Dedicated collection picture thread/subforum?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Post Reply
User avatar
bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:35 am

Dedicated collection picture thread/subforum?

Post by bitrate » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:54 am

Any interest in creating a subforum or at least a sticky'd thread for posting pictures of people's 3do items and/or collections?
I know that there is a thread for rare 3do items, but it tends to get burried and it might be nice to have a thread anchored to the top dedicated to pictures of people's collections.
I hesitate to bring up the notion of a subforum as last time it was brought up concerning the M2 it was summarily decided a bad idea... but you never know :wink:

User avatar
Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Mich

Post by Lemmi » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:34 am

i dont know about a thread for everyones full sized pic's
it could take awhile to load if there is alot and i hate when i have to scroll to the right to read peoples comments, my onboard vid card doesnt support a high resolution and i like it at 1024x768

maybe a subforum with a persons name as Bitrate's 3DO Collection
just to keep everyones collection separate so it doesnt get cluttered
just a thought

but i do have links to photobucket or villagephotos with my entire collection that i could post, or i might just put it in my signature

but i would like to see other peoples collections

in fact here is my entire videogame collection :) let me know what ya think (if you havent already seen it)
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... id=1682505
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

User avatar
Mobius
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 625
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Mobius » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:47 am

Lemmi wrote:in fact here is my entire videogame collection :) let me know what ya think (if you havent already seen it)
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... id=1682505
I have just one question... Why BMX XXX?

User avatar
bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:35 am

Post by bitrate » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:55 am

Lemmi wrote:i dont know about a thread for everyones full sized pic's
it could take awhile to load if there is alot and i hate when i have to scroll to the right to read peoples comments, my onboard vid card doesnt support a high resolution and i like it at 1024x768

maybe a subforum with a persons name as Bitrate's 3DO Collection
just to keep everyones collection separate so it doesnt get cluttered
just a thought
Don't get me wrong, I agree that a subforum would be best for this type of posting as well.
It's just that the last time the idea of creating a subforum was tossed around the general consensus was that it would be a bad idea on the basis of forum cleanliness and readability.

User avatar
Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Mich

Post by Lemmi » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:05 am

Mobius wrote:
Lemmi wrote:in fact here is my entire videogame collection :) let me know what ya think (if you havent already seen it)
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... id=1682505
I have just one question... Why BMX XXX?
because i like games with naked people in it :)

thats why i have the Guy Game also ;)

@ bitrate i was just throwing out ideas as i have no idea how or what they can do with this forum software, some of the forums on atariage arent a problem like the ones in the atari 2600 forum with 2 subforums inside the main 2600 forum, or just add another forum at the bottom under the 3DO Interactive Multiplayer Blog, just ideas here
it really doesnt mattter to me because i think most of the people here have seen all the goodies ive got already they just arent in one place :D
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

User avatar
bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:35 am

Post by bitrate » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:23 am

Lemmi wrote:because i like games with naked people in it :)

thats why i have the Guy Game also :wink:
HA!



Yep. I think it would be great if at some point we could have a subforum where people start a thread like "John Doe's Collection" and then that person could edit his first post whenever he/she obtains new items.
I realize that there are only 25 registered users at the moment, and that not everyone has a massive 3DO library, but there are people that have hard to find items that they may at some point in time like to share images of. If so, it would be nice to have a section devoted to Collections.

I know that I very much enjoy looking at people's collections. I've probably looked at Lemmi's collection about 25 times :wink:

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Dedicated collection picture thread/subforum?

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:43 am

bitrate wrote:Any interest in creating a subforum or at least a sticky'd thread for posting pictures of people's 3do items and/or collections?
I know that there is a thread for rare 3do items, but it tends to get burried and it might be nice to have a thread anchored to the top dedicated to pictures of people's collections.
I hesitate to bring up the notion of a subforum as last time it was brought up concerning the M2 it was summarily decided a bad idea... but you never know :wink:
I like this idea. A virtual museum. There must be an elegant way of doing this. Thumb nails are the answer, like what Lemmi has done, I'll ask the CDi guys!

I do think it would be kind of cool. Especially for hardware. Two or Three pictures of, for example, my spangly soon to arrive arcade stick for people to have a look at. I think that would be kind of popular.

Alternatively we can create an Uber 3DO blog. Where we are all admins, and people put up items, as and when they feel the need, they can add a few pearls of wisdom, if you they it's appropriate and a few pictures. A bit like my blog, but less review, more informational, and open to everyone to add an entry.

