FlightStick Pro games

Those old stickies are chilling out here.
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:28 am

The only question I have for you 3DOkid, is if you are seriously good at the game, or if your just pulling my leg and pushing my buttons? I hope you are really good at the game, I haven't had any competition for top speeds and best times...ever. I had a good friend and a nephew that where very good, but I eventually surpassed them to a point they just couldn't compete any longer. Truth be told, I hope that you have some better times than me, becuase it would at least let me know that there's still room for improvement for me; in other words, that it's actually possible for better times to be had by anyone in the game, than the times I have already. I really think I've gotten the best possible times in the game, becuase for a while now I've only been able to tie my own times and not do better. But of course I'll be giving it one more shot before I post my times. PLEASE say you're seriously good and really think you're better than me, and not just messing around for the fun of it. I actually have had a blast with the game lately, becuase I sold off my FZ-10 to buy an FZ-1, and of course lost all my best times that had been saved for years in my FZ-10, and it's been a blast actually hearing the guy stroke my ego again with his classic lines like "That's hard drivin' man, you blow me away, you just posted the best time for that course EVER...EVER!" or " you rubber burnin', paint peelin'...son of a gun...this finish line is only the start for you, and you took it ahead, way, way, way ahead!" and similiar ego stroking sayings. Not exactly word for word, but if your as good as you say you are, I'm sure you've heard them all before too. What's been keeping going lately, with teh FZ-1 also, is that I don't recall all my old best times exactly, so I'm hoping I haven't quite gotten back to them and so I can still post better times to have saved to memory.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:11 am

Nephew? Pffft... I can tell you're nervous. My sig says it all. :)

But I was posting world beating NFS times on the web in '94 ;)

I squandered my second year at University to shave a 100th of a second off of my time.

You know - on the city stage? during that long straight at the start? There is a small decline and the Lamborghini will touch 203Mph...

C'mon ;) Let's see the times son! Start putting your money where your mouth is ;)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Oh Shit, he called you "SON"! Oh damn! :shock:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:04 pm

Uhh...yeah...SON?!? Just how old are YOU? I'm 39...lad. Don't talk down to me BOY. You'll be huddling in the closet weaping and stroking your collection of Hotwheels when I'm done with you. Oh, and I have a 203MPH Lamborgini top speed too! Top speeds are the EASY part of this game, thrashing segment&course times is what seperates the men (me) from the boys (you). Nervous? Hardly, I was just trying to tone things down becuase you guys started talking about me and my "ego" and shit. You're going down in flames! And suggesting what I did about actually wanting to see some times that are better than mine was on the up and up, not becuase I was nervous. I really would like to know that it's actually possible to do better with the game than I've already done! You poor misguided soul...I pity you.

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:05 am

I think it is safe to say that I am the worst NFS player on here. I can't imagine playing this with a flightstick. Now my Road Rash skills are a different story...

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:58 am

Dengar13 wrote:I think it is safe to say that I am the worst NFS player on here. I can't imagine playing this with a flightstick. Now my Road Rash skills are a different story...
Yeah, Road Rash is for people who actually like a sense of speed in their racing games...

:twisted:

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:05 am

Mobius wrote:
Dengar13 wrote:I think it is safe to say that I am the worst NFS player on here. I can't imagine playing this with a flightstick. Now my Road Rash skills are a different story...
Yeah, Road Rash is for people who actually like a sense of speed in their racing games...

:twisted:
That just shows you suck at NFS, becuase if your good, you can get going fast enough that there is a good sense of speed, not to mention that there is a way, using the second controller, to remove the car dash/cockpit so it just shows the open screen, and this improves the frame rate by about 5 frames per second, a significant increase.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:20 am

3DOKid wrote:Nephew? Pffft... I can tell you're nervous. My sig says it all. :)

But I was posting world beating NFS times on the web in '94 ;)

I squandered my second year at University to shave a 100th of a second off of my time.

You know - on the city stage? during that long straight at the start? There is a small decline and the Lamborghini will touch 203Mph...

C'mon ;) Let's see the times son! Start putting your money where your mouth is ;)
Because I mention my nephew I'm acting nervous? Now your just shoveling the BS, my nephew happens to be 22 years old.

I don't give a crap what you were posting in '94, it doesn't prove you've got the best times or are the best.

Tops speeds don't mean shit, I can get a killer top speed on that straight away too, same as you. handling the curves and cars is what's important for best times. All my best course times are done with the Ferrari, which is about 10-12mph slower than the Lamborgini.

