Jag Homebrew CD vs Cart

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Jag Homebrew CD vs Cart

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Retrofanatic83 wrote:I might be sad but I do enjoy the labels and just seeing the cart running in the machine.
That just gave me an idea. Now this goes into the flash cart territory so anti-flash people, try to hold on. What if a flash cart is made and where the label goes is a little window? Anyone can buy the cart and game makers can sell their game as an uploadable image put on a normal CD-R along with a label-card that you just drop in behind the window. They could sell the game, label-card, manual and even a box if they want to. This way there is no wicked high cart prices (because everyone only needs one cart) and there isn't a need to press a bunch of CDs that only some of the Jaguar scene can play. Game makers can still price games they know will sell at. We get a feeling of buying a full product and all we have to do is put the disc in our PC, hook up the cart and load it!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:46 am

3DO Experience wrote:
Retrofanatic83 wrote:I might be sad but I do enjoy the labels and just seeing the cart running in the machine.
That just gave me an idea. Now this goes into the flash cart territory so anti-flash people, try to hold on. What if a flash cart is made and where the label goes is a little window? Anyone can buy the cart and game makers can sell their game as an uploadable image put on a normal CD-R along with a label-card that you just drop in behind the window. They could sell the game, label-card, manual and even a box if they want to. This way there is no wicked high cart prices (because everyone only needs one cart) and there isn't a need to press a bunch of CDs that only some of the Jaguar scene can play. Game makers can still price games they know will sell at. We get a feeling of buying a full product and all we have to do is put the disc in our PC, hook up the cart and load it!
It's an intriguing idea ...
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:14 am

Trev wrote:
3DO Experience wrote:
It's an intriguing idea ...
I'm liking where it's going. :D

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:26 am

Sooo now that we have a larger Jaguar fan base in the forums what do you developers think of my idea?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"