What 3DO game has the best music?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

What 3DO game has the best music?

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:13 am

Yeah, you heard me right, the best music. We always talk about graphics and all, and even though these are important things to consider when looking at games, the controls are important, but nothing can bring a game to a grinding halt faster than terrible music! Truthfully speaking, I have to go with Return Fire! Mind you, some people may disagree with me, but damn, the music in that game so get's you pumped for it. Imagine the game without that score. The game would just be funk at that point. It would be fun, but nowhere as awesome as it is, to be truthful. Road Rash sits there as well, and I have to love the remastered music for Super Street Fighter II Turbo as well. Nice indeed.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:39 pm

I agree, both Return Fire & SFII have great tunes!

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the musical tracks in Guardian War (Powers Kingdom). I think they really add nicely to the game, and are among the best on 3DO. :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Lost Eden by a country mile. It was similiar to the music in Dune. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:03 pm

I've got to agree with 3DOKid here. I just recently fired up Lost Eden and I found the music to be a welcome respite from the soft/heavy metal thrashings I take from so many 3DO titles. Not that those metal tunes are necessarily bad or don't fit in with their respective titles, but Lost Eden has great music that nicely compliments the mood of the game as well.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm

I've got to agree with 3DOKid here. I just recently fired up Lost Eden and I found the music to be a welcome respite from the soft/heavy metal thrashings I take from so many 3DO titles.
True, very many 3DO games have that similar heavy metal style music. Lost Eden is certainly unique music wise. Good tunes!

I forgot to mention Rise of the Robots. The game is weak, but the music tracks (both the regualar ones, & especially the limited ones from Brian May) are real good.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:49 pm

It has been so long since I heard Lost Eden I couldn't tell you what is going on there audio wise from the game to be honest.

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:47 am

Another vote for Return Fire, here. Not only is it good music on its own, but it really fits and adds to the game (which is a problem with a lot of games that feature licensed musc).

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:20 am

Mobius wrote:Another vote for Return Fire, here. Not only is it good music on its own, but it really fits and adds to the game (which is a problem with a lot of games that feature licensed musc).
It's awesome as the game starts even with the blaring insttruments and the words "Return Fire" burning accross the screen! Really gives you a feel as to what is going on here with the game! :P

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:05 am

Well, I'd have to vote RETURN FIRE & KILLING TIME. Return Fire harkens back to the classic war films, and Killing Time keeps a good mood for much of the game.... though TIME TRAPPED ISLE should have been done differently.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:48 am

Waking up this post!

Quarantine, Immercenary and Road Rash have great music too!

pav82
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pav82 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:24 am

No doubt! Killing time has the best music in all over 3do games.
Other champions:
of course it's Escape from Monster Monor, Frightening music like Killing time music in the some location.
How about Star Fighter? yeah great music, too.
Battle Sport
Casper has only one track, but so good that it's not noisy for whole game.
I wish greatly Panasonic would make 3do Next Generation Console some day.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:44 pm

My votes are road rash, star control 2, street fighter 2, and guardian war. Anyone else notice that the 3do is still the best sounding system on a 5.1 sound system? By that I mean its really takes advantage of positional audio.

zenkov

Post by zenkov » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:16 am

Road Rash, Return Fire, Alone in the Dark 2
Last edited by zenkov on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:31 am

need for speed has some great tracks,return fire that as said before adds to the game a lot...and captain quazar loony :P

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:14 pm

oh god. I feel the need to dig out the Warp Rap song. You may begin trembling with anticipation.

:)

3DO Kid.

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:33 pm

Had to dust this thread off.....

Road Rash
Doom
Guardian War

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:58 pm

Quarantine
Star Control 2
Super Street Fighter 2

The 3do is the best sounding system I've ever hooked up to my 5.1 setup. It actually uses the rear channels that other systems seem to not even utilize even when surround is specified. Shockwave has the best surround sound I've ever heard in a game.

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wulfren » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:08 am

Well IMO even tho some of the games for the 3DO were kind of weak, I have to say there are ALOT of games that have really good sound tracks..

(i can't think of the main game i liked as i had to sell it, but it has a very soft music..if i ever remember i'll let ya know lol)

But as of what I can think of now, I would have to put them in this list

1. Way of the Warrior (having a full unedited White Zombie album on a GAME was just outstanding for me..& while i'm not a great big fan of WZ the music seemed to fit perfectly with the game & mood

2.Quarantine Again not that i'm totally gaga over the music, it meshed perfectly with the mood of the game and theme

3. Return Fire again the music tempo and style seemed to be perfect for the game (and addictive & fun as well)

Being perfectly honest, What I consider what the "best" is, goes on 2 factors...one as i stated above, the music has to fit the game..but 2. and possibly more importantly, to me the best music from the game is the music you remember, the stuff you find playing through your head at any given time playing the game or not..
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~

acem77
3DO ZERO USER

Post by acem77 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:20 pm

i like these remixes a lot
doom
wolfenstein
super street fighter 2 turbo

great use of licensed music
return fire
way of the warrior

best original
3do burning soldier
death keep
fifa

CrimsonGlory
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CrimsonGlory » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:28 pm

I love that super cheesy guitar rock that busts out on Burning Soldier when your flying through the valleys (toward the beginning of the game)

Its proper hair metal style :)
It makes me play air guitar and my girlfriend is like all over me.
"Didn' mean ta burst ya bubble"

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:05 am

Hey, I keep forgetting that Wing Commander III had some awesome Theatrical Movie style music. Oh, and there were two bad games for the 3DO that sounded great; Rise Of The Robots and also Johnny Bazookatone. Both of those games suck but the music was awesome.

benny32
3DO ZERO USER

Post by benny32 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:32 pm

If you like techno Digital Dreamware is good. Which it should be, since the software is a digital music software lol.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:52 pm

If you like techno Digital Dreamware is good. Which it should be, since the software is a digital music software lol.
If you like Digital Dreamware , there were 3 similar titles released for the cd-i, all by the same team.