FZ-1 Problem! Shall I keep it or send it back?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

rayzapea
3DO ZERO USER

FZ-1 Problem! Shall I keep it or send it back?

Post by rayzapea » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Hello!

I've just bought a Panasonic 3DO FZ-1 with 9 games from E-bay for £85 inc. P&P, but have got ripped off it doesn't read any games or CD's at all, so something's obviously died inside before the bloke sold it! Anyway, what would really help me out is to know if I should send it back and hopefully get a refund, or keep it for the games and get another system.

The games are: Foes Of Ali, Return Fire, Burned Soldier, Slayer, Star Wars Rebel Assault, Theme Park, Megarace, Shockwave 2, Blade Force and a Demo disk that came with the system.

Are they worth £85?

Thanks for your time!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Touch and go I'd say.

If you were super patient you probably get all those game for about £50 - if you went on there and just 'buy it now' the lot, it would probably bust the £80 mark.

Although if I was you i would try and get my money back. I mean - it's broken right? Did you pay via paypal?

rayzapea
3DO ZERO USER

Post by rayzapea » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply

Yeah I paid via Pay Pal does that cover me for anything? I've just re-read the page I bought it from, and it says that ''the seller doesn't accept returns'' or words to that effect. I'm a fool for missing that in the first place, I've never used e-bay before!

I'll try and get in fixed somewhere, or get another one cheaper somehow. I don't wanna send it back, and waste more money only to have it back in my hands again, or no refund and nothing at all, you know?

All the best!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:14 am

Contact eBay and PayPal if I was you. If you're in Britain you might be protected by statutory rights. Which basically means that a seller can say what they want, but they must obey the law - and you can't sell broken stuff.

Definitely send an email to ebay.co.uk and paypal.com see what they say.

I was selling some wheel centres once, and because the buyer didn't read the word "White" and indeed look at the pictures, Paypal forced me, as a seller to refund the customer. Seriously. It's worth checking out. He thought they were silver, and that was the end of it.... definitely check. Typically ebay and paypal protect the buyer not the seller.

rayzapea
3DO ZERO USER

Post by rayzapea » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks for the advice, 3DOkid!

I got in touch with the seller last night, and he's ageed to refund my money.

The problem is, I gave it one more shot and gave the 3DO a boot earlier, literally a good kick, and it's working lovely now! LOL So it looks like I'll be keeping it after all!

It would've been a lot of hassle posting it back to him, as I don't drive, so it would of meant carrying it a couple of miles by foot to the post office!

Thanks for the help! Take Care!

darci663
3DO ZERO USER

return

Post by darci663 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Yes! Return it and get another on ebay! The games you received are pretty common. Try getting and FZ 10. No door motor to break and they are newer so it may have more life in it. Good luck!!!!!