3DO ZONE Forums

The Only R.E.A.L. 3DO Experience.
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:58 am 
3DO ZERO USER

Ha ok, I didn't think I really did anything to horrible, but its your guys forum and I will respect the rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:15 am 
3DO DEMI-GOD

Calavera wrote:
Speaking of topic bumping I have a question, the other day I was going to post something about Sewer Shark I did a search and found there was already a topic about it but the last post I think was from 2007. In a case like that should I post in the old topic or go ahead and start a new one?

This is one of those aspects of forums that I find curious. If you post in an old thread you are criticized for bumping a dead thread; and yet, if you start a new thread you will be hammered for not searching for old threads to post in. :roll:
BTW, I'm not talking about this forum. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:19 am 
3DO ZONE MOD

I've no problems bumping ancient threads, as long as I have something to say that warrants it. But I'd also have no problem starting a new thread, especially if it was as broad a topic as a game.

Now if it was a specific topic like "how many games use the mouse?" or "which game has best graphics?" or something like that, maybe ...

Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:37 am 
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Calavera wrote:
3DOKid wrote:
Remind me to update the list of threads that bumping will get you banned. This one instance.
Sorry about that, didn't mean any harm. Could you point me to the rule list for this forum? The only rule list I could find was the open marketplace one. Speaking of topic bumping I have a question, the other day I was going to post something about Sewer Shark I did a search and found there was already a topic about it but the last post I think was from 2007. In a case like that should I post in the old topic or go ahead and start a new one?

They mostly in my head. Ban Requests are more terms of endearment. Except for the ones aimed at Trev.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:56 pm 
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Bumping threads is ok as long as you have something to add, not "oh this thread is cool". Bumping for the sake of bumping is generally accepted if it's not on the first page AND it's something you want others to talk about.

Bumping to talk smack about Gunstar is accepted. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:03 am 
3DO ZONE MOD

3DOKid wrote:
Calavera wrote:
3DOKid wrote:
Remind me to update the list of threads that bumping will get you banned. This one instance.
Sorry about that, didn't mean any harm. Could you point me to the rule list for this forum? The only rule list I could find was the open marketplace one. Speaking of topic bumping I have a question, the other day I was going to post something about Sewer Shark I did a search and found there was already a topic about it but the last post I think was from 2007. In a case like that should I post in the old topic or go ahead and start a new one?

They mostly in my head. Ban Requests are more terms of endearment. Except for the ones aimed at Trev.

I love you too Will. :wink:

Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:38 am 
3DO ZERO USER

It's crucial to say something witty when bumping, like "arise thread", or reference "necroposting" or post a jpeg of a road sign that says "bump." You know, hilarious stuff like that so you don't look like a noob and get banned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:28 am 
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

I searched Bing's image search with "bump thread" and images of testicles came up.

W.

T.

F.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:58 pm 
3DO ZERO USER

Does Starblade support this stick??

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:01 am 
3DO ZERO USER

Apart from this recent, fresh, topical thread, I found only 1 other source ( http://www.gamepilgrimage.com/book/export/html/11005 ) that has a list of games that support the flight stick. There is 1 discrepancy:

If you drag-select the white text on white background, you magically see that that page's list matches the list in this thread's first post, with the exception of Doom appearing on that guy's page but not here.

Which is correct?

Thanks,
-Jason

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:35 am 
3DO ZERO USER

Just tried getting the FlightStick Pro to work on Doom. No dice. Manual also makes no mention of it. Therefore, I declare that the list in this thread is better than the list to which I linked in my previous post.

Thanks,
-Jason

[quote="jasonbar"]Apart from this recent, fresh, topical thread, I found only 1 other source ( http://www.gamepilgrimage.com/book/export/html/11005 ) that has a list of games that support the flight stick. There is 1 discrepancy:

If you drag-select the white text on white background, you magically see that that page's list matches the list in this thread's first post, with the exception of Doom appearing on that guy's page but not here.

Which is correct?

Thanks,
-Jason[/quote]