Jaguar Sector II down

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by Trev » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:47 am

Austin wrote:
3DOKid wrote:We have a zero tolerance for difficult forum members. :)
Sometimes. That Trev guy is still here... :P
Thanks to the Grimms of the world, I somehow always manage to get lost in the shuffle - these 3DO mods have pretty short attention spans. :wink:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

User avatar
Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Fairfax, VA
Contact:

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by Austin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:23 am

:lol:

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:15 am

Austin wrote:
a31chris wrote: He wants everything his way. He is not even willing to try to bend a little or meet anyone halfway. He has a 'condition'. Well everyone has a condition of some sort and I think after years and years he has learned to not even try to get along and just fly off the handle at the littlest thing. I tried to calm him down in pm and he was just bonkers. No middle ground. No meeting anyone partway. No concessions. Grimms way or the highway.
True story. I've experienced this first-hand, and it's not fun. You're always the bad guy in the end, and there's no true debating with this individual. No matter what you say or how honest your reasoning is, every little detail will be picked apart, analyzed to a tiny grain, and be retorted in a particularly negative manner. Good riddance, I say.
Thank God other people see this too. I don't feel so bad now as I know it's not just me. Loves yous guys!
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
The Laird
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by The Laird » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:15 pm

Real shame to see JS2 gone, back in the good old days it was my home and had so many good times there. It had become a shadow of its former self sadly and many of the people that made it great had moved on elsewhere.

I actually sent you a message T2K bus guess you never read it. I was offering to host a new JS2 on my own forum and the offer is still open if anyone wanted it, would let you guys moderate it how you wished. Would probably be beneficial for the system with being part of a bigger site, but up to you guys. Offer is open.

I hold no grudges against anyone and the olive branch is out. I apologise to anyone I might have upset/offended over the years, we all do things we regret.

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:16 am

The Laird wrote:Real shame to see JS2 gone, back in the good old days it was my home and had so many good times there. It had become a shadow of its former self sadly and many of the people that made it great had moved on elsewhere.

I actually sent you a message T2K bus guess you never read it. I was offering to host a new JS2 on my own forum and the offer is still open if anyone wanted it, would let you guys moderate it how you wished. Would probably be beneficial for the system with being part of a bigger site, but up to you guys. Offer is open.

I hold no grudges against anyone and the olive branch is out. I apologise to anyone I might have upset/offended over the years, we all do things we regret.
No, I did not get any messages from you man. I'll talk with Chris and Tursi and see what shakes loose since we were the guys basically doing the most on JSII the last year. Chris being way more active than anyone else even. We shall see what's up.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by Walter_j64bit » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:10 am

Hi all! It's funny how I got the word you all are here! I have T2KFreeker on my friends list for Xbox Live so I've PMed him when he'd pop on and he told me the news! I haven't been here in years! :mrgreen: I hate that we'd lost JSII I hope we haven't JaySmith2000.

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:24 am

Walter_j64bit wrote:Hi all! It's funny how I got the word you all are here! I have T2KFreeker on my friends list for Xbox Live so I've PMed him when he'd pop on and he told me the news! I haven't been here in years! :mrgreen: I hate that we'd lost JSII I hope we haven't JaySmith2000.
Nice to see you made your way here Walter. Welcome back. As for Jay, not sure what to tell you. I know he has become quite disenchanted with the Jaguar community. It's sad too because all it took was a couple idiots to ruin everything. I'd name names, but I believe it would be better suited for PM's as I don't want to bring the drama here as you never know who is lurking and reading posts just to be a douche. Not anyone here who's an actual member, but people have their ways of finding out, sadly. We need to find some of the other JSII regulars and get them over here too like jmetal, Buddies, and Tursi.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:37 am

Walter_j64bit wrote:Hi all! It's funny how I got the word you all are here! I have T2KFreeker on my friends list for Xbox Live so I've PMed him when he'd pop on and he told me the news! I haven't been here in years! :mrgreen: I hate that we'd lost JSII I hope we haven't JaySmith2000.
Walter!

