should I buy a Jaguar CD?

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:34 am

I love Pitfall on my Jaguar. Too bad it's a loose copy. Awesome though.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

elpotro
3DO ZERO USER

Post by elpotro » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:41 am

I like pitfall too, but exists many systems to play it (snes, genesis, sega cd, windows)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:27 am

I loved the Jaguar, Sega CD and 32-X versions. The Jaguar one though, the way that the game moves, it really shows what the Jaguar could do with 3D. Way more animation frames and a ton of paralax scrolling. Plus, ni glitch with the waterfall level either where the fall goes up when you jump! 8) Sega CD version has the awesome sound though.

DragonmasterDan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by DragonmasterDan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:53 am

Jaguar CD isn't really that interesting of a platform unless you're really into homebrew games. I've had one since 1998 or so after acquiring it inexpensively on ebay. I have Vid Grid, Blue Lightning, Battle Morph, Space Ace, Dragon's Lair, Myst, the Myst demo and Iron Soldier II.

From a collectors standpoint it's neat to own since they were produced in such low quantities as well as due to the fact that it's the last ever Atari made hardware platform.
--DragonmasterDan

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:14 am

DragonmasterDan wrote:Jaguar CD isn't really that interesting of a platform unless you're really into homebrew games. I've had one since 1998 or so after acquiring it inexpensively on ebay. I have Vid Grid, Blue Lightning, Battle Morph, Space Ace, Dragon's Lair, Myst, the Myst demo and Iron Soldier II.

From a collectors standpoint it's neat to own since they were produced in such low quantities as well as due to the fact that it's the last ever Atari made hardware platform.
GORF is good and the smut game American Hero is a class act. Titties, everyone loves them, well, most guys do anyway!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:36 pm

Smutty game > killing games.

It's true.*

*May not be true.

Me and T2k came to an agreement and soon I will be the happy owneer of JagCD. Well - I'm looking forward to the homebrew stuff, and Battlesphere!

DragonmasterDan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by DragonmasterDan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:23 am

T2KFreeker wrote:
GORF is good and the smut game American Hero is a class act. Titties, everyone loves them, well, most guys do anyway!
Wasn't American Hero a demo only?
--DragonmasterDan

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:36 am

DragonmasterDan wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:
Wasn't American Hero a demo only?
Uhm, it is labeled that because it is a Beta. No more a demo than say Ice Breaker II or Powerdrift. The game was pretty much finished. I got that sucker and I have played through about half an hour of the game. Doesn't sound like a demo to me. The same with Soul Star, again, almost finished, but not a demo.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:07 am

Man, I'm late to this post, but I think you'll enjoy the Jag cd 3DOKid. The VLM is cooler than you might think, and though the library is quite small, there are some decent games, including several cool looking newer releases. Just make sure you get a memory cart to save with and a nice pro controller.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:04 am

You know what, I have noticed that Jaguar prices are WAY cheap in the UK. The game sites seem to sell them for very cheap. I need to look into obtaining Atari Karts and Attack Of The Mutant Penguins. 8)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:12 am

I want the CD add-on just for looks, yeah I know it looks like a toilet but I think it looks kinda cool.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"