Non-3DO and Mixed Collections

Now open to all! Make your own collection page!!!
mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Non-3DO and Mixed Collections

Post by mattyg » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:03 am

A Sampling of my boxed consoles!

I will be organising a photo of my 3DO stuff later this week

L - R Amiga CD32 , Mega CD II , Neo Geo CD , Goldstar 3DO , Virtual Boy , Jag 64 , PC Engine , Gamecube and Lynx!
In the background eagle eyes may spot a Wii , CD-i 220 , Sanyo 3DO and my media server This is my upstairs TV and is a 32 inch Philips plasma/lcd hybrid
[img][img]http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75 ... 3do006.jpg[/img][/img][/url]
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:13 am

How do you like the CD32? Ive been looking at them, but the software itself seems hard to track don (other than ebay, which I hate)

When my Jaguar shows up this week, Ill post some photos of my setup

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:42 am

heh i dont think you want me to post 38 pics so just look at them here :D

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1184258/1682505

some items have been sold and these pics have been on villagephotos since late 2003
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:25 pm

How is the CD32? I've been wanting it for a while but the only times I ever encounter it are those $100 buy it nows on eBay from that shady dude from Shanghai. Don't know if it's trustworthy or worth it.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:24 am

To put it bluntly the CD32 is an underrated machine. It was the first console I purchased since the 2600! I shared a house with a guy who was a "Sega Master" and was paid per call on their helpline - so I had no need to buy a SNES or Megadrive as I always seemed to be living with someone who did! A girlfriend introduced me to the CD32 and the moment I saw Microcosm running my jaw dropped. I always liked Amiga games but couldn't justify buying a full 1200 set up for gaming. The CD32 was the answer to that! There were some awesome point and click games (Simon the Sorcerer , Darkseed , Beneath a Steel Sky ), some decent Shmups - (Super Stardust , Chaos Engine , Alien Breed) , and sims such as Gunship 2000.
So yeah its worth it - there is a distincly european art look to the games which seem to have a character all of their own even if you've seen it all before.
As for purchasing one - well according to the forums beware of the Chinese ones - They are either illegal copies or the remains of the Phillipines stockpile - either way you are better off paying a premium for one privately.I got stung though after purchasing one in "fair condition" that had some serious corrosion issues and a controller with dodgy connections (common but fiddly to fix - you'll need a soldering iron).
They do tend to be reliable but because the major releases were in the UK , Germany , Australia etc be aware that most have 230-240V power supplies and are PAL out of the box.This can be changed to NTSC with an Amiga mouse in the start up BIOS.
As for the software - it is difficult at times to find and overpriced - you are much better waiting for Joblot sells on evilbay or via the guys on the Forums - I am happy to help out too!
My boxed one is a rarely used UK model - I continue to use the dodgy one with a new controller - I never complained to ebay though because it was a good price and it came with some decent software.

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:58 pm

CD32 software is tough to track down! I'm still looking for a decent source. I'd like to find out whatever became of 'Centsible Software' They used to have a decent selection of all amiga goods. Bought out? Merged? Closed shop?

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:03 pm

If the shady CD32s being sold from Chinese sellers are leftovers from the Philippines stock... that wouldn't necessarily be bad. All their BIY claim it's an NTSC console.

It'd be easier getting that to run than a PAL console... I think.

Well I don't have any extra cash at the moment anyway, but I'll be cruising ebay once in a while to see if any legit CD32s are up.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

<3

-Vladimir Lenin

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Steady tiger.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:06 am

Here are the consoles currently connected to my TV (just about all of 'em).

I'll continue to update this post with further pictures of my video game collection... if I ever stop being lazy :P

And also I suggest it would be best for 3DOKid not to look at these pics. I saw how he chastised Bitrate for not vacuuming his carpet. I can only imagine his response to the mess that is my small room ;)

-Vladimir Lenin

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:02 am

Its nice to have everything hooked up ready to play!
Nice ...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:02 pm

If I'm truthful, I'm hardly in a safe position to comment :)

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:41 pm

thats a giant cord jungle mess! If my dog got anywhere near that, I think he might accidentally strangle himself.

I will post photos of my setup after easter. My gf is loving enough to let me have 10 consoles hooked up to the television in our living room.

