downfall+

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

Post Reply
User avatar
Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 pm

downfall+

Post by Walter_j64bit » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:56 am

Is anyone here going to get that cart? I know, I'm not. I'm not big fan of downfall, I have CD version that's good enough for me.

User avatar
a31chris
Jaguar MOD
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am

Re: downfall+

Post by a31chris » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:09 am

Am going to pass as well.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Re: downfall+

Post by Gunstar » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:39 am

I'm not overly excited with the game on CD, and some spruced up graphics won't convince me to buy the cart. I consider this a 'mini-game' since it is so retro, like what, 16k game on an 8-bit computer? I won't pay good money for mini-games unless I can get a CD or cart with dozens of games on it. There are bonus and easter-egg games on other Jag titles that are better.

It's more for those that have no Jag CD or skunkboard or BJL option I think. At least they did spruce up the graphics background instead of releasing it as it was, but still...no.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: downfall+

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:08 am

I seem to have missed this? Then again, I don't frequent the Atari Age forum too much these days. There is a thread for "New Releases" for the Jaguar that may be a good idea to pin like we did over at JSII*? Chris? :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
a31chris
Jaguar MOD
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am

Re: downfall+

Post by a31chris » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 am

T2KFreeker wrote:I seem to have missed this? Then again, I don't frequent the Atari Age forum too much these days. There is a thread for "New Releases" for the Jaguar that may be a good idea to pin like we did over at JSII*? Chris? :wink:
You want to whip one up? I'll pin it for you. :)
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

User avatar
NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: downfall+

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Gunstar wrote:I'm not overly excited with the game on CD, and some spruced up graphics won't convince me to buy the cart. I consider this a 'mini-game' since it is so retro, like what, 16k game on an 8-bit computer? I won't pay good money for mini-games unless I can get a CD or cart with dozens of games on it. There are bonus and easter-egg games on other Jag titles that are better.

It's more for those that have no Jag CD or skunkboard or BJL option I think. At least they did spruce up the graphics background instead of releasing it as it was, but still...no.
I sort of mentioned this openly (to SH3) on AA.

If they ever made a cart compilation containing most of their titles (Superfly, Rocketeer, Downfall, HMS Raptor and whatever else) I would definitely buy it, but couldn't warrant cart costs for a single title. Also, I have ZERO interest in the Jag CD (no, literally: zero).

I suggested releasing it and having a selection screen driven via the Jag controllers numerical keypad! Thought that would be cool 8)

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: downfall+

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:33 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Gunstar wrote:I'm not overly excited with the game on CD, and some spruced up graphics won't convince me to buy the cart. I consider this a 'mini-game' since it is so retro, like what, 16k game on an 8-bit computer? I won't pay good money for mini-games unless I can get a CD or cart with dozens of games on it. There are bonus and easter-egg games on other Jag titles that are better.

It's more for those that have no Jag CD or skunkboard or BJL option I think. At least they did spruce up the graphics background instead of releasing it as it was, but still...no.
I sort of mentioned this openly (to SH3) on AA.

If they ever made a cart compilation containing most of their titles (Superfly, Rocketeer, Downfall, HMS Raptor and whatever else) I would definitely buy it, but couldn't warrant cart costs for a single title. Also, I have ZERO interest in the Jag CD (no, literally: zero).

I suggested releasing it and having a selection screen driven via the Jag controllers numerical keypad! Thought that would be cool 8)
I was out of line with this comment. I should not have said this in this particular thread as it has no bearing on the actual game being released as personal opinions on members of said group should have no bearing on the quality, or lack there of in one of their releases. I edit this response because I felt the need to do so, not because I was asked to. It was unprofessional and wrong of me to pull the politics in here when we all should be trying to move past them. I take responsibility for what I said, and apologize for my comment if it caused anyone undue anger or stress. That will be all.
Last edited by T2KFreeker on Thu May 08, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Re: downfall+

Post by Gunstar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:53 am

NeoGeoNinja wrote: I have ZERO interest in the Jag CD (no, literally: zero).
That's too bad, (no, literally: too BAD)
The Jaguar CD, though it has few titles, actually has, IMHO, half the Jag's killer-apps on it, like Battlemorph, IS2 (yea, that one's on cart, but more expensive and missing awesome music), Word Tour Racing, VLM. As well as several other good titles, including RR (yea, it's on the 3DO), plus tons of homebrew and alpha/beta stuff. I can't imagine owning a Jag without the CD unit. But whatever, Battlemorph and VLM alone are worth it. But you've obviously made up your mind, so, o.k., but I actually pity you for flat out disregarding it. :cry:
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
sneth
Nibbler
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:31 pm
Location: STL
Contact:

Re: downfall+

Post by sneth » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:09 am

I support these guys as much as I can, but i'm passing on this one as well.
I know it's hard to put together a full fledged game, but this one is just fine on a burned CD.

User avatar
NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: downfall+

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Gunstar wrote:
NeoGeoNinja wrote:I actually pity you for flat out disregarding it. :cry:
Thanks Gunstar!

Similarly, I pity you for considering the Jag CD to have around HALF of the Jags "killer apps".

Again: zero interest in the Jag CD. End. Of.

User avatar
NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: downfall+

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:06 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:It won't happen. At least, I don't think so. It doesn't help either that Reboot aren't very open to "Fan Feedback". If you are in on their little group, all is cool, but if you dare to question something they are doing, all Hell breaks loose. It is what it is. AND, I might add that those guys are also partially responsible for the death of JSII, so that doesn't help me feel any other warm and fuzzy feelings towards this or any other project they may be working on in the near future.
How are they partially responsible?

For exposing what'shisface as filthy flipper, openly for all to see? Or... by the way the situation was handled/opened up in general?

I will agree that the back-and-forth and antagonistic behaviour was somewhat unnecessary at times :|

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: downfall+

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:10 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:It won't happen. At least, I don't think so. It doesn't help either that Reboot aren't very open to "Fan Feedback". If you are in on their little group, all is cool, but if you dare to question something they are doing, all Hell breaks loose. It is what it is. AND, I might add that those guys are also partially responsible for the death of JSII, so that doesn't help me feel any other warm and fuzzy feelings towards this or any other project they may be working on in the near future.
How are they partially responsible?

For exposing what'shisface as filthy flipper, openly for all to see? Or... by the way the situation was handled/opened up in general?

I will agree that the back-and-forth and antagonistic behaviour was somewhat unnecessary at times :|
No, not exposing him for being the assclown that he was. However, poking him with a stick and going on a rampage with Grimm to provoke him into the legal threat actions he took by posting his personal and confidential information and then not taking it down was the beginning of the last straw for Jay. Edited the rest of the post due to the below comment.
Last edited by T2KFreeker on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
a31chris
Jaguar MOD
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am

Re: downfall+

Post by a31chris » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:36 am

WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING AA/JSII POLITICS HERE. Please refrain from calling names also.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

User avatar
sneth
Nibbler
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:31 pm
Location: STL
Contact:

Re: downfall+

Post by sneth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:06 pm

no name calling?
You damn dirty jaguar lover.

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: downfall+

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:37 pm

sneth wrote:no name calling?
You damn dirty jaguar lover.
Nah, it's all good. Both NG Ninja and I are pretty passionate about our hobbies, so I don't think either one of us were taking anything personally. However, Chris is right as I wouldn't want this to turn into another flame war. Last thing I want to bring over here, anyway. I', sure Ninja and I are cool. LOL
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: downfall+

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:
sneth wrote:no name calling?
You damn dirty jaguar lover.
Nah, it's all good. Both NG Ninja and I are pretty passionate about our hobbies, so I don't think either one of us were taking anything personally. However, Chris is right as I wouldn't want this to turn into another flame war. Last thing I want to bring over here, anyway.

I'm, sure Ninja and I are cool. LOL
Yeah, we're always cool dude. Hell, we've known each other (on and off) for long enough now, eh? :P

I wasn't looking to rouse any unwanted politics Chris. I don't consider myself any part of that past culture and, as I've always said, I am SIMPLY about supporting, buying (and most importantly!) playing Jaguar games.

No politics. No tech talk. Just a simple Jaguar gamer :mrgreen:

User avatar
sneth
Nibbler
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:31 pm
Location: STL
Contact:

Re: downfall+

Post by sneth » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:07 pm

Yup. They have been cool with me, so I'm cool with them.

User avatar
Martin III
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:32 am
Location: United States of America

Re: downfall+

Post by Martin III » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Gunstar wrote:The Jaguar CD, though it has few titles, actually has, IMHO, half the Jag's killer-apps on it, like Battlemorph, IS2 (yea, that one's on cart, but more expensive and missing awesome music), Word Tour Racing, VLM.
Ugh, is that some edutainment title? No thanks. :P

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Re: downfall+

Post by Gunstar » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Martin III wrote:
Gunstar wrote:The Jaguar CD, though it has few titles, actually has, IMHO, half the Jag's killer-apps on it, like Battlemorph, IS2 (yea, that one's on cart, but more expensive and missing awesome music), Word Tour Racing, VLM.
Ugh, is that some edutainment title? No thanks. :P
What? WTR? I'm guessing you are joking due to the emoticon, but I don't get the joke...it's a very good F1 racing arcade game. Certainly light-years beyond the 3DO's F1 racing game...but 3DO has NFS which is my all-time favorite and is better than WTR.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
The Laird
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: downfall+

Post by The Laird » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:24 pm

You said WORD not WORLD :wink:

Post Reply