Killing Time - Differences between Retail and 2.7 Beta

Those old stickies are chilling out here.
awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:23 am

I've blitz run through the entire east wing, and upstairs of the mansion, and have found a few strange things here and there.

I'll list everything at once when I go through the entire game, but so far still nothing substantial like new levels / enemies...just some different elements and missing features, as opposed to things cut from the final version.

the frame rate can get downright terrible in spots though, maybe into the single digits

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:08 am

Any Information on what was done differnetly to get it signed and working?

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:32 am

So I've played through the entire alpha except the attic (beating the game) and so far there are some interesting things, but unfortunately still nothing added / missing, or anything really substantial

unless the attic is totally different, the entire game map is there, along with all the enemies

Plus, at least in the alpha compared to the beta, the entire hedge maze is playable without the major bugs I encountered in my previous comparison.

I'll put up all the info I have, plus photos, tomorrow afternoon sometime

thanks again bitrate..and yeah, I'd also like to hear how you managed to sign it

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:23 pm

played through it already! You are a king at this game!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Well since the alpha doesn't have any keys to collect, and all the doors just open, it makes it alot quicker

Here is my advice for a power run through

Explore outer maze before mansion entrance

Enter mansion

Go to west wing, explore in its entirity, head into kitchen, down to wine cellars, through sewers, and back up to the entrance maze

Re-enter mansion, head to the east wing, explore all that, head into the gangster libraries, hit up the hidden entrance to the hedgemaze, finish that, back out to maze before mansion entrance

back into mansion, head to 2nd floor, head right for the hidden level (Mikes Guard No More / Bonus Blast)...complete, head back to 2nd floor main hall

Go east in the 2nd floor, explore all the upper area levels, then head to tess' bedroom.

From there (which I haven't done yet) beat the game in the attic.

Playing the game this way basically gives you two large loops to run (west wing to game beginning via sewers, then east wing to game beginning via hedge maze) which will complete like 80% of the game. After that, just head upstairs and finish up the last 20%

but yeah...i've played this damn game way too many times so haha