help 3do not working!

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

extra_anchovy
3DO ZERO USER

help 3do not working!

Post by extra_anchovy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:46 am

possibly

I just got my 3do plugged it in etc and loaded (or tried to) the only game I have road rash. after about 20 seconds or so it just spits out the CD while at a black screen. is my unit faulty? can it be fixed?

well I'm on my way to a store to buy another game and see if that works. I'm just praying that it's just the road rash disc. although I find that difficult to beleive since I have played the game on a 3do emulator on my PC via that same disc.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:04 am

Which model ? Could be anything from a dirty lens to dead spindle - if it's a Sanyo or Goldstar it could also be a pinched ribbon cable
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

totaku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by totaku » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:23 pm

Or a dead laserhead. Anyway there are ways to make it workable again)) So which model do you have?
3DO community Russia.

3DO Planet!

extra_anchovy
3DO ZERO USER

Post by extra_anchovy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:03 am

sorry i didn't reply. I made that post in a haste and realised I couldn't really do anything except for ask for a refund and get another system - which I did.

but to answer the question it's an FZ-1 model, I've still got it so any help on how to fix would still be appreciated.

but I am very happy to have a working system now Goldstar FZ-10. was great to be able to finally play 3DO again since 10 years ago! can't wait to get all the top games and maybe even some rare ones (after I learn which ones they are)

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Was it a backup cd? Thats very typical for bad burns