I'll be posting all the pics soon (assuming I can figure out this whole photobucket thing, I've never used it before) , otherwise, what I'm going to do is start the topic offsite, at Atariage's classic game system forum, since pics can easily be posted directly to the sight there. So you'll have to join there if I can't get pics posted here...I'll start a new thread for it, but here's what will be there: pics of all three courses showing the best time for the entire course, and top speed for the course, then, pics for all nine segments of the three courses showing best times and top speeds for each segment. That way everything is accounted for, and if we want, we can even add up the best times for each segment, into a composite course time, which may be even better than the overall best course time, because as you know, sometimes it's hard to do your best on all three segments at the same time. What I have to show, unfortunately, is only my best times and top speeds for this year, since I got a a different 3DO now, so all my classic best times and speeds are lost forever, and I do believe a few were better than what I have now, but that's life, so I have to stand on what I've done lately, even if it's compared to your best times of all time. I want the thread open to all, in case others think they can take us on too. Obviously the cock fight is between 3DOkid and Gunstar, since I started it, and he answered the challenge, but maybe neither of us is the best... :shock:
I'll be posting the pics sometime over the weekend, and I'll mention when I have them up and where in this thread. I already played through all the courses (has to be done to actually see segment times and speeds), and took pictures of the best times screens, but I need time to figure out this photobucket site, and I'm also going ahead and trying ove the next couple days to improve upon my current times and speeds, I suggest you do the same 3DOkid, but of course any times and speeds from today or 13 years ago are valid, if you have them in memory and can take a picture of the screen showing them.
Last edited by Gunstar on Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:24 am

ok you two

PUT UP OR SHUT UP :twisted: :P :lol:
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:30 am

Lemmi wrote:ok you two

PUT UP OR SHUT UP :twisted: :P :lol:
I edited the above post, you might have missed it; I'll be putting up this weekend, and shutting up now. 3DOkid can do what he wants; put up now, or wait until mine are up. It won't change anything due to whomever puts up first, since we are only as good as we are, seeing the other persons times and speeds first won't change that. If one of us doesn't show pics, the other wins by default (in case one of us sees the other's times first and realizes they are the loser, and don't want to post pics, so they come up with some lame excuse for not posting pics)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:00 am

"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:03 am

hahahaha nice emote 3DO Experience

when you upload a pic to photobucket, and you see your pic there should be 4 lines of links you can use underneath it
use the [IMG] code link to post a pic in the thread like i did (copy and paste)

hope that helps alittle :)

here is what the first 8 pics look like on my account
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/ ... ketpic.jpg
i usually post a link when the pic is to big, since im always at 1024x768 reso :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:55 pm

I thought I had set a NFS record. The course was flying by me at ridiculous speeds, and the race seemed to be over in the blink of an eye. I was all excited ...

until I realized I was playing the PSX port! :wink:

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:14 pm

Trev wrote:I thought I had set a NFS record. The course was flying by me at ridiculous speeds, and the race seemed to be over in the blink of an eye. I was all excited ...

Oh damn, that was horrid dude, just horrid!

You two though, let's see those speeds and records damnit! I don't have all year, lets go, chop, chop! :shock:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:34 pm

39? Jeez sorry for the 'son' comment ;)

...But you know, can only drive the bus (with a cheat) in NFS, you can't use a pass on it. LOL ;)

I'll have to use an NTSC unit - I wouldn't want anyone accusing me of taking advantage of the 17% slowdown in PAL ;)

I'll get my times up on here during the weekend.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:43 am

Trev wrote:I thought I had set a NFS record. The course was flying by me at ridiculous speeds, and the race seemed to be over in the blink of an eye. I was all excited ...

The PSX port is only *slightly* faster, and has the downside of not nearly as good of car physics and handling. Then there are the *opinion* differences like the fact that the trash/worship talking guy is gone, which personally I like having, so that's a another minus in my book for the PSX&Saturn versions. Then there's the 3DO's interpolation for a much sharper image that's gone on the other versions. The plus for the other versions are the extra race tracks, but since the physics and car handling aren't nearly as good and the guy missing, the extra tracks aren't worth the loss in my opinion. The problem was that they were PORTS, and not done by the original development team, Pioneer productions, so the loss of the original dev. team really hurt. For me, the 3DO version just plain knocks the socks off all other versions, including the PC. It was the original and the best. And even the PSX's slightly faster fram-rate isn't much of a difference if you turn off the dashboard/cockpit in the 3DO's version, which increases the fram-rate. I tried the other versions and over all they pale to the 3DO version.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:58 am

3DOKid wrote:39? Jeez sorry for the 'son' comment ;)

...But you know, can only drive the bus (with a cheat) in NFS, you can't use a pass on it. LOL ;)

I'll have to use an NTSC unit - I wouldn't want anyone accusing me of taking advantage of the 17% slowdown in PAL ;)

I'll get my times up on here during the weekend.
Hmm...not sure that a 17% slowdown is an advantage; sure everything moves slower, so you have more time to react, but then, isn't that neutralized by the 17% less responsivness of the cars controls? But just to be on the safe side, yeah, use the NTSC model.

