I need help from the collectors

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T.A.P.
3DO ZERO USER

I need help from the collectors

Post by T.A.P. » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:29 am

I'm trying to collect 3DO games (just ones I'm interested in), but I only want to own complete copies of games. I've noticed that US 3DO games come in a variety of ways.

Some have giant cardboard snap cases (similar to early DVDs), while some have cardboard boxes with a standard jewel case inside. Of those using the standard jewel case, I've noticed some will have no insert (either on the front or back of the jewel case), while others will have one or the other, while others will have both, and in some cases some include an oversized instruction manual in addition/instead of the other things mentioned. This is driving me crazy in my attempt to collect complete copies of games. Can you collectors help me out?

Here's what I have so far, and what they came with. Can you tell me if these are complete?

Bust-A-Move: Cardboard Box, Instruction Fold-out on the front of the jewel case, and an insert for the back/spine of the Jewel Case.

Crash 'N Burn: Cardboard Box and an Oversized Instruction Manual. The Jewel case for the CD is empty; nothing on the Front, and nothing on the back/spine.

Out of This World: Cardboard Box, Oversized Instruction Manual, Front and Back/Spine Inserts for the Jewel Case.

Return Fire - Maps o' Death: Cardboard Box, Instruction Fold-out on the front of the Jewel Case, and in insert for the back/spine of the Jewel Case.

Road Rash: Cardboard Snap-Case and Manual.

Shockwave: Cardboard Snap-Case and Manual.

Slam 'N Jam 95: Cardboard Box and Jewel case sized Manual. The Jewel case has nothing on the back/spine.

The Need For Speed: Cardboard Snap-Case and Manual.

Trip'D: Cardboard Box, Instruction Fold-out on the front of the Jewel Case, and in insert for the back/spine of the Jewel Case.

Twisted: Cardboard Snap-Case and Manual.

I've got a chance to get a copy of Panzer General. Can anyone tell me about that game, or any others for that matter? Anyone know where I can find the information?
Last edited by T.A.P. on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 am

ShockWave

ShockWave 2

Slam 'N' Jam

T.A.P.
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T.A.P. » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:49 am

Thanks a bunch for the pictures. Does Slam 'N Jam have an insert for the back/spine? I can't tell in the picture.

T.A.P.
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T.A.P. » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Can anyone help me with the rest?

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Re: I need help from the collectors

Post by Lemmi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:52 am

T.A.P. wrote: Crash 'N Burn: Cardboard Box and an Oversized Instruction Manual. The Jewel case for the CD is empty; nothing on the Front, and nothing on the back/spine.
Road Rash: Cardboard Snap-Case and Manual.
Slam 'N Jam 95: Cardboard Box and Oversized Manual. The Jewel case for the CD is empty; nothing on the Front, and nothing on the back/spine.
all seem to be complete, if you dont mind the missing warranty card or other various sheets of paper promoting stuff
here are some things that are different from the copies i have and a 2 version note for road rash but yours is complete

Slam 'N Jam 95: complete, but my copy has a small jewel case manual, and no back cover also

Crash 'N Burn: not sure, i may have never seen a large manual for this game, but mine has the cardboard box with small manual and back/spine insert

Road Rash: 2 versions - Cardboard Snap-Case and Manual. --- the 2nd version comes with Cardboard Snap-Case with a double CD holder and manual, the 2nd holder is for the music CD
[/b]
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

T.A.P.
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T.A.P. » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:56 am

Thanks for the input Lemmi.

Upon closer inspection, I've discovered that my copy of Slam 'N Jam does have a jewel case sized manual. The previous owner apparently decided to take it out of the case and put it in the cardboard box instead.

Crash 'N Burn however, does have an oversized manual. Anyone have any ideas?

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:16 am

Check out THIS post I made and updated a short time ago about Crash 'N Burn. I didn't describe all of the contents of the boxes though as I was mostly outlining the different release options.

T.A.P.
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T.A.P. » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:38 am

Thanks for the help bitrate. The one I have is the one in row #5 (Red Longbox with oversized manual).

Did that version have anything in the jewel case (either on the front, or the back/spine)?