Impulse X appreciation thread.

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Impulse X appreciation thread.

Post by a31chris » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:55 am

One of the last threads I made on JSII before it closed was an appreciation thread for Impulse X. And a month long appreciation window. Where those of us who bought it would try and focus some time each week to play it.

I am hereby restarting that. It's September 15th. I propose from now until the end of October we I-X owners try to spend a little time every week appreciating this game and seeing how far we can get.

High Score webpage:

http://duranik.com/impulsex/webcodes.php

Last time anyone posted a high score was 2013. Let's do something about that!!

How to buy:

http://mdgames.de/impulsex_eng.html
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Impulse X appreciation thread.

Post by a31chris » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:45 am

Out of what practice I did have in this game. Only made 40k or so.

My strategy is to hell with advancing through the levels. I get the 'gun' powerup and just try to stay on one level and keep shooting the enemies. They are worth 500 points each.

On a sidenote my Jaguar CD player is having more and more difficulty reading burnt discs. I will have to get the motor and pickup replaced soon. I'll send it in to Onalak.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:22 am

ugh having trouble breaking 50k

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Saturn » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:45 am

That's way better than I've done with it lol.
I found the controls were very sharp and couldn't control the paddle very well.
I'll dig it out and give it another spin to see if I can get anywhere close to your worst, let alone 50k. :lol: