Jaguar/skunkboard debugging using m68k gcc fully functional.

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Jaguar/skunkboard debugging using m68k gcc fully functional.

Post by a31chris » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:55 am

I don't know if anyone here is interested in this but I recently got the latest m68k ELF gcc working with the skunkboard and debug. With the help of a few awesome people GCC now works natively with the Jaguar and Skunkboard.

http://www.jaguarsector.com/index.php?showtopic=33796

Using the m68k GCC compiler you can theoretically program in C++ etc. For those who don't have a skunkboard but would still want to try out GCCs C++ aspect on the Jag you can easily convert the ELF files to standard Jaguar a.out format to run on the current Jaguar emulators out there with the change of a single linker line.

If anyone has questions just ask and I can summarize everything here rather than digging through the other thread if they don't want to go through all of that.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Jaguar/skunkboard debugging using m68k gcc fully functio

Post by a31chris » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:55 am

Since JSII is gone now forever, I will if it's ok, recreate this info here at some point soon. It was a lot of work. It was fast and easy to get started with what I posted and I don't want it to be lost.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:50 am

Totally cool by me, post away.
Oh I always assumed you were the one going by JagChris, correct?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Yes.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:16 am

Go for it! :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Its done and up in the new Jaguar programming section. Thanks guys. Really appreciate this.