And it can grow gradually. A sort of Organic 3DO museum? What do people think?

I already have a blog here or I can simply create another blog parallel to mine - it wouldn't even show up as related to mine although it would have the url something like, 3domuseum.blog.co.uk and it's easy enough to give people accounts.

I'm excited.

Lemmi - ever time I see your collection I have an urge to scoop your insides out and wear your skin. Nothing personal you understand.

3DO Kid.

User avatar
Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Mich

Re: Dedicated collection picture thread/subforum?

Post by Lemmi » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:13 am

3DOKid wrote: Lemmi - ever time I see your collection I have an urge to scoop your insides out and wear your skin. Nothing personal you understand.

3DO Kid.
im glad your on the other side of the ocean or it might be time to move :shock: :D :P

or you have been watching to much Texas Chainsaw Massacre :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

User avatar
Mobius
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 625
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Dedicated collection picture thread/subforum?

Post by Mobius » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:23 am

3DOKid wrote: Alternatively we can create an Uber 3DO blog. Where we are all admins, and people put up items, as and when they feel the need, they can add a few pearls of wisdom, if you they it's appropriate and a few pictures. A bit like my blog, but less review, more informational, and open to everyone to add an entry.

And it can grow gradually. A sort of Organic 3DO museum? What do people think?
I've been tossing around an idea like this since I joined here, but instead of a blog, my idea was a wiki. It'd be somewhere that we could document everything we know about the 3DO -- game lists, hardware lists, pictures, etc.

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Dedicated collection picture thread/subforum?

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:44 am

Mobius wrote:
3DOKid wrote: Alternatively we can create an Uber 3DO blog. Where we are all admins, and people put up items, as and when they feel the need, they can add a few pearls of wisdom, if you they it's appropriate and a few pictures. A bit like my blog, but less review, more informational, and open to everyone to add an entry.

And it can grow gradually. A sort of Organic 3DO museum? What do people think?
I've been tossing around an idea like this since I joined here, but instead of a blog, my idea was a wiki. It'd be somewhere that we could document everything we know about the 3DO -- game lists, hardware lists, pictures, etc.
Wiki? This is new to me. Sounds good. Are there any links to some good ones? So I can have a looksee. :D

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Dedicated collection picture thread/subforum?

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:47 am

Lemmi wrote:
3DOKid wrote: Lemmi - ever time I see your collection I have an urge to scoop your insides out and wear your skin. Nothing personal you understand.

3DO Kid.
im glad your on the other side of the ocean or it might be time to move :shock: :D :P

or you have been watching to much Texas Chainsaw Massacre :)
:wink:

Funnily enough I saw the prequel to TCM over the weekend. Guess I better go back to just watching endless repeats of the Sound of Music.

User avatar
Dryden
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:54 pm

Re: Dedicated collection picture thread/subforum?

Post by Dryden » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:37 pm

Mobius wrote:
3DOKid wrote: Alternatively we can create an Uber 3DO blog. Where we are all admins, and people put up items, as and when they feel the need, they can add a few pearls of wisdom, if you they it's appropriate and a few pictures. A bit like my blog, but less review, more informational, and open to everyone to add an entry.

And it can grow gradually. A sort of Organic 3DO museum? What do people think?
I've been tossing around an idea like this since I joined here, but instead of a blog, my idea was a wiki. It'd be somewhere that we could document everything we know about the 3DO -- game lists, hardware lists, pictures, etc.
I think a wiki would be more administration headaches than its worth if you're targeting something so narrow as the 3DO. There is really no reason why this phpBB2 board can't handle that aspect.

I think it is also somewhat redundant since Alzarius is still actively maintaining his 3DO Today site. He's still collecting too -- heck, I was outbid on two Demo Disc Binders by him last month.

I dunno. I guess I'm saying ... aim higher. If 10 of us collectively worked on a wiki to fully document the 3DO, we'd have the content done in two weeks while we sit around and wait for Lemmi to take good, hi-res pictures of all his stuff. :wink:

User avatar
Bas
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by Bas » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:51 pm

It's great to see there's actually high potential with you guys to go for stuff like this! Like with the M2 sticky thread, you should open a "dedicated topics" forum with stuff like that. High profile topics like a Virtual Museum (excellent title), the M2, prototypes, reviews....

Or we should remove the hosted site forums (not used anyway ;)) and replace them with a couple of sub-forums you can suggest.

User avatar
Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Devin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:32 pm

Never done a wiki before. Could kick one off I guess as long as someone else can run the show.

Great idea BTW.

Post Reply