Did anybody else like Daedalus Encounter or was it just me?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Did anybody else like Daedalus Encounter or was it just me?

Post by Vance » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:01 am

And the developers, of course. I read some derisive reviews of the PC version upon release (you say I'm old now, but I remember when arcade games had one button and were all basically just Dig-Dug anyway.)

Well, I dug the puzzles and the FMV. I know, I'm probably retarded, but that just means I can't be held responsible for whoever I savage. It had a Lethal Weapon-in-space quality to the dialog, and they weren't afraid to let their ambition get in the way of their budget.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:51 am

You know, I couldn't tell ya, I have not played it yet even though it's in my collection.. It's on my list of to-dos.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:06 pm

I loved it but I got stuck and I've never finished it.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:42 pm

I loved it but I got stuck and I've never finished it.
Me to. It was the second example of a puzzle where you had to ensure the lines didn't cross or something. From my memory, logically it didn't seem like it could be done, so I was assuming it was some type of bug in the game that would let me through but I never found it. :?

Fresh pair of eyes one day might see the path through, once I get the game out of storage.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:03 am

I don't recall where I was. I think it had something to do with the ship about to crash into the sun and you had to fix something... I know it sounds like the entire game. I should just cheat and finish it.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:05 pm

This was very good. It wasn't as stiff as it's competition, things like 7th Guest and even Psychic Detective. It flows very well and the acting isn't half bad. It just need more flesh :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:42 am

I love to watch this game as its audio/video is truly stellar! The gameplay is well below average though, not to mention limited. I've fond memories of it though.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5