Towers II

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

Post Reply
User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Towers II

Post by Saturn » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:44 am

Edit:

I put this together over a couple of months since there apparently wasn't a resource available anymore and while it has elements of a "what I experienced while playing through the game" description, it solves the puzzle(s)-if anyone's stuck. While some elements will vary, like exact enemy placement, it's put together in the most efficient manner I could find. Playing right now from start to finish takes around 6 hours. Most of that (wasted) time spent swinging and missing with the heavier swords.

Big thanks to @zapiy for hosting it on it's own page. While still a wip with some minor editing being done on the page, the outline is available for view. Soon it'll include a downloadable pdf (which will probably be around 19 pages long) so check back often. :)

Discussion thread is here
Walkthrough is here

Pdf download is available here
Last edited by Saturn on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 19 times in total.

User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Towers II

Post by Saturn » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:02 pm

*2nd Floor to 5th Floor*
04.jpg
04.jpg (45.11 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
05.jpg
05.jpg (42.88 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
06.jpg
06.jpg (42.34 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
Last edited by Saturn on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Towers II

Post by Saturn » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:03 pm

*5th to 9th Floor*
07.jpg
07.jpg (43.15 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
08.jpg
08.jpg (42.73 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
09.jpg
09.jpg (41.22 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
Last edited by Saturn on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Towers II

Post by Saturn » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:04 pm

*9th Floor to credits*
10.jpg
10.jpg (41.04 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (41.75 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (39.3 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
Last edited by Saturn on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
a31chris
Jaguar MOD
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am

Re: Towers II

Post by a31chris » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:50 am

Awesome!
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

User avatar
a31chris
Jaguar MOD
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am

Re: Towers II

Post by a31chris » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:52 am

Saturn wrote:Some quick notes I made while playing this tonight. I'll edit/update as time allows but I figured out and documented the poem to escape the Chain Room. I know JagChris has been stuck in there since 1997. When I found the post I LOLed :D
I can be more specific than that. I got stuck in that room sometime during the NBA Western Conference Finals and the NBA Finals when the Jazz swept the Lakers and faced the Bulls for the second time.

And there I fuggin stayed.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Towers II

Post by Saturn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:21 pm

a31chris wrote:
Saturn wrote:Some quick notes I made while playing this tonight. I'll edit/update as time allows but I figured out and documented the poem to escape the Chain Room. I know JagChris has been stuck in there since 1997. When I found the post I LOLed :D
I can be more specific than that. I got stuck in that room sometime during the NBA Western Conference Finals and the NBA Finals when the Jazz swept the Lakers and faced the Bulls for the second time.

And there I fuggin stayed.
LOL that's down to the last detail! One or the other must have been a harrowing experience :p
This game is getting seriously difficult. More like complicated, beyond the bounds of being able to accurately detail every experience. Still trying to pull it off though. I know syntexerror had a KILLER guide at JSII but apparently nobody, myself included, saved it and he hasn't been on AA in almost 3 years. I sent him a pm the other day and he hasn't read it.
Probably never will. Ah well, nothing like starting from scratch. 8)

User avatar
a31chris
Jaguar MOD
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am

Re: Towers II

Post by a31chris » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Looks like you're doing good. And why take the mystery away with a guide?

I wish people would do more 'hint-thrughs' than walk throughs.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Towers II

Post by Saturn » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:18 pm

a31chris wrote:Looks like you're doing good. And why take the mystery away with a guide?

I wish people would do more 'hint-thrughs' than walk throughs.
Ha, I hear ya. But thinking up clever ways to hint someone along seems like a lot more work than just documenting the experience while playing. That way, anyone could find the relevant place to read a little and continue on their own and repeat if/when necessary. When I did the walkthrough for Battlemorph it was more like posting the notes I made so that I knew what had already been done/tried in an effort to save time when I was able to play again. I would have made this guide to Towers II regardless so that if I got the urge to play again in 10 years I wouldn't have to start from scratch. I put it online in case my hard drive tanks it won't be lost forever. (It's in my Google Drive and several email accounts also but..)

User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Towers II Walkthrough

Post by Saturn » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:59 am

I played through using my guide and beat it from start to finish in a matter of hours today. Most of that time spent swinging the heavier swords and missing. Seems like the accuracy of your strikes was based on rolling dice or something. Cool game 8)

User avatar
a31chris
Jaguar MOD
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am

Re: Towers II

Post by a31chris » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:33 am

Now you have to play with the wizard or some other weaker character.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Towers II

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:05 am

Actually, I have the guide saved here on my Computer...so, there you have it. Er, i think I still do...Let me see, I guess.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Towers II

Post by Saturn » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:56 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Actually, I have the guide saved here on my Computer...so, there you have it. Er, i think I still do...Let me see, I guess.
That would be great if you find it. Is it the one syntexerror had on JSII, by chance? I pm'ed him at another forum but never heard back.
I finished mine and zapiy posted it here. He's still doing some work on it and making a downloadable pdf but mine's been complete since August 2nd, 2015. Included a lot of what I experienced during the quest with sarcasm sprinkled throughout :D

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Towers II

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Saturn wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Actually, I have the guide saved here on my Computer...so, there you have it. Er, i think I still do...Let me see, I guess.
That would be great if you find it. Is it the one syntexerror had on JSII, by chance? I pm'ed him at another forum but never heard back.
I finished mine and zapiy posted it here. He's still doing some work on it and making a downloadable pdf but mine's been complete since August 2nd, 2015. Included a lot of what I experienced during the quest with sarcasm sprinkled throughout :D
I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that I found it! The bad news is that the file for it is long gone and it's in hard copy format from me printing it off when I was playing through Towers II, so, I will scan the guide and then put it up as a download here, if you wish. It's cool that I still have it as my Woman was just about to throw it away actually...LOL. Just give the word and it's scanned.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
a31chris
Jaguar MOD
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am

Re: Towers II

Post by a31chris » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:17 pm

Hey Freek, shoot me a text. I have two contact numbers for you and I don't know which one is good or not. I sent a message to both with no reply a while ago.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Towers II

Post by Saturn » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:41 am

T2KFreeker wrote: I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that I found it! The bad news is that the file for it is long gone and it's in hard copy format from me printing it off when I was playing through Towers II, so, I will scan the guide and then put it up as a download here, if you wish. It's cool that I still have it as my Woman was just about to throw it away actually...LOL. Just give the word and it's scanned.
Yes, please do! That would be great Freeker 8) 8) 8)

User avatar
Martin III
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 972
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:32 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Towers II Walkthrough

Post by Martin III » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Saturn wrote:I played through using my guide and beat it from start to finish in a matter of hours today. Most of that time spent swinging the heavier swords and missing. Seems like the accuracy of your strikes was based on rolling dice or something. Cool game 8)
Belated reply, but this is very common in games of this breed. Slayer (3DO) and The Throne of Chaos (PC) both likewise have a miss chance calculated using the attacker's weapon accuracy and the atackee's armor. I presume the grandaddy of live action dungeon crawlers, Dungeon Master, works the same way, though I haven't played it yet.

User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Towers II

Post by Saturn » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Saturn wrote:I put this together over a couple of months since there apparently wasn't a resource available anymore and while it has elements of a "what I experienced while playing through the game" description, it solves the puzzle(s)-if anyone's stuck. While some elements will vary, like exact enemy placement, it's put together in the most efficient manner I could find. Playing right now from start to finish takes around 6 hours. Most of that (wasted) time spent swinging and missing with the heavier swords.

Big thanks to @zapiy for hosting it on it's own page. While still a wip with some minor editing being done on the page, the outline is available for view. Soon it'll include a downloadable pdf (which will probably be around 19 pages long) so check back often. :)

Discussion thread is here
Walkthrough is here
Pdf download is now available here thanks to TrekMD 8)

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Towers II

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Saturn wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote: I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that I found it! The bad news is that the file for it is long gone and it's in hard copy format from me printing it off when I was playing through Towers II, so, I will scan the guide and then put it up as a download here, if you wish. It's cool that I still have it as my Woman was just about to throw it away actually...LOL. Just give the word and it's scanned.
Yes, please do! That would be great Freeker 8) 8) 8)
I swear I am getting to this. Been stupid busy of late and now with Christmas here...Ugh! It would be interested to go through both of your play guides and see what is different and what is the same, if any...LOL.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
Saturn
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Towers II

Post by Saturn » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:40 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:
Saturn wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote: I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that I found it! The bad news is that the file for it is long gone and it's in hard copy format from me printing it off when I was playing through Towers II, so, I will scan the guide and then put it up as a download here, if you wish. It's cool that I still have it as my Woman was just about to throw it away actually...LOL. Just give the word and it's scanned.
Yes, please do! That would be great Freeker 8) 8) 8)
I swear I am getting to this. Been stupid busy of late and now with Christmas here...Ugh! It would be interested to go through both of your play guides and see what is different and what is the same, if any...LOL.
Yeah, that would be cool. Mine doesn't have the easter egg info for sure and it's set up search friendly. I'm wondering if the other guide has info on the missing spell or bag. Couldn't find those two items to save my life and spent a ton of time searching. I can beat the game from start to finish in 6.5 hrs using mine. Will be interesting to see those differences. :D

Post Reply