3DO Samplers

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

3DO Samplers

Post by bitrate » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:57 am

I've been going through some of my 3DO sampler disks and came across "The 3DO Multi Game Sampler Number 3" pictured below.

It has French and German text and appears to be their equivalent to "The 3DO Interactive Sampler CD #3" released in the US.

My question is, does anyone have, or has anyone seen a number 1 or 2 or possibly 4 for this non-US sampler disk? I have a few copies of number 3 and have seen a couple of auctions which included a number 3, but I don't ever recall having seen a #1, 2, or 4 before.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:37 am

1st time I've ever seen this (my usual response when you post pics) :lol:

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:31 am

Does the disc have the same exact data on it bit for bit? Would be weird to put localisation on the packaging and still call it 3 with no 1,2, or 4 in sight. I cant remember how that demo disc looks in game but if it also titles it self in the menu as #3 I guess why change it on the packaging. If it's localised in game too well then thats just weird.

Madroms

Post by Madroms » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:10 pm

I also have this one, but no other numbers from the series.

But I noted on my list that I have 3DO Interactive Sampler 2 as EUR and not USA. Maybe a typo ?

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:55 am

BryWI wrote:Does the disc have the same exact data on it bit for bit? Would be weird to put localisation on the packaging and still call it 3 with no 1,2, or 4 in sight. I cant remember how that demo disc looks in game but if it also titles it self in the menu as #3 I guess why change it on the packaging. If it's localised in game too well then thats just weird.

I will try to check this tomorrow and report back. I know for sure that there are differences between the very common pack-in (blue colored) Panasonic Sampler CD from region to region, so I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to expect differences here as well.

Madroms wrote:But I noted on my list that I have 3DO Interactive Sampler 2 as EUR and not USA. Maybe a typo ?

Yes, that's a typo. The Interactive Samplers are US items. In the picture below you can see I have some still factory sealed with US chain price stickers.

Here's a layout of samplers and mag disks. I probably should have dug out my Japanese demo's for this pic but oh well.

Here are two interesting disks:

They appear to be early/demo versions of the Interactive Sampler #3 disk pictured below them here:

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:16 pm

bitrate wrote:......Here are two interesting disks:

Every cd which comes with the white 'DEMO DISC NOT FOR RESALE' logo are from the demo disc binder!

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:05 pm

pitsunami wrote: Every cd which comes with the white 'DEMO DISC NOT FOR RESALE' logo are from the demo disc binder!

Actually, there are a couple of disks with that logo which did not come in one of the demo binders. Gex and Return Fire have versions with the "Demo Disk Not For Resale" logo on both the disk and jewel case.

Then there are also the other versions of Gex and Return Fire that are like Twisted and Crash N Burn with just the "Not For Resale" labels and silkscreens.