3DO Soundtracks

Those old stickies are chilling out here.
3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:13 am

Yeah I just needed the interest. It isn't going to sounds all that pretty but I'll see about fixing the intro and end music.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

80S_kid
3DO ZERO USER

RIP Wing Command: heart of the tiger!

Post by 80S_kid » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:26 am

I dont know how you do it; rip the sound tracks... but I WOULD LOVE TO have the WC4 Sound Track. The Ending theme, is something along the lines of the Star Wars Theme to me. I would spend 50 bucks a week, rending 3DO, and WC4 just for the theme music. My 3DO (Panasonic, with the click lid) died about 3 years ago, and I sold off my games for 40 bucks, 25 of them.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:56 am

Um, did you mean Wing Commander 3? :? Cuz Wing Commander 4 (I assume that is what you meant byWC4), though in production, never made it to 3DO.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

80S_kid
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 80S_kid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Trev wrote:Um, did you mean Wing Commander 3? :? Cuz Wing Commander 4 (I assume that is what you meant byWC4), though in production, never made it to 3DO.

oh my bad, yea I mean WC3 :lol:

again I love the end theme.... pretty much the whole game sound track is epic.

Rincewind
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rincewind » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:06 pm

I tried to rip the music from Pataank with ZStreamreader. It sees the music, but it just doesn't work for me...

There are some games like Offworld Interceptor, and Ballz where you can just open the files as is, since sometimes the AIF format is not compressed and goldwave opens it well.

I converted the Lemmings soundtrack, but there are two tracks that unfortunately just have errors and so there is a half a sec gap... Oh well.

Also the music to Street Fighter II Turbo is easy too, and I can easily open the files as is with Goldwave and convert.

The cool think about most of the music if not all, is the sample rate is always 44.1, and converting to FLAC is a breeze.

Rust
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Mm... Would anyone be cheesed off if I posted a Youtube channel I discovered recently which features a massive array of VGOSTs, including some 3D0 titles?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:37 pm

Rust wrote:Mm... Would anyone be cheesed off if I posted a Youtube channel I discovered recently which features a massive array of VGOSTs, including some 3D0 titles?
No, I don't think so. :)

No, I've thought about, that's not on either the official list of no-no's or indeed the unofficial one in my head. :)

Rincewind
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rincewind » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:24 am

I'm only cheesed off because I can't properly convert one of the tracks on Lemmings.
Sapient Pearwood?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:33 am

I need to take care of that Quarantine one....

80S_kid
3DO ZERO USER

I am lazy

Post by 80S_kid » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:18 am

Could someone just rip the WC3 heart of the tiger sound track for me? I cant be the only one out there, that would love to get this sound track? Aside from using windows xp64 seems nothing runs on it, and I'll be GD'ed if I am going to install vista or 7.

Rust
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rust » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:53 am

3DO Experience wrote:I need to take care of that Quarantine one....
Not necessarily. The Youtube channel in question actually has it already.

Uh... well... it was there. Honest. There seems to be a bunch of stuff missing now. Still YT seems to have quite a bit of 3D0 soundtrack and video available. Here's the Quarantine opening, at least: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut6IIVBwFow

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:55 am

Well the quality from the game is bad enough, I shudder to think what it sounds like after converting to FLV.

Crap, I had found a way to pull the audio off the video but after I lost that drive all I had were the old files. Now I can't figure out what I did!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:51 pm

I've been hoping to use my "miracle method" for getting the video out of Quarantine. That is, I'm so tired that my head is bobbing up and down and then it comes to me what to do. It hasn't worked for the soundtrack but it has worked in figuring out how to boot burned GameCube games on a unmodded system and finding long lost homebrews that I thought I'd never see again.

So so should I up what I have, wait until I've tried what I can to bring life to that old hard drive, or no bother posting it at all?

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Post it--why not?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:05 am

Ok I just tore apart the external drive and tried to get the data off it. Nothing, it's d-e-a-d. So I should be putting up the sadder version of the soundtrack soon.

detonator
3DO ZERO USER

Post by detonator » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Hey, I'm new here, great site. I was wondering if there was anyway to record tracks from Crash n Burn? There's this really cool techno track from it that've been looking for. I'm guessing the only way is recording using audio cables to a sound card, unless there's a way to find and convert them from the CD files. Could anyone do this? I don't have a copy of the game.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:58 am

Ooh, I'm glad I found this thread. Is there someone with the hook-up for a gob of these soundtracks? Megaupload, of course, is dead.

As a software engineer in my daily life, I work best with a constant feed of non-distracting instrumental music. Video game music works great!

