FlightStick Pro games

Those old stickies are chilling out here.
Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:58 am

Ha ok, I didn't think I really did anything to horrible, but its your guys forum and I will respect the rules.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:15 am

Calavera wrote:Speaking of topic bumping I have a question, the other day I was going to post something about Sewer Shark I did a search and found there was already a topic about it but the last post I think was from 2007. In a case like that should I post in the old topic or go ahead and start a new one?

This is one of those aspects of forums that I find curious. If you post in an old thread you are criticized for bumping a dead thread; and yet, if you start a new thread you will be hammered for not searching for old threads to post in. :roll:
BTW, I'm not talking about this forum. :D

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:19 am

I've no problems bumping ancient threads, as long as I have something to say that warrants it. But I'd also have no problem starting a new thread, especially if it was as broad a topic as a game.

Now if it was a specific topic like "how many games use the mouse?" or "which game has best graphics?" or something like that, maybe ...
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:37 am

Calavera wrote:
3DOKid wrote:Remind me to update the list of threads that bumping will get you banned. This one instance.
Sorry about that, didn't mean any harm. Could you point me to the rule list for this forum? The only rule list I could find was the open marketplace one. Speaking of topic bumping I have a question, the other day I was going to post something about Sewer Shark I did a search and found there was already a topic about it but the last post I think was from 2007. In a case like that should I post in the old topic or go ahead and start a new one?
They mostly in my head. Ban Requests are more terms of endearment. Except for the ones aimed at Trev.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Bumping threads is ok as long as you have something to add, not "oh this thread is cool". Bumping for the sake of bumping is generally accepted if it's not on the first page AND it's something you want others to talk about.

Bumping to talk smack about Gunstar is accepted. :wink:
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:03 am

3DOKid wrote:
Calavera wrote:
3DOKid wrote:Remind me to update the list of threads that bumping will get you banned. This one instance.
Sorry about that, didn't mean any harm. Could you point me to the rule list for this forum? The only rule list I could find was the open marketplace one. Speaking of topic bumping I have a question, the other day I was going to post something about Sewer Shark I did a search and found there was already a topic about it but the last post I think was from 2007. In a case like that should I post in the old topic or go ahead and start a new one?
They mostly in my head. Ban Requests are more terms of endearment. Except for the ones aimed at Trev.
I love you too Will. :wink:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

vestcoat
3DO ZERO USER

Post by vestcoat » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:38 am

It's crucial to say something witty when bumping, like "arise thread", or reference "necroposting" or post a jpeg of a road sign that says "bump." You know, hilarious stuff like that so you don't look like a noob and get banned.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:28 am

I searched Bing's image search with "bump thread" and images of testicles came up.

W.

T.

F.

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dave4shmups » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Does Starblade support this stick??

jasonbar
3DO ZERO USER

Re: FlightStick Pro games

Post by jasonbar » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:01 am

Apart from this recent, fresh, topical thread, I found only 1 other source ( http://www.gamepilgrimage.com/book/export/html/11005 ) that has a list of games that support the flight stick. There is 1 discrepancy:

If you drag-select the white text on white background, you magically see that that page's list matches the list in this thread's first post, with the exception of Doom appearing on that guy's page but not here.

Which is correct?

Thanks,
-Jason

jasonbar
3DO ZERO USER

Re: FlightStick Pro games

Post by jasonbar » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:35 am

Just tried getting the FlightStick Pro to work on Doom. No dice. Manual also makes no mention of it. Therefore, I declare that the list in this thread is better than the list to which I linked in my previous post.

Thanks,
-Jason

[quote="jasonbar"]Apart from this recent, fresh, topical thread, I found only 1 other source ( http://www.gamepilgrimage.com/book/export/html/11005 ) that has a list of games that support the flight stick. There is 1 discrepancy:

If you drag-select the white text on white background, you magically see that that page's list matches the list in this thread's first post, with the exception of Doom appearing on that guy's page but not here.

Which is correct?

Thanks,
-Jason[/quote]