Happiest 3Do memory?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:43 am

I see CircuitCity has gone under - this to my eyes is a travesty.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:24 pm

I used to live at funcoland. heh. Well almost. I used to walk up there alot and hang out there. I would frequently buy NES games so they wouldnt kick me out. Then it seemed like new management came through and they would kick people out and the employees were mean. I guess they didn't have much choice though. Parents were just dropping their young kids off there for hours at a time.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Circuit City is still open in Canada, I got the word they were going down a year and a half ago. A co-worker's brother was high up and when he told his boss he was going to leave his boss said it's ok because he was too.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:22 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Circuit City is still open in Canada, I got the word they were going down a year and a half ago. A co-worker's brother was high up and when he told his boss he was going to leave his boss said it's ok because he was too.
it's good to have management support when making decisions. :shock:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Another fond memory I have was going to one of those "die-hard game shops" (I think that was the name) and buying close to $300 worth of 3DO games at ten bucks a pop. Got some raritys (Woody Woodpecker) and some crap (Plumbers) The clerk looked annoyed ringing out my large purchase :? You think she'd like a nice sale for the floundering store (now out of business) I miss the shop, despite the poor service. Nothing else could touch the sheer variety.