Alone in the dark

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Alone in the dark

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm a big fan of this game, and love it to bits. Often I wished they had updated the 3DO version instead of just porting the PC version.

Well, the other day I got hold of the PS1 version of Alone in the Dark 2. And, having looked at the textures, I'm so glad they didn't. It has some of the most horrifying textures I have ever seen. The faces for the regular characters (i.e. none zombies) is just horrifying.

I'll find a screen shot to show what I mean.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:16 pm

Just saw you did an updated review of this game on your blog ....

I'd love to see comparison pics. Would be cool if someone had the pc and Saturn versions too.

Silanda
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silanda » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:25 am

Played AITD 2 on the Saturn and the 3DO. The 3DO version isn't a great port, but IMHO the Saturn version is worse. Admittedly I haven't played the 3DO version for a long time, but I'm pretty sure the Saturn version has worse music (really poor old school midi sounding) and still chugs quite badly. Combined with dodgy textures = not a pretty sight.

jesus 666
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Alone in the dark

Post by jesus 666 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:14 am

3DOKid wrote:I'm a big fan of this game, and love it to bits. Often I wished they had updated the 3DO version instead of just porting the PC version.
I'm fairly certain they updated the sound with better quality, added music and voice acting though, or was that on the PC version too, I can't remember anymore LOL

But no graphics improvements, though to be fair the game chugged a bit with the graphics it did have :)
Juffo-Wup is the hot light in the darkness

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 pm

I always felt the 3DO version was very true to the PC version. Almost identical as I recall. I know I always felt sad that they didn't put the rotating armadillo in the 3DO version.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:35 am

3DO Experience wrote:I always felt the 3DO version was very true to the PC version. Almost identical as I recall. I know I always felt sad that they didn't put the rotating armadillo in the 3DO version.
It's there. Right at the start.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:01 am

HAHA I just looked... it's the PC version that is missing the 3D armadillo! :lol:

So that means the 3DO version was updated, at least with a logo anyway!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"