Ground rules:
Obviously, NO CHEATS, which means not codes for crashing cars out of your way, no turbo boost code for a 20%-30% speed and power increase, and no time/speed records set in the hidden/cheat "practice mode" where there are no cars to avoid, and obviously no combination of any of the above. The only code fair game to use is the "turn off dashboard" code, if you want, which only increases the frame-rate, which you may even consider a hinderance since everything is coming at you much faster, but then the car is more responsive too. You can use digital pad or analog stick, it's up to you. Obviously these ground rules have to be on an honor system since I'm not sure if there's a way to tell if a cheat was used or not. So if any of your records were made using any cheats, well, I don't know, but if it was done using a cheat, just please be honest and erase those records and start over. There's no sense in requiring only new records with dates posted though, as people could still cheat on current records, so it HAS to be left to the HONOR SYSTEM. I think no matter how old the record is, it should be allowed, sometimes you just can't beat or tie yourself, and if you did it, you did it. PRO level ONLY, especially if you say your the best in the world, then you shouldn't have any trouble proving it on PRO level! Otherwise you are just a POSER with DELUSIONS OF GRANDUER. This is true if any cheats were used too.
And though not all the cheats can be known to have been used, obviously the turbo boost cheat can, as the cars true tops speeds are clearly posted in the car spec screens, so if your speed record is higher than the cars natural speed, it would be obvious. (the one exception being Lamborgini on the 1st City segment where it is possible, at that dip 3DOkid talked of, lets you get the car up to 203.x).

I'll repost these ground rules in the official "Worlds best NFS challenge" thread when I make it and post my pics. (unless someone else starts it before me, then they can please cut and paste the ground rules).
Oh, and my LATEST records that I've been making just for this challenge, I have used my handle of GUNSTAR in capitals, so you guys know what was already done, and what I just did.
Last edited by Gunstar on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:15 am

Damn you guys. I actually had this idea today "hmm... wouldn't it be great if the fellas over at the 3DO Zone forum get together for a competition on who could get the best times at NFS?"

Grr...
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:20 am

UnholyTancred wrote:Damn you guys. I actually had this idea today "hmm... wouldn't it be great if the fellas over at the 3DO Zone forum get together for a competition on who could get the best times at NFS?"

Grr...
I'm starting to get the feeling this is going to be a VERY short competition, as everyone else discovers that they can't compete with me...I may even have to allow medium difficulty entries with automatic shift, but then, I doubt they can compete even then, as any true racer knows, an automatic will never do as well as manual shift, it's just too slow... :roll:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:05 pm

stop. please. I'm crying here. Your too much ;)

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:10 am

3DOKid wrote:stop. please. I'm crying here. Your too much ;)
yeah, yeah, I'll stop. Take all the time you want mate. But, look at the official NFS competition thread please, there's a valid point I bring up there that has great importance to all of this...

3DÖ
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DÖ » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:48 am

Just thought i'd mention that according to the vgrebirth database Foes of Ali also supports this stick -> http://tinyurl.com/38qakqv

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:51 am

hmmmmmm my manual says nothing of the sort but if no one else checks by the time this weekend is over I'll hook everything up and check.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:52 pm

I totally forgot. I tested this out, sure enough, it doesn't work.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Ha Ha gunstar talked a lot of shit about NFS and then never even posted his times. Thats hilarious. :lol:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Oh no, the worst thread bump ever! :wink:

Do you know Gunstar from other forums I take it?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Remind me to update the list of threads that bumping will get you banned. This one instance.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:41 am

3DOKid wrote:Remind me to update the list of threads that bumping will get you banned. This one instance.
Sorry about that, didn't mean any harm. Could you point me to the rule list for this forum? The only rule list I could find was the open marketplace one. Speaking of topic bumping I have a question, the other day I was going to post something about Sewer Shark I did a search and found there was already a topic about it but the last post I think was from 2007. In a case like that should I post in the old topic or go ahead and start a new one?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:57 am

the bans around here are only theoretical for the most part and are thrown around like jokes. No worries. It was a joke. At least I assume... :) Trev has been "banned" like must be about 20 times now.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:34 am

My record for ban requests will never be matched! 8)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5