Robinsons Requiem.

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Robinsons Requiem.

Post by a31chris » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:20 am

Am going to start working through this game. Since by myself I miss stuff I have been watching this guys YT vids. He misses stuff to but watching an episode is enough for me to get a 'hint' on how to continue a little farther without seeing everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdUeg0M3ybQ

and I like that.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Robinsons Requiem.

Post by MegaData » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:08 am

I watched around 8 minutes of that.
Nice little preview of the title.

So, you started in February. Are you finished?
How long might someone spend playing this one?
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:07 am

LOL I have not played this much. I need to get on this.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:53 am

I got this title yesterday. The intro reminded me of the Critters DVD menus... wow, that's a long intro... I did read the manual that comes with the Jaguar version. So, I selected the Arcade Mode but I could tell right away that the sound needed more work. There's a portion of the floor missing inside the ship where you can see a "star" which makes me think this is a prototype instead of a finished product. Then, the music can punk out on you just by pressing pause, which was the first thing I did in game. It was an annoying clicking sound. It started doing that again today and the pause menu sound settings changed nothing. Venturing out further, there are areas of terrain that look passable, but it takes some clever maneuvering to get any footing. I died yesterday and today, but today I got a game saved before the end and collected some items. Now, I wish I knew what all those gizmos on the health screen meant. Like, what are the different colored lines for? How do I know if I'm tired or hungry? I'm going to check out that PDF on Songbird's site next.

For some strange reason, I keep wondering where I left off in my MYST game.
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:17 pm

MegaData wrote:I got this title yesterday. The intro reminded me of the Critters DVD menus... wow, that's a long intro... I did read the manual that comes with the Jaguar version. So, I selected the Arcade Mode but I could tell right away that the sound needed more work. There's a portion of the floor missing inside the ship where you can see a "star" which makes me think this is a prototype instead of a finished product. Then, the music can punk out on you just by pressing pause, which was the first thing I did in game. It was an annoying clicking sound. It started doing that again today and the pause menu sound settings changed nothing. Venturing out further, there are areas of terrain that look passable, but it takes some clever maneuvering to get any footing. I died yesterday and today, but today I got a game saved before the end and collected some items. Now, I wish I knew what all those gizmos on the health screen meant. Like, what are the different colored lines for? How do I know if I'm tired or hungry? I'm going to check out that PDF on Songbird's site next.

For some strange reason, I keep wondering where I left off in my MYST game.
I printed out the PDF of the white book. It explains all the health stuff. The annoying clicking sound is something going in 'in game' as its also present in the 3do version.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:05 pm

Going to put some work in on this today. Booting it up now.

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:18 am

I did download the white book, but I didn't print it out. I did check out the health stuff now.

There is a clicking sound with growls in the background in game but when you have a clicking sound that you cannot adjust the volume on, using the pause sound options, I would have to say it's not supposed to work that way. I didn't mind when the growls were added, before the source of the growling attacked, but I guess it didn't dawn on me to actually see if the sound options worked when the sound did NOT bother me. I'll have to check that out next time. 8)
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Sat May 03, 2014 1:58 am

I've come to the conclusion that this game is very unforgiving to novice players. I appear to have saved over a previous game only to find out that I was dying of hypothermia when I saved. :shock:

Is there a trick to finding a torch to see into caves?
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sat May 03, 2014 6:15 am

You build torches. You don't find them. You combine sticks you cut with something else... not telling.

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Thu May 15, 2014 3:57 am

Thank you for the hint a31chris.
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:13 am

Have totally neglected this game still. Can't happen.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:53 am

Pulled up a save game and it's raining. I'm all bandaged up for reasons I can't remember. So trying to get my bearings. What's going on. What I may have accomplished. What I haven't etc.

I hear a 'cuckoo' clock sound go off every so often that must be from my equipment.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Trying to find the SaltPeter cave.

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Saturn » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:25 am

Awesome, glad you're playing again. Saw that this thread was about to fall off the page. I wanted to start playing and put some serious time into it but sounds a lot more difficult than time I can apply. Was reading a walkthrough for the 3DO version (iirc) to get an idea of what to expect. Hopefully the map layout is the same. :mrgreen:

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:48 pm

Saturn wrote:Awesome, glad you're playing again. Saw that this thread was about to fall off the page. I wanted to start playing and put some serious time into it but sounds a lot more difficult than time I can apply. Was reading a walkthrough for the 3DO version (iirc) to get an idea of what to expect. Hopefully the map layout is the same. :mrgreen:
Yeah map layout is the same. Watch the video at the beginning I linked to sometime. There are only 3 and it gives some hints on how to get through the first couple areas.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:29 pm

keep plugging away, remember it took me 10 years to finish Dragon Lore played to the 3rd disc then i didnt play it for 9 years then finished it :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host