Best way to ship a single 3DO long box?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Best way to ship a single 3DO long box?

Post by oldskool » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:06 pm

I find it difficult to find a box that will fit a single long box, that's not too big, or too small. Does anyone ever collapse the box and ship it all in a large bubble envelope? If you have found a good box that fits them nicely let me know.

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:51 am

Best way to ship 3DO boxed games is cardboard box with lot of bubblewrap. Envelope sucks =)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:22 am

NEVER use an envelope. Once I bought a game from someone here and that's how they shipped it... box was in pretty much worthless shape, doesn't even stand up on a shelf.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:31 am

I can assure both of you that the games will be coming in a box, wrapped up in bubble wrap.

It just seems like it's hard to find a good box for a single game, if I didn't have that box for you 3DO I would have had to buy one for 2 bucks, then because of it's size it would have cost about 3-5 bucks to ship it. No one wants to spend 5-7 dollars on shipping a game, especially if it's only worth 5 bucks.

When I mentioned the envelope, I meant collapsing the box, it should fold flat at it's creases without hurting anything. Going back into it's original shape is another story altogether.

mck
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mck » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:36 am

I would just wrap it in some heavy brown paper like you would wrap a gift. I've shipped stuff like that and it arrived fine. You can also cut cardboard to fit the box and tape it together.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 am

I've thought about wrapping them up like that with the heavy brown shipping paper, and it might work fine on the long boxes that are tough and sturdy, but some of the long boxes are cheap (Like Strahl, Total Eclipse), those are the ones that I worry about.

That's a good idea cutting cardboard to fit around it, I never thought of that. Of course you'd still have to buy boxes to do that.

T.A.P.
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T.A.P. » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Will they fit in a Priority Mail box?