Attack of the Mutant Penguins

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Attack of the Mutant Penguins

Post by Martin III » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:13 pm

So, I'm still doing my old magazine researches, and I came across a good article about the Jaguar's official discontinuation. In it, an Atari representative owned up that Atari hadn't been developing Jaguar games for about six months, and that they would release just two more games for the system. One of those was Brett Hull Hockey, which, as we all know, was later cancelled. The other was Attack of the Mutant Penguins.

This came as a bit of a surprise to me since it's well-established that the game's original release in PAL regions was in 1995. Why did the localization take so long?

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Attack of the Mutant Penguins

Post by Walter_j64bit » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:01 am

Martin III wrote:So, I'm still doing my old magazine researches, and I came across a good article about the Jaguar's official discontinuation. In it, an Atari representative owned up that Atari hadn't been developing Jaguar games for about six months, and that they would release just two more games for the system. One of those was Brett Hull Hockey, which, as we all know, was later cancelled. The other was Attack of the Mutant Penguins.

This came as a bit of a surprise to me since it's well-established that the game's original release in PAL regions was in 1995. Why did the localization take so long?
Can you post the magazine article? I didn't know about Attack of the Mutant Penguins being release in PAL regions first, maybe "Atari Europe" had the game finished and this was them doing a last ditch effort to move the game out!

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Walter_j64bit wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:01 am
Can you post the magazine article? I didn't know about Attack of the Mutant Penguins being release in PAL regions first, maybe "Atari Europe" had the game finished and this was them doing a last ditch effort to move the game out!
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been having computer troubles, and after I sorted them out it took me a little while to find the article again, since I foolishly forgot to note down in my original post which magazine I got it from (GamePro, May 1996 issue). Here's the article:

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:31 am

Oh, Ok I'll check it out! Thanks!