Anybody know how to fix a Jaguar that won't turn on?

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

Anth
3DO ZERO USER

Anybody know how to fix a Jaguar that won't turn on?

Post by Anth » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:47 am

I paid some real good cash for an Atari Jaguar from this dude, and the thing was working fine for a couple of months, and then all of a sudden it didn't want to be turned on any more. I just could not get the damn thing to turn on anymore. I contacted the guy that I bought it from, but he wasn't willing to help me out. He said that I had already had the thing too long.

I think I honestly might have accidentally killed it myself, by using a NES power adapter instead of a Sega Genesis 1 power adapter. I've heard that NES power adapters can eventually kill a Jaguar. I didn't know this until it was too late. I thought that NES and Genny 1 PSU's were about the same. I've used both with a TurboGrafx-16 just fine.

Anyways, I'm seriously bummed out that the thing won't turn on. I looked on Ebay to buy another one, but the prices are pretty out of control right now. I want a Jag, but I'm not willing to take out a second mortgage just to get one...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:08 pm

Daft question. The Jag only turns on with Cart in it right? Check the Cart?

**might be waaaaaaaay off.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:46 am

Sadly, if you used a NES power pack, you may have blown the system. If you are trying to turn it on without a cart inserted then know that it will not as the Jaguar has a fail safe prohibiting that from happening. If you blew the system though, the only other alternative, obviously, is to buy another console and next time use the proper AC Adapter. There's really nothing else that can be done with the console at that point.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!