
60 Jagmania (Solid fan release)
61. Frog Feast (For what it was it was fun)
63. Zoop (For what it is it is fun.)
64 Fight For Life Beta (The strangely more polished version was fun.)
65. Soccer Kid
66 Jagtris (Solid fan release)
67 Osmozys (Released 2008)
68 Jungle Jag (Released 2007)
69 Jag Ads (a CD with Jaguar commericals, pretty cool)
70 Slam Racer (Fan release)
71 Brain Games (the segments that were finished were good.)
72. Do the Same (Jagware... up and coming 2009 release)
<---HERE IS WHERE GOOD ENDS
73. Soulstar (has that one segment that craps out, but works before/after)
74. Jetpac (2009 release, fun-ish)
75. Bubsy (My all time favorite with a STEEP learning curve.)
76. Asteriods (Only because of no sound)
77. Native (Only because of no sound)
78. Martian Attack (wrist and thumb abuse)
79. Warlords (Still very new, but looking good.)
80. The Maxx (An interesting demo)
81. Towers II
82. Barkley Shut Up and Jam . (Can I get a witness on this?)
83. Space War (Gameplay is good, but some bugs in it)
84. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
85. Crescent Galaxy (I liked this one, but most don't. A witness?)
86. Hover Strike (A bit raw to me and low frame rate.)
87. Fight For Life (The regular was unfinished. Beta added above.)
88. Blue Lightning (If you forget this is jet game it is fun.)
89. Highlander (Controls really take some getting used to.Can be fun)
90. Troy Aikman NFL Football (A witness? Never played this one.)
91. FlipOut! (I actually enjoyed this game)
92. Dragons Lair (Definately takes frustrating practice)
93. Dino Dudes (Haven 't played this long. An OK game)
94. American Hero (A fun game (adult) but unfinished.)
95 Caves of Fear (in the spirit of American Hero.)
96. Braindead (More playable than Dragon's Lair or Space Ace)
97. Fever Pitch Soccer (Never played. A witness please...)
98. Kasumi Ninja (one of those games so bad it is good.)
99. Ocean Depths (Neat for what it was... a new release, might bump up)
100. Club Drive (Arrgg.. I want to say this is good, but many don't) :/
101 Black Ice/White Noise (A alpha game with a lot of promise)
102. Lost Treasures (Haven't played this, can I get a witness?)
103. Aircars (Bland landscapes make this a "playable"
104. Robinson's Requiem (Beta, rare, playable, but buggy)
105. Checkered Flag
<---HERE IS WHERE PLAYABLE ENDS
106. White Men Cant Jump
107. Arena Football
108. Space Ace
109. Supercross 3D
110. Double Dragon V
111. Varunas Forces . (Just an alpha version and an intro)
And there are a few games left off this list (Seaplane by Orion, the Tiny Toons alpha which really didn't do squat. I only left Varunas Forces up there since it was mentioned in the Ataritimes survey, but honestly, was that even playable?) I think the masses have spoken on this one, but I think the above shows the ratio of the games and the categories you were curious of (those categories I roughly placed). Not an exact science above, but I believe to be really close.