T2KFreeker's meager 3DO collection.

Now open to all! Make your own collection page!!!
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

T2KFreeker's meager 3DO collection.

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue May 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Well, I figured it was about time to put up or shut up. My meager collection of 3DO things, including the system, controllers and 51 games total. I guess it isn't too shabby as 24 of the games actually still have their longboxes and a couple of them are the flimsy ones from Interplay, so go figure. I guess I need to break down and snag some more stuff. I have Star control II at least though! Well, that and the Way of the Warrior Demo disc, which as everyone already knows actually has the full game on it. LOL However, after just looking through these photos, I just realized that my copy of Foes of Ali is missing! That makes me really mad...

Oh, also, my Road Rash is the double disc edition that comes with the soundtrack sampler CD. I'm starting to think that may indeed be the more common version of the game though.

This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: T2KFreeker's meager 3DO collection.

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue May 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Nice Freeker. That is an impressive collection.

Don't have any longboxes myself, being in the UK, but I did import the Super SFIIT one, just because the box art was so awesome.

Oddly, ROTRobots and Doom were released here as long boxes though.

I have around the same number of titles tbh, but PAL CD case releases. Easier on the shelf space too :mrgreen:

-

p.s. what's this about WOTW demo re: being a full game!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue May 13, 2014 10:42 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Nice Freeker. That is an impressive collection.

Don't have any longboxes myself, being in the UK, but I did import the Super SFIIT one, just because the box art was so awesome.

Oddly, ROTRobots and Doom were released here as long boxes though.

I have around the same number of titles tbh, but PAL CD case releases. Easier on the shelf space too :mrgreen:

-

p.s. what's this about WOTW demo re: being a full game!
They were used to Demo the system, and came in a binder. I can't remember how many of the 3DO's games were like this, but there was a nice handful. I just happened to get my hands on the Way of the Warrior disc from that binder set. It's just a cool conversation piece. I guess if you don't know what you have, it is what it is. It came in a LOT I bought and I was quite surprised by it. And yes, it is the full game on the disc. Only difference I can tell is the disc has the "Demo" mark on it with Not For Resale.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed May 14, 2014 5:52 am

Longboxes are impressive
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed May 14, 2014 6:57 pm

a31chris wrote:Longboxes are impressive
Yeah, they are pretty cool. It's one of the things that caught my attention back in the day with the 3DO. It reminded me somewhat of the old boxes that CD's originally came in. They do look very cool though. Only irritant is the amount of space that they take up. I never tho0ught there wo0uld be cases bigger than the Sega CD/Saturn ones, but here they are. Only system I can think of that may take up more space would be the Neo Geo, although in different size dimensions.

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Thu May 22, 2014 1:57 am

Not being familiar with 3DO, are you being funny when you use the word "meager?" Fifty-one games seems about average for my game collections I consider complete, or as close to it as I feel I'm ever going to get. Looks cool to me. 8)
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri May 23, 2014 9:45 pm

3DO is a great system to collect for as between 300 and 400 games in total isn't an insane amount to have. However, counting prototypes , bizarre releases and having relaxed licensing at the time , no one is still sure of the exact amount which makes finding and researching its titles somewhat exciting.
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun May 25, 2014 9:26 pm

MegaData wrote:Not being familiar with 3DO, are you being funny when you use the word "meager?" Fifty-one games seems about average for my game collections I consider complete, or as close to it as I feel I'm ever going to get. Looks cool to me. 8)
It's meager compared to what I used to have back in the day. There was a point in time where I had almost all of the released US games complete in Long Boxes, so compared, yeah, it's meager. :P

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Thu May 29, 2014 6:31 am

Than the CD case version of Japan, I prefer the form of a long box of the United States! :D
However, a Japanese house is very small.
It is difficult to ensure the storage space.lol
Because I make a note using translation software, I think that it becomes a poor English sentence.
I'm sorry.

If there is rude expression, please point it out.
Thanking you in advance.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:55 pm

FUJISAN wrote:Than the CD case version of Japan, I prefer the form of a long box of the United States! :D
However, a Japanese house is very small.
It is difficult to ensure the storage space.lol
Yeah, well my Apartment isn't exactly huge either. It's why everything looks so cluttered in here. Thanx' for the comment though. Yes, I do like the Long Boxes rather well myself.

FZ-10
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FZ-10 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:32 am

If your collection is meager, mine is pathetic lol.
podcast & vidcast @ gaikokugamers.com
daytonausa @ atariage.com
lostworldarcade @ xbl

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:15 pm

FZ-10 wrote:If your collection is meager, mine is pathetic lol.
No, no, no! You are just starting out though man. This is like the third time I am rebuilding my 3DO collection though. Hopefully my last too because I just don't want to have to do it again. As it is, games like Doctor Hauzer are going to be stupid hard to get again, sadly.
My disdain for top scratches and whatnot. I used to have 99% of my games complete because I bought them new. Nowadays, not so much, sadly.