Now thats love haha

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Hahaha.

Wire management has never been my specialty.

My Jaguar isn't hooked up and neither is my PS1. I'm not even sure if the Jag is still working. I plugged it in a few months back and it decided to smell like burning chips. Shoved it in the closet haven't touched it since.

My 360 is hooked up to my PC monitor so it's not there.

All those consoles are hooked up via A/V but I have to do some minor unplugging/replugging for the AC especially with that ginormous Genesis/32x/CD combo.
-Vladimir Lenin

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:25 pm

I want a 32X too.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:56 pm

I got bored. Time for some "somebody buy Bry a camera" pictures.

First up is my DS games.

Next up some GBA games, e-reader, some e-reader cards, and a gba and DS. (camera might not tell you that upper left is castlevania double pack) (bad camera!!!)

Here is some of the smb3 e-reader cards. These are level cards that unlock some different levels to play.

These cards show a demo of how to do a special trick.

These cards give you items in your item storage.

These cards act like switches turning a special feature on or off. One of them makes enemies turn into coins when you use a fire attack on them. The other one is quite interesting. It makes vegetables appear like in smb2(us) and you can pick them up and throw them at enemies. strange.

Now time for some gamecube games.

and last of the batch of crummy pictures. :)

Someone buy me a camera! :)

PowerPie5000
3DO ZERO USER

Post by PowerPie5000 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:56 pm

I would like to post some pics of my stuff but some of it is all boxed away due to lack of space! I have quite a bit and will probably start selling some of it sooner or later (do not PM me on this just yet!)

Ok here we go:

Amiga 500 1mb (oooohhh :lol: )
Amiga 1200 with 030 magnum accelerator with 32mb RAM and 3.2gb HDD

Sega Megadrive original UK launch console (the one with superior sound)
Jap Sega Megadrive modded with 50/60hz switch and language/region mod switch.
Sega MegaCD 2 with extension for my MK1 Megadrive :)
Sega Saturn UK launch release MK1 with all in one action replay cart
Victor Saturn Jap import
Sega Dreamcast original UK launch release that plays backups

NES - UK PAL
Super NES - UK PAL
Nintendo DS

Sony PS1 original UK launch release - audiophile version
Sony PS1 with mod chip and also ps1 hacker cartridge (fits in port on the back)
Sony PS2 original black "fat" version
Sony PS2 rare limited edition Aqua Blue version (europe only release)
Sony PSP limited FF7 Crisis Core Edition

Neo Geo CD Jap import modded with region/language switch
Neo Geo AES pal (i *might* eventually give this both 50/60hz and region switch mods)

Xbox 360 Pro got the new Jasper chipset release! Still prefer my PC though.

Creative 3DO Blaster - ok this is not technically a console but i dug up my old Olivetti 486 PC from the loft earlier today to check if i still had it all for someone in this forum!
And of course my Goldstar 3DO system rev 2 :

I may have missed a couple of systems out but will not now until i clear out the loft and cupboards etc... and of course i have so many games for all these systems!!

I also have a few PC systems which include my current Core 2 Quad gaming rig, my Dell work PC and a few oldies stored away in the loft!

I might post some pics when i can be bothered unboxing most of it and possibly setting it all up! then i have tyo create a photo bucket account just to upload pics to this site... what a load of hassle :lol:

grand_barbare
3DO ZERO USER

Post by grand_barbare » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:30 pm

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Last edited by grand_barbare on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.

grand_barbare
3DO ZERO USER

Post by grand_barbare » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:31 pm

***reserved for next pictures*** :D

mitchsnell
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mitchsnell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:41 am

Hi mattyg..
I had watched your image its look like that you have great video games collection..
I especially like Neo Geo CD , Goldstar 3DO , Virtual Boy..
Thanks for awesome info...

grand_barbare
3DO ZERO USER

Post by grand_barbare » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:46 pm

edit: NEC HUCARDS & SUPER NINTENDO games

grand_barbare
3DO ZERO USER

Post by grand_barbare » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:15 am

edit : others MEGADRIVE french cartmods PAL :)

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 am

This is my updated pic of my current boxed consoles! pictured are some of the larger boxed accessories as well - enjoy!

[img][img]http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75 ... 09/020.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75 ... 09/021.jpg[/img][/img]

left to right - Atari 2600 , Colecovision , Intellivision , Atari 2600jr , NES , SNES , Killer Instinct controller pack , Master System II , Lynx II , Lynx II carry bag , Mega Drive II , Amiga CD32 , Neo Geo CD , Game Gear , Core Grafx Turbo , Mega CD II , FZ-10 , Goldstar 3DO ,Pana joystick , FZ-1 , Virtual Boy , Jaguar , Jaguar CD , N64 , N64 Pokemon edition , PC-FX , Saturn , Saturn wheel and Gamecube.

this does not include my loose stuff which includes a Wii , CD-i , Sanyo 3do , Platstation 1 , DS ,DS lite , Gameboy , Vectrex , Dreamcast plus others!

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:19 pm

tell that ghost to stop standing on your chair. heh.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:47 am

Good to see your boxes are in good shape. I had a little disaster happen in one of my rooms and a few boxes that had nothing but boxes in them got wet. I had to toss out so many moldy boxes I wanted to cry. Almost every 3DO long box was ruined and a good chunk of console boxes. Luckily my Nintendo cart boxes were up high enough to survive unharmed.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:23 pm

nice boxed collection mattyg, i dont even have an original atari 2600/colecovision boxed, ive always wanted one but when i was collecting they were going for way more than i was willing to pay or the boxes were torn up or taped to shit

a guy on atariage (breakpack) i think.
was living with someone in the basement and with all the rain they had he lost 95% of his collection he only had time to move a few things up to the attic and the 2nd floor(main floor) and the water came in so fast that it took out the 2nd floor of the house as well
i think he only saved his modern stuff like the xbox 360 and ps3

someone said they opened a dam to keep the dam from breaking, luckily everyone was ok in the neighborhood

i had a flood here in may just after i broke my heel but i didnt lose anything this time around because i had put everything up on blocks with wood after the last flood so everything was up off the floor, also totes help alot since the flood didnt get above 4 inches in the deepest part of the basement
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

AlexSan der Move

Post by AlexSan der Move » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:30 am

Hi to ALL YOU!!! :) I'm a big 3DO-fan from Ukraine, but i see's this topic and my iyes bigining to RUN - first in a laft and 2-nd in a right!!!!! It's INCREDIBLE!!!! :shock: :) ( my english is no very good and sory me for this:) )

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:39 am

Welcome to the club Alex, it seems that you really do enjoy the 3DO as much as we do! Matty, damn fine collection you got there, everyone really. I should take pics of mine sometime soon.

grand_barbare
3DO ZERO USER

Post by grand_barbare » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:28 pm

3DO:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

NEC:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

VIDEOPAC:
Image Image

VIRTUAL BOY:
Image Image

SEGA SATURN:
Image Image Image

MULTIMEGA, NOMAD, MEGA CD:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

DREAMCAST:
Image Image Image Image Image

PHILIPS CD-I:
Image Image Image

NEO GEO AES:

MEGADRIVE:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

SUPER NINTENDO:

NINTENDO NES:
Image Image Image

AMIGA CD32:

MASTER SYSTEM:
Image Image

SEGA 32X:
Image Image

NINTENDO WII:
Image Image

SONY PSP:
ImageImage

XBOX:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

XBOX 360:
Image Image Image

NINTENDO 64:
Image Image Image

PLAYSTATION 1:

PLAYSTATION 2:

PLAYSTATION 3:
Image Image

NINTENDO DS:
Image Image

NINTENDO GAMECUBE:
Image Image Image

GAMEGEAR:
Image Image

GAME BOY, MICRO, GBA:
Image Image Image Image

NEO GEO POCKET COLOR:
Image Image

JEUX ÉLECTRONIQUES:
Image Image

OST JEUX VIDEO:
Image Image

ARCADE:
TAITO EGRET 3:
ImageImage ---> système 3000 jeux

ImageImage---> slot MVS

ImageImage---> megadrive JAMMA

CAPCOM MINI CUTE:
Image---> système 3000 jeux
Image---> megadrive JAMMA
Last edited by grand_barbare on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:47 am, edited 12 times in total.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Can you tell me about the MVS Muticarts?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"