Info on How to get 3DO games & hardware.. and more

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Info on How to get 3DO games & hardware.. and more

Post by Gir Draxa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:28 am

Hmm..

So, everyone is still looking for ways to get the best 3DO imports for cheap, or for at least less than E-Bay gouging prices. I've mentioned this in a couple other posts, and people have expressed intrest. But what to get?

Hardware? Yep, cheaper than you can imagine. Software? TONS!

Where?

Well... heh, that's really been the gag for some time. So, I've got two announcements.

#1.> I've re-opened the Collective in the space temporarily provided by Devin. So Drop on by :
3DO Collective
CD-i Collective

#2.> If you follow the link to the 3DO Collective, you'll see I've updated it a little. Do enjoy the links page:) Those are the ways I've gained much of my 3DO collection for dirt dirt dirt cheap.

Hope it helps!

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:50 am

Pssh, wish I had known about the Logitech controller coming with Zhadnost and the whole package being $8 at Game Express before I bought one off eBay earlier tonight! Could have saved myself a few bucks and got a game out of it, too...

Thanks, though! I might pick up Gridders and PaTaank, since I've always wanted both, and eBay sellers really gouge on the shipping.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:52 am

Ebay gouges everything. Get your copy of FUTURE BOY CONAN (gouges from hell on ebay for that one) from JGS, then head over to MOJ and get yourself a Memory Unit.

Drax

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:00 am

Haha, I love Mail Order Japan's selection... I want "Frash Back"!

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:05 am

Hey, give the guys a break. They do good work. Their english on their website may be a bit harsh, but then, alot of languages have trouble in translation. If you simply must get a giggle out of asian language errors, go to Engrish.com. :)

You really want to use their auction services, the list on their website is out of date, and often overpriced. Use the guide I mentioned and search the auctions. You'll find stuff dirt cheap! Like THIS.

Drax

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:44 am

the yahoo groups is where my old contact zangardo got alot of his imports and rare items
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:46 am

Probably so. But its easy enough to shop there using MOJ. Too many collectors do not use all options and end up with alot of holes in their collection.

Drax

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:00 am

heh im more interested in AO japan games and Hardware :)

here is the link to the thread that also has a bunch of other places to buy from
http://cdinteractive.co.uk/3do/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:09 am

Intruiging. There are so few AO games from Japan that are worth your time. However, you should probably look into the Photo CD adventure titles. there are TONS over there. Interactive, or just slideshow.

Drax

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:53 pm

Sweet links Gir! I've already placed an order for a few titles :D Thanks for the info.

Since you've updated the site, are you now going to start posting reviews again on the 3DO collective? Would be nice if it could match its cd-i counterpart. :wink: Also, the more import reviews the better (some of the titles look really cool, but I have no clue about gameplay) :?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:24 pm

Gir - it's good to see you back! Your website, I think I've said before, was an inspiration. It warms the cockels of my heart to see it back online.
MOJ? Is it Azuma? He is a top guy.

Anyone caught moking Japenglish will be reminded Japanese is frigging difficult to speak and half my family is Japanese. (you can only mock the half i don't like ;) ) Of cause Japanese language is easy compared to Chinese which is technically impossible for anyone to speak I'm sure. I'm learning slowly - oh so slowly, Japanese, and my mistakes are equally bazaar. "Hello I'm Tanaka. Tanaka is a book" etc., etc.

Don't write eBay off totally. I've had good experiences in the past from a couple of eBay shops based in Japan. I'll dig 'em out and post them here.

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:27 pm

3DOKid wrote:MOJ? Is it Azuma? He is a top guy.
Yes ... and don't bother with the memory units, as I've already tried and he's responded with more links to other places. :lol:

The wild goose chase begins.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:44 pm

Actually, it's not a wild goose chase. Try using the MOJ services for auctions. Theres tons there to have.

Drax

Madroms

Post by Madroms » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:52 pm

Gir Draxa wrote:Ebay gouges everything. Get your copy of FUTURE BOY CONAN (gouges from hell on ebay for that one) from JGS, then head over to MOJ and get yourself a Memory Unit.

Drax
Thanks for the links Gir. I already known all of them but never bought something from these site (except from YJ).
But where did you see future boy Conan on JGS ??

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:43 am

Well, looks like I've told too many people, or someone beat you to it. TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK, but for when they re-stock it :

FUTURE BOY CONAN

Drax

Madroms

Post by Madroms » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:25 am

ok, this is what I thought when I didn't find it. Strangely enough, I didn't found it also last week or 2 weeks ago (last time I checked the site) on the 3DP panasonic category.
I hope they will get some new ones :wink:

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:44 pm

Odd that you couldn't find it if you went there 2 weeks before I posted my link. You know I checked with a couple people who bought it from them, and they all managed to get it fine as it was listed in their catalog in-stock and for sale until about 2 days before I posted my link.

Guess it comes down to luck of the draw when using their search tools. Must be an odd glitch. I'll mention it to them as time permits.

Drax