I don't have a lot of 3DO music for sure, so I'm no critic. I have to recommend the Alone in the Dark 2 music, though. It's not too hard to find, either. I only have Star Control 2 and Killing Time music otherwise. I'm definitely looking forward to the Star Fighter tracks if I can get my grubby hands on em.

detonator
3DO ZERO USER

Post by detonator » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:18 pm

You're in luck. I have a CD of StarFighter and will rip the tracks to high quality MP3 using LAME or maybe even OGG.

detonator
3DO ZERO USER

Post by detonator » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Here they are.

The Saturn version of Star Fighter uses the exact same CD quality music as the 3DO version that is readible via Audio players, that's the CD I'm using here. The same track listing and everything, no difference to the 3DO music.

I just encoded them, taken straight off the CD.

Star Fighter Soundtrack.zip

01 - Obie 1-Thirty
02 - Death By Stereo
03 - Planet Ma
04 - The Predator
05 - Head Up
06 - FreeFall
07 - Floating
08 - Higher

MP3 320kbps, Stereo. Encoded using the latest LAME.

Anybody tried Crash n Burn? I'd love to get ahold of that soundtrack after searching everywhere on the 'net, it's nowhere to be found :(.

elitegamer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by elitegamer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:39 pm

Not really my bag ladies and gents, but I am interested in a Canon Fodder soundtrack. I know how to capture the main trk I'm interested in, which is the song that plays when u first put the game in. But I've read that u guys are ripping trkz via PC or what have u, which seems to be the best way to do for quality and all. Can some share the link or provide the technique as I have no problem doing it myself.

Also I came across the Comic Zone: Road Kill soundtrack originally released by Sega. Again not my thing, pick it up cheap so I'm willing to trade it for a ling box, manual, disc whatever. I would also upload it, but I dint know the procedure :cry: The disc is n great shape and has a jewel with front and back graphics, but is marred by the owners personal handwriting. Just an offer pm me if your interested.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:37 pm

detonator wrote:You're in luck. I have a CD of StarFighter and will rip the tracks to high quality MP3 using LAME or maybe even OGG.
Woohoo! Thanks. Listening to it now.

I uh... I uh... I uh... I've been to the Planet Ma.

cellothejello
SPAMMER

Total Eclipse!

Post by cellothejello » Wed May 09, 2012 8:14 am

The link for the Total Eclipse soundtrack is dead. Anyone have a copy and willing to upload it for me?

thundar39
3DO ZERO USER

Post by thundar39 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:09 am

Hi 3DO Experience! I really want to burn a copy of your great soundtracks of KILLING TIME,, but,, the links here that you have provided here will not work. What should I do?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 pm

There is a new version in the works. When it's finished there will be a new link.

thundar39
3DO ZERO USER

Post by thundar39 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Thanks 3DO Experience! I'm really looking forward to it :) Wish I had the Nintendo edition to are seeking. Perhaps periodically checking Craigslist and Ebay may help you find it. Ohhh,, and BTW,, when you upload the new Killing Time soundtrack,, can it be burned to a CD?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Yes.

reanimationxp
3DO ZERO USER

Post by reanimationxp » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:01 am

I'd also like to get the native Total Eclipse soundtrack but the link's dead. Joined just for this :) Could you re-upload? Thanks!

reanimationxp
3DO ZERO USER

Post by reanimationxp » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:02 am

Also does anyone have the soundtrack for Shadow Warrior?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:28 pm

reanimationxp wrote:I'd also like to get the native Total Eclipse soundtrack but the link's dead. Joined just for this :) Could you re-upload? Thanks!
Well people keep joining just to ask me for soundtracks (generally via PM) so since this is a very wanted OST and one I am happy to have, it is the first title in the new 3DOverture.

PS. Sorry I busted the link before, it's fixed now.

thundar39
3DO ZERO USER

Killing Time soundtrack,,,

Post by thundar39 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Hello everyone,, I have been searching for this great soundtrack for such a long time,, and then I found this great forum site, but the link here to it doesn't work :( Soooo, I continued my long search yet again and found a site that has 34 tracks that sound like good quality MP3's. I thought I would post it here for all the fans who are desperate like I was for this awesome soundtrack. The web page is http://killing-time.ru/ To save the MP3's,, highlight a track then right click and choose "save target" :) How I found this site,, was by simply going to wikipedia and viewing the Killing Time 3DO page. Can you believe it? That easy,, geeeshhh. At the bottom of that page is an area titled "External Links". Under that heading will be a choice of "Killing time - Music and ambient sounds from the game". Click on it,, and your'e there! I think it contains most of the tracks with the exception of the very beginning intro that describes the games plot. To replace this track, I used a Utube video of it and converted it to MP3. Well,, enjoy it everyone,, I sure am. :wink: