DOOM for Jaguar Problem?

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

RetroGamer
3DO ZERO USER

DOOM for Jaguar Problem?

Post by RetroGamer » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:47 am

Ok so I bought DOOM for jaguar off eBay brand new, and after about half a second of play the game freezes. Even the games demo will freeze. I thought It was the games fault and so I got an exchange. But it has the same problem. My other games work great, does anybody know what could be wrong? I cleaned the games and the console. Thanks.

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Re: DOOM for Jaguar Problem?

Post by Walter_j64bit » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:10 am

RetroGamer wrote:Ok so I bought DOOM for jaguar off eBay brand new, and after about half a second of play the game freezes. Even the games demo will freeze. I thought It was the games fault and so I got an exchange. But it has the same problem. My other games work great, does anybody know what could be wrong? I cleaned the games and the console. Thanks.
Try cleaning the cartridge contacts and the cartridge connector on the Jag, see if the helps out, if not do you have an other Jag you can try the game on?

Old Gregg
3DO ZERO USER

Re: DOOM for Jaguar Problem?

Post by Old Gregg » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:55 am

RetroGamer wrote:I cleaned the games and the console. Thanks.
I'm Old Gregg!

KevInCal
3DO ZERO USER

Post by KevInCal » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Must be something with your Jaguar if 2 games did the same thing. Is your Jag beat up or well used?

Or, since you got the 2 brand new copies from the same place, I wonder if they have a bad batch of Dooms? Corrupted carts somehow.

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:07 am

Hmmm, Okay try resetting the carts memory.