Did you keep supporting 3DO company after the console died?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

GeneStealer
3DO ZERO USER

Did you keep supporting 3DO company after the console died?

Post by GeneStealer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:07 am

What I mean is.. How many of you continued to buy 3DO's other games that they put out on different consoles? I for one loved BATTLETANX on my N64... :D I never really did get into the ARMY MEN series that much though. Anybody have a complete list of games made for other systems by the 3DO company :?:

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:46 am

None of there newer releases really caught my attention. When the 3DO died, I pretty much did too.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:52 am

No question, the quality of Studio 3DO's games dipped once they no longer had the multiplayer to support. Less polish, innovation, what have you.

I do know that, for one, their baseball games were very highly regarded ... but I never played them as I'm not a huge sim guy for that sport.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 am

They were DEAD TO ME when the 3do died! I wished them pain with every Army Men game. Eventually they did succumb. :twisted:

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:22 pm

I think Battletanx on the N64 was the only game of theirs that I heard people praise.

Everything else?.. ugh. Portal Runner, anyone? :shock:

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:27 pm

BattleTanx was a fair bit of fun, but knowing that the project started out as BattleSport 64 sours the taste I had playing it. I want a ton more BattleSport.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:01 pm

I had heard that Battletanx / Battlesport 64 was originally an M2 title.

I was left very angry by the 3DO company after the failure to follow through on their advertised promise of an M2 upgrade and even more dismayed that even though they had the tools and presumably some unfinished games didn't support Opera at all after its demise - I mean a couple of games in the following 12 months would have gone a long way in easing the hurt.

3DO was a lesson from start to finish in how not to treat your customers.
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:57 am

Sega didn't have to announce their Dreamcast cancellation. Led to the cut of Half-Life, Outcast, and some other really promising games.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Any fan's from the beginning?

Post by oldskool » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:53 am

Just wondering if there was anyone here other than myself that has been a 3DO fan from the start, meaning you bought it new/used when it was still a hot item and the most powerful console at the time.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:54 am

Ooops, that was supposed to be it's own thread. Mods you can move if you wish haha.

GameCubed
3DO ZERO USER

Post by GameCubed » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:22 pm

The Army Men games were decent. I was always surprised to see games from 3DO after the demise of the system. "They're still around, huh?"

GeneStealer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by GeneStealer » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Vance wrote:Sega didn't have to announce their Dreamcast cancellation. Led to the cut of Half-Life, Outcast, and some other really promising games.
yeah but half-life was finished though... i have it. :wink:

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:10 pm

i dont think i own any 3do company games for other systems/PC
i didnt know they made games past the 3do system untill i got on ebay in 2002 and that damn army men game kept bugging me when looking for REAL 3do games :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Any fan's from the beginning?

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:12 pm

oldskool wrote:Just wondering if there was anyone here other than myself that has been a 3DO fan from the start, meaning you bought it new/used when it was still a hot item and the most powerful console at the time.
I was a 3DO fan from the announcement. I was released a year after the US, and I remember excitedly reading all the reviews of the Japanese and American games. I was also on the games.rec.video.3do news group even before I had one.

The hype that 3DO generated pre-release was awesome. The delivery was a bit of a let down. I was a big fan of the mega-arcade games that were around at the time (Ridge Racer, Daytona, etc) and the games released with the 3DO over here was a bit of a wet-blanket. NFS fixed that, my friends were in awe of the system. (although Shockwave was pretty incredible :) )

One of the things that I have under estimated was Doom. I have it on 3DO, PS1, SNES, Jag and PC and it's amazing just how good the PC version was, (and the Jag version) and just how much of a let down the 3DO version was. It was massive damage to the 3DO.

But yeah, I was there on the 3DO launch day waiting, with trembling hands of excitement, to get one :)

I blame Edge Magazine.