Attack of the Mutant Penguins

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Attack of the Mutant Penguins

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:41 pm

I'm curious to hear some opinions on this game. I've read some mixed reviews.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:15 am

It's a fun, quirky game that is quite unlike anything else you have ever played. It's not the most polished thing though. It can slow down, and there's no music during gameplay (I never understood why). I like the concept though, although it's tough to describe.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:42 am

Austin wrote:It's a fun, quirky game that is quite unlike anything else you have ever played. It's not the most polished thing though. It can slow down, and there's no music during gameplay (I never understood why). I like the concept though, although it's tough to describe.
Cool. I'm all for games that are unique, even if the execution isn't neccesarily the best. Lack of music is dissapointing, but I've kinda grown accustomed to that w/Jaguar games.

How do you think the challenge in the game is? Is it balanced? Also, is it a very long game?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:00 am

I never got too far, maybe up to levels five or six, but it didn't seem too difficult on the stock setting. It does get chaotic, so that's one thing to consider. There are multiple difficulty modes you can choose from as well.

One thing I recommend is reading the instructions when you get it, otherwise the game might not make any sense at all.

As far as length, there's twenty or thirty levels (I do not recall which as it's been a while since I played my cart). The game will permanently unlock stages for you to continue from after every five levels are completed, so you do not need to do the whole thing in one sitting. Levels can take five to ten minutes to finish, at least the early ones, from what I've been able to tell.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:03 am

Sound promising. Appreciate the info Austin. :)