3DO ZONE Forums

The Only R.E.A.L. 3DO Experience.
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:06 am 
Offline
Jaguar MOD
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am
Posts: 820
Walter_j64bit wrote:
I've just word rush is going post what's going on with Heretic but I don't have any more information than that, it might not be a bad thing, hope for the best.


Yeah right. Whatever.

_________________
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:19 am 
Offline
3DO ZERO USER
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 pm
Posts: 94
a31chris wrote:
Walter_j64bit wrote:
I've just word rush is going post what's going on with Heretic but I don't have any more information than that, it might not be a bad thing, hope for the best.


Yeah right. Whatever.

I know, I know, Been there, done that.

_________________
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Cyberm0rph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:43 pm 
Offline
Master Poster & Pricing Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 am
Posts: 1819
Location: Fairfax, VA
a31chris wrote:
Doom in its entirety has been ported and re-ported to damn near every system except the Jaguar. I think it was just interpersonal drama. With no one else around anymore to aim their drama guns at they turned on each other.


Incorrect. Shareware DOOM is ported, then people that want the full thing have the option of replacing the shareware WAD with a full-game WAD (from a version they purchased, like on Steam). DOOM is a game that is still for sale and people offering the full game for free could face legal repercussions. The same thing goes with Heretic, Hexen, and pretty much any other FPS with id's name on it since Wolfenstein 3D.

Perhaps the game could be made for free on an obscure platform like the Jaguar, if blessing is received/the project is condoned by the current rights owner of the game (think Halo 2600), but if that isn't received then anyone pursuing this kind of project without going through proper licensing channels is putting themselves at risk.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't doubt interpersonal drama either. I've dealt with that portion of the Jag "scene" for more than I would have liked. Those guys can be egotistical, narcissistic, and downright bats*#%-crazy.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/austinmackert | http://www.twitch.tv/amackert


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:43 pm 
Offline
Jaguar MOD
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am
Posts: 820
Austin wrote:
a31chris wrote:
Doom in its entirety has been ported and re-ported to damn near every system except the Jaguar. I think it was just interpersonal drama. With no one else around anymore to aim their drama guns at they turned on each other.


Incorrect. Shareware DOOM is ported, then people that want the full thing have the option of replacing the shareware WAD with a full-game WAD (from a version they purchased, like on Steam). DOOM is a game that is still for sale and people offering the full game for free could face legal repercussions. The same thing goes with Heretic, Hexen, and pretty much any other FPS with id's name on it since Wolfenstein 3D.



You're right. Shareware Doom is ported and then they just replace the shareware WAD with the whole one. I guess thats what I meant.

_________________
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:57 pm 
Offline
Master Poster & Pricing Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 am
Posts: 1819
Location: Fairfax, VA
a31chris wrote:
You're right. Shareware Doom is ported and then they just replace the shareware WAD with the whole one. I guess thats what I meant.


All right, cool. We're on the same page then. :P

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/austinmackert | http://www.twitch.tv/amackert


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:10 am 
Offline
Jaguar MOD
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am
Posts: 820
Has anyone heard anymore about what happened?

_________________
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:25 am 
Offline
3DO ZERO USER
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:55 am
Posts: 3
This sounds like a really nice project, Heretic on the Jaguar. I think you may need 50 posts to view that link Walter posted, idk. It would be awesome if StormWorks Interactive could finish and release this game to everybody not just a select few and trusted individuals on the retrovideogamer.co.uk website. lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:16 am 
Offline
Master Poster & Pricing Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 am
Posts: 1819
Location: Fairfax, VA
ovalbugmann wrote:
This sounds like a really nice project, Heretic on the Jaguar. I think you may need 50 posts to view that link Walter posted, idk. It would be awesome if StormWorks Interactive could finish and release this game to everybody not just a select few and trusted individuals on the retrovideogamer.co.uk website. lol


Sorry, Oval.. If it's legit, I don't think it's going to be completed. Or if it is, I doubt it will be open to the general public. Laird's posts have all been removed at RVG. He seemed to be one of the primary promoters (at least here) of the project. Rush requested his posts deleted as well, and he is one of the developers of it. Who knows if this will actually be completed. We will see.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/austinmackert | http://www.twitch.tv/amackert


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:11 am 
Offline
3DO ZERO USER

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 18
For those interested, Stormworks website (stormworksinteractive.com) is back up. Not much there yet, but Heretic is listed as a project.

_________________
No one dies a virgin. Life screws us all.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group