Good to have you onboard dude 8)

I'm relatively new to the 3DO forums myself (just under a year) but it's a nice and peaceful place around here, not dissimilar to JSII really (sans the members Freeker alluded to earlier).

3DO Kid was good enough to allow 'us' to expand on the Jaguar section of this forum. JagChris has been made the moderator of that specific part and has been working (from what I can tell) to bring information and data over to the Jaguar area of this forum.

See you around :wink:

User avatar
NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:44 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Nice to see you made your way here Walter. Welcome back. As for Jay, not sure what to tell you. I know he has become quite disenchanted with the Jaguar community. It's sad too because all it took was a couple idiots to ruin everything. I'd name names, but I believe it would be better suited for PM's as I don't want to bring the drama here as you never know who is lurking and reading posts just to be a douche. Not anyone here who's an actual member, but people have their ways of finding out, sadly. We need to find some of the other JSII regulars and get them over here too like jmetal, Buddies, and Tursi.
Freeker!

Just thought I'd give you the heads up, that since the closure of JS-II, I have since bothered to join up over at AA!

I realise that there has been a considerable amount of animosity between both JS-II & AA over the years, however, as a Jag gamer, I've never had any political involvement either way, myself. I'm all about just discussing the games tbh, so thought I'd give it a go and see how I get on. Not to mention, there's plenty of familiar faces from JS-II anyway, so it doesn't feel completely new or uncomfortable tbh...

User avatar
Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by Walter_j64bit » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:45 am

Has anyone told VladR about this place yet? I know he has been on AA.

User avatar
MegaData
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:31 pm
Location: Undisclosed, Midwest, Republic of America
Contact:

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by MegaData » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:43 am

I just want to add that this thread is how I found this forum. I don't know if this really explains "recent events" that lead to the closing of Jaguar Sector II, but it was more information than anyone else was willing to admit. The handle mentioned earlier was just starting to collect in 2011 and this thread is the first I heard of Grimm... other than the "Brothers." I'm really out of the loop on what went on.

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:32 am

MegaData wrote:I just want to add that this thread is how I found this forum. I don't know if this really explains "recent events" that lead to the closing of Jaguar Sector II, but it was more information than anyone else was willing to admit. The handle mentioned earlier was just starting to collect in 2011 and this thread is the first I heard of Grimm... other than the "Brothers." I'm really out of the loop on what went on.
Yeah Brother, trust me, it just isn't worth the time or energy to try and explain all of the garbage thyat happened. Let's just leave it behind and move on, as it were. Hopefully we can contribute here to this Jaguar section and who knows? Might make some new 3DO fans too. :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
a31chris
Jaguar MOD
Posts: 913
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by a31chris » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:34 am

MegaData wrote:I just want to add that this thread is how I found this forum. I don't know if this really explains "recent events" that lead to the closing of Jaguar Sector II, but it was more information than anyone else was willing to admit. The handle mentioned earlier was just starting to collect in 2011 and this thread is the first I heard of Grimm... other than the "Brothers." I'm really out of the loop on what went on.
Beyond Grimm it was Rush6432(The guy doing the Heretic demo for Jag) who then filed another complaint out of the blue against JSII. This was the cincher when Jay realized the laws in the US are so asinine that he has to remove everything they post regardless of disclaimers etc. He figured it was no way to run a forum.

I got a special place in my heart for Rush.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by Gunstar » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:55 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:
Walter_j64bit wrote:Hi all! It's funny how I got the word you all are here! I have T2KFreeker on my friends list for Xbox Live so I've PMed him when he'd pop on and he told me the news! I haven't been here in years! :mrgreen: I hate that we'd lost JSII I hope we haven't JaySmith2000.
Nice to see you made your way here Walter. Welcome back. As for Jay, not sure what to tell you. I know he has become quite disenchanted with the Jaguar community. It's sad too because all it took was a couple idiots to ruin everything. I'd name names, but I believe it would be better suited for PM's as I don't want to bring the drama here as you never know who is lurking and reading posts just to be a douche. Not anyone here who's an actual member, but people have their ways of finding out, sadly. We need to find some of the other JSII regulars and get them over here too like jmetal, Buddies, and Tursi.
I'm back here now, for both Jag and 3DO, IF u giv a dam... :mrgreen:
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by Gunstar » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:01 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Nice to see you made your way here Walter. Welcome back. As for Jay, not sure what to tell you. I know he has become quite disenchanted with the Jaguar community. It's sad too because all it took was a couple idiots to ruin everything. I'd name names, but I believe it would be better suited for PM's as I don't want to bring the drama here as you never know who is lurking and reading posts just to be a douche. Not anyone here who's an actual member, but people have their ways of finding out, sadly. We need to find some of the other JSII regulars and get them over here too like jmetal, Buddies, and Tursi.
Freeker!

Just thought I'd give you the heads up, that since the closure of JS-II, I have since bothered to join up over at AA!

I realise that there has been a considerable amount of animosity between both JS-II & AA over the years, however, as a Jag gamer, I've never had any political involvement either way, myself. I'm all about just discussing the games tbh, so thought I'd give it a go and see how I get on. Not to mention, there's plenty of familiar faces from JS-II anyway, so it doesn't feel completely new or uncomfortable tbh...
I've always detested the animosity between the sites and Jag community, and try to not take any sides, and try to be in the middle and get along with most everyone. I've always been a member of both, and was even invited a couple years back to 'Atari Proppa,' though it's dead most of the time...gee, I wonder why... :roll: But I accepted the invite and Gorf actually allowed me when others invited, even though we'd had our own arguments over the years. Anyway, I think I like this idea of having a site (3DO Zone) as a one-stop site for my two favorite consoles, Jag and 3DO. They may have been the enemies in the console wars they both lost, but they compliment each other and really, both need the other for one competent library between them! :P

NFS and WTR RULE!!!
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Gunstar wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:
Walter_j64bit wrote:Hi all! It's funny how I got the word you all are here! I have T2KFreeker on my friends list for Xbox Live so I've PMed him when he'd pop on and he told me the news! I haven't been here in years! :mrgreen: I hate that we'd lost JSII I hope we haven't JaySmith2000.
Nice to see you made your way here Walter. Welcome back. As for Jay, not sure what to tell you. I know he has become quite disenchanted with the Jaguar community. It's sad too because all it took was a couple idiots to ruin everything. I'd name names, but I believe it would be better suited for PM's as I don't want to bring the drama here as you never know who is lurking and reading posts just to be a douche. Not anyone here who's an actual member, but people have their ways of finding out, sadly. We need to find some of the other JSII regulars and get them over here too like jmetal, Buddies, and Tursi.
I'm back here now, for both Jag and 3DO, IF u giv a dam... :mrgreen:
Yes Gunstar, I'm glad to see you too, but I thought I had just seen you recently on the forums in the 3DO section as well? Wasn't leaving you out anyway. LOL
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by Gunstar » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:42 pm

yes, you did see me in the other forum, i was just reading through lots of threads and replying. I really never expected you to "remember" me and actually name me, not looking for acknowledgement from you, just throwing in my two cents...trying to build up posts to get rid of the "who's Trip Hawkins" moniker as I'm a fan of 18 years and certainly know who he is. :mrgreen:
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
BryWI
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Kenosha, WI, USA
Contact:

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by BryWI » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:11 am

Gunstar wrote:trying to build up posts to get rid of the "who's Trip Hawkins" moniker as I'm a fan of 18 years and certainly know who he is. :mrgreen:

I think that's an old joke a mod played on you back in the day. They can remove that for you if you PM them.

