Scanned & Custom Overlays

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Scanned & Custom Overlays

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:24 am

Figured I'd start a thread since I lost all the ones others had made and not with JSII gone I can't get them back.

So post your overlays here, I'm including my template which you can get at http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/wg7xjk
It's a PSD that looks like this but is fully editable and larger.

I'll put up two to get the ball rolling. Just save, print and cut out.

It's the only one I have scanned as I used it to make my template.

My first Jag game.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Scanned & Custom Overlays

Post by a31chris » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:47 am

Never beat Cannon Fodder. Its so hard.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:15 pm

This is a good idea - appreciate the thread.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:32 am

Okay, so I see that Aircars and Trevor McFur have overlays in the manuals. I'm fairly certain the original AirCars release did not come with an overlay. Was there one with the second AirCars version? Was there an actual overlay that came with Trevor McFur? Besides those, it looks like some were made for JagMIND: Bombsquad (a game I don't own) and Cannon Fodder (as noted here). Do you just download those and print them out or does someone make them? I've scanned the internet briefly and the four I've mentioned seem to be the only ones missing from my collection.
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:28 am

MegaData wrote:Okay, so I see that Aircars and Trevor McFur have overlays in the manuals. I'm fairly certain the original AirCars release did not come with an overlay. Was there one with the second AirCars version? Was there an actual overlay that came with Trevor McFur? Besides those, it looks like some were made for JagMIND: Bombsquad (a game I don't own) and Cannon Fodder (as noted here). Do you just download those and print them out or does someone make them? I've scanned the internet briefly and the four I've mentioned seem to be the only ones missing from my collection.
Trevor McFur does indeed come with an actual Overlay. Air Cars KA had one, but it was made by a Jaguar community member and was VERY well done, I might add. I can't remember who made it though, so yes, there was one but it did not actually ship with the game.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:37 pm

These are made at 300dpi for you to print out. I print mine on Epson Glossy Photo Paper, makes a good print and is thick.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:57 am

I have one "custom" overlay and I did that doesn't really go with a game and pretty much did the same thing although I'm not sure what brand of photopaper I used. I always meant to laminate it, too. Perhaps a project for tomorrow: look for my laminate amongst the art supplies in my basement. I doubt THAT got damaged from the floodwaters! All three of my Jaguar system boxes have water damage as well as the gamer guide, poster, one of the bumper stickers and system manual.

Thank you for the reply T2KFreeker. Randy Femrite was the guy who sent me some overlays for Battleshpere, Skyhammer, and WORMS. Maybe because I sold him one of his Battle Spheres. (He was the one with the License Plate) I wonder how many he ended up with. I don't know that he ever did anything with Aircars though. Anyway, he had a business card for "The Atari Jaguar Directory" and I guess it's no longer around either.
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:49 am

I haven't heard anything from Randy in about a decade or more, I'm not sure if he's even into the Jag anymore.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed