3D Adventures (seen on Panasonic Sampler CD)

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

3D Adventures (seen on Panasonic Sampler CD)

Post by OfManNotMachine » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Here's one I haven't seen any conversation about....

On the Panasonic Sampler CD that came bundled with my 3DO system. You could go into this little room, and it would show you different screen shots of soon to be released 3DO games. I remember seeing those pics for the Star Trek: TNG game, man i looked sweet.

Anyways...

There we're screen shots for a game called 3D Adventures. There was also screen shots for another game called 3D Football.

Both showed they we're being published by Acclaim. Did any of you ever see these? If so, did anything ever become of them? Or did they just completely vanish? The 3D Adventures game looked pretty sweet. Always wondered what happened to that game.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:29 am

Don't suppose any chance of some screenshots/video for the Star Trek game?

The kid had some cool concept artwork for that game so it'd be nice to see what they had in motion.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:10 am

Hey man,

In this link below, there's footage from a bunch of various Star Trek games that we're comin out in the mid 90's. It has a little bit of footage of the 3DO Star Trek game. It's all I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqX_xDqNmOY

It's towards the end of the video.
Just watched it again myself. A real shame this didn't develop further. You can tell by the footage that it's very early on in development, but it looks to me like it was gonna be a very ambitious title, at least graphicly. Shame it never saw a release. Would've been intresting for sure.

CRV
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CRV » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:29 am

According to Melf at Sega-16, Michael Knox, co-founder of Park Place Productions, passed away last week from cancer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeIilKTf0OI
At about 1:16, there's footage of what appears to be 3D Football. Unfortunately, the colors on the video are all warped. IIRC, those 3D games on the Sampler CD were being done through Spirit of Discovery, which at the time was a label of Park Place, but I'd have to check the Sampler CD again.