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by Gunstar » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:37 am

BryWI wrote:
Gunstar wrote:trying to build up posts to get rid of the "who's Trip Hawkins" moniker as I'm a fan of 18 years and certainly know who he is. :mrgreen:

I think that's an old joke a mod played on you back in the day. They can remove that for you if you PM them.
Then I'll take it as a badge of honor instead, and let it be.

Since my first console love is the Jaguar, and that's how I felt back in the day before I accepted the 3DO into my life only to fill in some missing spots in my Jag library. I'll use it as turn-about-is-fair-play. Who IS Trip Hawkins?!? 3DO, my consolation prize to having more games on the JAG! :mrgreen:
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:10 am

Hmm, I just noticed I'm about to hit 1,000 posts. Took me long enough I guess. LOL Too bad I can't import my number from JSII.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:09 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Hmm, I just noticed I'm about to hit 1,000 posts. Took me long enough I guess. LOL Too bad I can't import my number from JSII.
Did cross my mind that.

I dropped under 2,000 posts when JS-II disappeared... however, I was aware that certain, more dedicated community members over there (i.e. like yourself) dropped around 20,000+ posts?!!

That's a lot of community input... lost.

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:30 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Hmm, I just noticed I'm about to hit 1,000 posts. Took me long enough I guess. LOL Too bad I can't import my number from JSII.
Did cross my mind that.

I dropped under 2,000 posts when JS-II disappeared... however, I was aware that certain, more dedicated community members over there (i.e. like yourself) dropped around 20,000+ posts?!!

That's a lot of community input... lost.
Yeah, I was the second highest poster behind Jay at somewhere over 22,000 posts. I guess I was really active in the Jaguar community for quite some time. That's why it's annoying that the site is gone now. So much time was spent there chatting about stuff andfnow that it's gone, well, it's gone. I was able to snag my Jaggy the Jaguar stuff off of there though. I think I'm finishing up the TRON story arch I was working on there. I just need a place to host the web comic now.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by Gunstar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:44 am

I'm pretty sure I was way up in the thousands on JS2, though I don't remember how many now. As to posts on this site, and me thinking at first my moniker of 'who's T.H.?' was due to low posting, the more I pondered it, the more I like the fact that I have a very unique moniker that no one else will ever have...RIGHTEOUS!!! :twisted:
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
a31chris
Jaguar MOD
Posts: 913
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by a31chris » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:24 pm

The Laird wrote:Real shame to see JS2 gone, back in the good old days it was my home and had so many good times there. It had become a shadow of its former self sadly and many of the people that made it great had moved on elsewhere.

I actually sent you a message T2K bus guess you never read it. I was offering to host a new JS2 on my own forum and the offer is still open if anyone wanted it, would let you guys moderate it how you wished. Would probably be beneficial for the system with being part of a bigger site, but up to you guys. Offer is open.

I hold no grudges against anyone and the olive branch is out. I apologise to anyone I might have upset/offended over the years, we all do things we regret.
Its good to hear these things Laird. We kinda have enough forums for now I guess. Hope you are doing well. As for my part as a moderator here everyone is welcome. Debate is welcome. Controlled debate. Let's not get nuts. All civil views welcome.

Congratulations on your success with Retro Gamer and your talent at getting hard to come by interviews.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

User avatar
The Laird
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by The Laird » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:52 am

a31chris wrote:
The Laird wrote:Real shame to see JS2 gone, back in the good old days it was my home and had so many good times there. It had become a shadow of its former self sadly and many of the people that made it great had moved on elsewhere.

I actually sent you a message T2K bus guess you never read it. I was offering to host a new JS2 on my own forum and the offer is still open if anyone wanted it, would let you guys moderate it how you wished. Would probably be beneficial for the system with being part of a bigger site, but up to you guys. Offer is open.

I hold no grudges against anyone and the olive branch is out. I apologise to anyone I might have upset/offended over the years, we all do things we regret.
Its good to hear these things Laird. We kinda have enough forums for now I guess. Hope you are doing well. As for my part as a moderator here everyone is welcome. Debate is welcome. Controlled debate. Let's not get nuts. All civil views welcome.

Congratulations on your success with Retro Gamer and your talent at getting hard to come by interviews.
Thanks for the kind words Chris, I have something very special coming up for Jaguar and Lynx fans in next months issue (128) and just finished something else that is going to make Lynx fans very happy indeed for the issue after.

Working on lots of stuff behind the scenes too that I can't talk about ;)

Looks like this place has been a good fit for all so I will carry on popping my head in from time to time.

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:25 am

The Laird wrote:
a31chris wrote:
The Laird wrote:Real shame to see JS2 gone, back in the good old days it was my home and had so many good times there. It had become a shadow of its former self sadly and many of the people that made it great had moved on elsewhere.

I actually sent you a message T2K bus guess you never read it. I was offering to host a new JS2 on my own forum and the offer is still open if anyone wanted it, would let you guys moderate it how you wished. Would probably be beneficial for the system with being part of a bigger site, but up to you guys. Offer is open.

I hold no grudges against anyone and the olive branch is out. I apologise to anyone I might have upset/offended over the years, we all do things we regret.
Its good to hear these things Laird. We kinda have enough forums for now I guess. Hope you are doing well. As for my part as a moderator here everyone is welcome. Debate is welcome. Controlled debate. Let's not get nuts. All civil views welcome.

Congratulations on your success with Retro Gamer and your talent at getting hard to come by interviews.
Thanks for the kind words Chris, I have something very special coming up for Jaguar and Lynx fans in next months issue (128) and just finished something else that is going to make Lynx fans very happy indeed for the issue after.

Working on lots of stuff behind the scenes too that I can't talk about ;)

Looks like this place has been a good fit for all so I will carry on popping my head in from time to time.
Woot Woot! Jaguar and Lynx stuffs in Retro gamer! Niceness indeed!
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
MegaData
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:31 pm
Location: Undisclosed, Midwest, Republic of America
Contact:

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by MegaData » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:37 pm

There were things like "The Official Battlesphere Thread," and such, that will definitely be missed. Couldn't someone just take down whatever was offensive to whomever and refresh the thing or archive it? Then again there were PMs I'd like to revisit too. Just like a churchyard shadow, my ex-wife may have left me, but her words could live on in a storybook story...

User avatar
mattyg
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:23 am
Location: Australia

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by mattyg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Sad to see any page with an active community die. I dropped in occasionally and often lurked. Everybody is welcome here - just leave your dramas/past behind. I still have a working Jag CD setup and one of my custom painted Jags can be clearly seen on the set of Australian national tv show Good Game.
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

User avatar
NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:22 am

If I'm honest, if I rethink this, it irks me somewhat that Jay just shut the door on us all and (effectively) just told us all to get out and f*ck off!

I understand, of course, that the forum is his and is his to do whatever he wants with, but to offer no foreseeable closure period (hey guys, JS-II will be closing in 1 month) or even offer up the forum to one of the many existing, loyal Jaguar fans... it just doesn't sit very well with me.

Forums work both ways. Certainly, you need to have an individual in the first place with the will and determination to succeed, but much of that success is also down to the community and the members it brings.

Some individuals put sooo much time into JS-II to make it what it was originally (and financially backed memberships/subscriptions) - back in the day and supporting it to its last days. To have the door slammed in the face of all of whom cared so quickly and unexpectedly was just rude imo.

That's just how I feel on the subject... :?

User avatar
MegaData
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:31 pm
Location: Undisclosed, Midwest, Republic of America
Contact:

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by MegaData » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:29 am

We can't leave our past behind. We are collectors of "outdated" systems. Ask the impossible. :wink:

Yeah, reading the eMail that JSII is back online just to follow the Hypertext Link to the site with a message saying the exact opposite was... well, very ironic. There were memberships with fees? When was this? How much were they?

Post Reply