The old girl still has life in her?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

The old girl still has life in her?

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:28 am

So, the 3DO is still an awesome as Hell system, and I know I have been away for a bit, been sick as a dog, but where are the new games? I know that it has been said that the encryption was cracked and I ask, where is the proof? The documentation of this? Again, I am interrested in trying my hand at getting a game in the works, but I need this info, anyone?
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:32 am

The problem with development for 3DO is few people know how design for it, and fewer people can get the encryption done because the person who cracked the code doesn't seem to have shared how it's done.

Supposedly, OLDER GAMES though had the ICEBREAKER 2 beta encoded. I even sent them a beta to have it done as well. But little has been heard from them lately, and their site was last updated 2005. They sold quite a bit of their games & hardware on ebay, and my emails for the past year have gone un-returned, so it goes to wonder what has happened.

So far, my half joke proposed idea of using the seemingly ultra-alterable SHADOW: WAR OF SUCCESSION engine to make a homemade game is the closest I've heard to "full game" work being thought of.

I would love to see a new game, or even an EMU playing on the 3DO, but so far the closest thing to "new" releases are trickling out of South East Asia (Firewall & such). Sounds like time to hit up the 'markets' of Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok, or dive deep into some of their game shops that deal into the older titles. (Wonderswan & Saturn fans should visit the MARIO store in the Central Pinklao. :) Amazing assortment of stuff, some thats rarer than an uncooked steak in the US & UK.. and dirt cheap!)

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:26 pm

I got an an email from OLDERGAMES in Dec saying that they were starting to work on selling Icebreaker 2 the begining of this year. It's almost March now and I havent heard/seen anything else.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:22 pm

Hmm, this is saddening news indeed. Isn't freedo the guys that supposedly cracked the encryption? Also, Fire Wall is a new game? When did that release exactly?

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:51 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Hmm, this is saddening news indeed. Isn't freedo the guys that supposedly cracked the encryption? Also, Fire Wall is a new game? When did that release exactly?
i dont think firewall is new, atleast not after 2001 thats when a guy i knew got an original copy in the long box

i used to have pics of it but the HD crash of 2003 killed them
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:39 pm

Firewall is nowhere near new. It's from 1995...
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: The old girl still has life in her?

Post by Devin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:32 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Where are the new games?
I have 2 3DO development systems sitting in a room gathering dust!

Probably absolete, however I would like to get at the information stored on the hard disk. I'll have to post a public statement on the board to get help doing this. Ideally I want to do it myself. Some suggestions included an external hard disk adaptor so that I can access the information through a PC. Have my doubts however, ideally I'd like to look at the information in the native development environment. More information to follow.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:47 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Also, Fire Wall is a new game? When did that release exactly?
Actually, if you read my statement I had quote marks around the word new. heh. Firewall is pretty much new outside southeast Asia, but by no means a new game. There are supposedly a few more by LG & a couple other companies out there. When I got to Thailand again this year, I will dig around there to be sure.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:18 am

Devin wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Where are the new games?
I have 2 3DO development systems sitting in a room gathering dust!

Probably absolete, however I would like to get at the information stored on the hard disk. I'll have to post a public statement on the board to get help doing this. Ideally I want to do it myself. Some suggestions included an external hard disk adaptor so that I can access the information through a PC. Have my doubts however, ideally I'd like to look at the information in the native development environment. More information to follow.
Pop then suckers open and see what's there man, We should all come together and get something running for the system Seriosuly, ity is about time to make some new 3DO stuff. Need guys that know what they are doing in the programming field man.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:50 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Pop then suckers open and see what's there man.
I've tried! Two old Mac systems but haven't found a compatible monitor, or maybe the video connection is blown. I just don't know! I'll get all the details in a thread over the weekend some time. I'd love to find some pretty pictures on these systems and maybe the odd 3D model. Apparently they were used for 3DO development back in the day through a UK games company who produced two unreleased 3DO games!

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:18 am

Devin wrote:
I've tried! Two old Mac systems but haven't found a compatible monitor, or maybe the video connection is blown. I just don't know! I'll get all the details in a thread over the weekend some time. I'd love to find some pretty pictures on these systems and maybe the odd 3D model. Apparently they were used for 3DO development back in the day through a UK games company who produced two unreleased 3DO games!
Have you tried one of these?

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:33 am

Yes I tried one of those but no joy!

So I went out and found an original Mac monitor and that still didn't show anything when the system was booted. I'll post a full description of the systems with details, hopefully on sunday if I can spare the time. Then maybe some bright spark can figure out how to work/fix them.