3DO ZONE Forums

The Only R.E.A.L. 3DO Experience.
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:03 am 
3DO ZERO USER

Been watching a thread at AA where Carl from Songbird and a few others have been working to fix the network bug. Turns out it's NOT the infamous UART bug in the hardware but entirely in Doom itself. Now, it's been worked out and is supposed to be solid.. After I asked if someone would post a working ROM, OMF was nice enough to edit the binary and upload the ROM. Although I wanted to test it out vigorously, haven't flashed it to a single Skunkboard yet.
Anyone try this?

Carl said he easily had it connected for 30-60 minutes without a connectivity loss. I'm looking forward to trying this and wanted to get the word out to all possible for feedback (and to finally be able to play it how it was actually meant!).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:53 pm 
3DO ZERO USER

I've played the heck out of this and found it to crash on Area 7 repeatedly during Co-op. Other than that, no problems in Areas 1-6 and 8-10. Still quite a way to go but having a blast tearing through this game.
Not sure if it's an accident but found whoever presses the B button first to connect when setting up a network can enable God Mode and All Items/Ammo for their player. To my knowledge, cheats aren't supposed to available in networked modes so I find this to make life a lot better, anyway 8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:04 am 
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

There's also a glitch when networked where a player can have music playing in-game at the cost of all sound effects. I forget how to trigger it but a friend and I did it back in the day. Fun times.

I'd like to try this updated ROM but sadly Jag consoles are prohibitively costly now, too much so to justify buying a second. I wish this was 1999, then I'd have two..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:16 am 
3DO ZERO USER

Yeah Jags are through the roof now :shock: Glad I got an extra when I did, would hate to be starting to collect for this thing right now. Seems impossible to find it all anymore, let alone the prices of some items.

I'm hoping Carl gets back on this soon. Too close to give up now