R.I.P. H.R. Giger

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue May 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Yes, the artist H.R. Giger has passed away at the age of 74. Commonly known for his horrific and very scary art style, his paintings have always been something different. Why is this in the Jaguar section? Giger is responsible for the original design for the Alien in the Aliens movies, which of course helped culminate the Jaguar classic Alien VS Predator. Giger was the man, and it's sad to see him go. Check out an artbook of his and enjoy a sleepless, nightmare filled night in honor of his passing.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Re: R.I.P. H.R. Giger

Post by Gunstar » Tue May 27, 2014 12:34 am

R.I.P. :cry:
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Thu May 29, 2014 2:36 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Yes, the artist H.R. Giger has passed away at the age of 74. Commonly known for his horrific and very scary art style, his paintings have always been something different. Why is this in the Jaguar section? Giger is responsible for the original design for the Alien in the Aliens movies, which of course helped culminate the Jaguar classic Alien VS Predator. Giger was the man, and it's sad to see him go. Check out an artbook of his and enjoy a sleepless, nightmare filled night in honor of his passing.
I assume you meant "cultivate"?

Giger was also directly involved with the art design for the Dark Seed games, which strangely enough, were never ported to the 3DO.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu May 29, 2014 10:22 pm

I have Darkseed still on my CD32 - played it in his honor last week. Was very sad news.
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG