Digital Video Card swap

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Digital Video Card swap

Post by OfManNotMachine » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:06 am

So I've seen how pricey the Digital Video Card is for the FZ-1. Usually well over $300

I came across a Digital Video Card for the FZ-10, and picked it up for $65.

I have both the FZ-1 and the FZ-10, but I prefer the FZ-1, and am currently doing the RGB + 240p mod to my FZ-1.

So I was thinking...Can the two models of digital video card be that different if even at all other than the size of the case the holds the board?
I'm assuming the expansion port of the FZ-1 and FZ-10 are identical. If that is indeed the case, I wonder if you could pull take apart the the case for the FZ-10 Digital Video Card, perhaps 3D Print a case for it, so that it fits in the FZ-1

Obviously in the end, it's not really that important. I only got the thing because for some reason as a kid I always wanted one of these, and saw it for sale and said "DAMNIT I MUST OWN YOU!!" But wouldn't mind checking stuff out on it from time to time, Snagged the Star Wars Trilogy on VCD to test it out and figured since I am gonna have better image quality on my FZ-1 anyways, I wonder if it's possible to do something like this.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Happy New Year to you all!

Virtual Audio QSound
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Digital Video Card swap

Post by Virtual Audio QSound » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:54 am

I just had someone do RGB + 240p on my 3DO. It was quite a mod!

I'm no tech guy so I have no idea if swapping the DVC from FZ-10 to FZ-1 would work.
~Panasonic 3DO R.E.A.L. Interactive Multiplayer~

Aw yeah. 3DO is the real deal.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Digital Video Card swap

Post by OfManNotMachine » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:27 am

Well, I can 100% confirm this DOES NOT WORK lol

The console just keeps resetting itself