Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:15 am

don't get me started. My TV is over 13 years old. I wish it would break so i could justify buying an LCD. but that has always supported 60hz. I'm sure who ever is in charge of Nintendo EU believes we still live in Middle Ages.

zenkov

Post by zenkov » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:53 am

Hello. I'm Ivan, the creator of russian site about games for 3DO.
I like Firefly, Futurama, GNU, Esperanto and Toki Pona.

sina toki ala toki kepeken toki pona? :lol:

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm

Hello my name is Bryan.

I am a moderator at the IRC chat room #alt.binaries.cd.image.3do on EFnet.

I have an FZ-1 and a few orginal discs to go with it.

The 3do was a good system, but not my favorite. I will always be a big fan of the NES and SNES. I grew up on those two systems. :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:42 pm

BryWI wrote:Hello my name is Bryan.

I am a moderator at the IRC chat room #alt.binaries.cd.image.3do on EFnet.

I have an FZ-1 and a few orginal discs to go with it.

The 3do was a good system, but not my favorite. I will always be a big fan of the NES and SNES. I grew up on those two systems. :)
Hello Bryan, welcome to the forum. I imagine you have a fair few games for the 3DO right? Tch-tch. You've never once put up Firewall for the 3DO. Err, ahem, I mean piracy is a crime and errrr. :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:50 pm

zenkov wrote:Hello. I'm Ivan, the creator of russian site about games for 3DO.
I like Firefly, Futurama, GNU, Esperanto and Toki Pona.

sina toki ala toki kepeken toki pona? :lol:
Hello Zenkov - welcome to the forum. You are very welcome here. You have a great blog. I think it would be nice if we could get a Spanish blog too don't you think. All the major 3DO renassance languages would be then covered!

Please stick around.

All the best,

3DO Kid.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:53 pm

3DOKid wrote:
Hello Bryan, welcome to the forum. I imagine you have a fair few games for the 3DO right? Tch-tch. You've never once put up Firewall for the 3DO. Err, ahem, I mean piracy is a crime and errrr. :)
I have too many games actually ;)

I still haven't got my hands on the correct Firewall :(

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:56 pm

BryWI wrote:
3DOKid wrote:
I have too many games actually ;)

I still haven't got my hands on the correct Firewall :(
:cry: You're kidding? One day - oh one day I shall have it. [Shakes fists at the heavens!]

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:48 am

Well, my name is T2KFreeker and I work as an artist for YB Games. We are currently working on a couple of Jaguar games. Please do not throw me out in the cold yet. I am actually a big 3DO fan as well, and always liked the system from when it first came out. I would love to work on the 3DO as a developer, if only the encryption could be cracked. I am currently looking for information on that, perhaps I will find it here. I actually stumbled accross 3DO Kid's article after starting my own 3DO forunm this week and followed the link as I have always enjoyed reading his blog. Either way, I am here to stay hopefully and maybe some of you guys could check out my site as well, who knows? I won't post a link though as I am not quite sure of the rules here yet. 8)
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:08 am

Welcome T2KFreeker

oh what fun the atariage jag forum can be huh? :lol:
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:25 am

Lemmi wrote:Welcome T2KFreeker

oh what fun the atariage jag forum can be huh? :lol:
Actually, I stay away from Atari Age, to be honest. I am a Jaguar Sector II guy. Yeah, Atari Age can be very Fun, so I just try and stay away unless I have to go there. This board seems pretty nice. I hope to be here for awhile and get some new stuff going for the 3DO.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:35 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:I would love to work on the 3DO as a developer, if only the encryption could be cracked. I am currently looking for information on that, perhaps I will find it here.
The encryption has been dealt with and the Freedo.org emualtor team are going to be releasing an SDK for 3DO. They just havent done so yet. Maybe get in contact with them. Check out this thread on their forum too... http://www.freedo.org/forum2/index.php?topic=925.0

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:50 pm

BryWI wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:I would love to work on the 3DO as a developer, if only the encryption could be cracked. I am currently looking for information on that, perhaps I will find it here.
The encryption has been dealt with and the Freedo.org emualtor team are going to be releasing an SDK for 3DO. They just havent done so yet. Maybe get in contact with them. Check out this thread on their forum too... http://www.freedo.org/forum2/index.php?topic=925.0
Hmm, do the guys over at Good Deal Games know this? I have spoken to them in the past and they actually have two unreleased games for the 3DO ready to release but the encryption has always been a major problem. I'll pass on the information and I will also check out what is up with this info on how they are bypassing the encryption.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:01 am

WindowsKiller wrote:Hi there,

I guess many here know me already from the CDinteractive forums or my Games That Weren't websites. Nice to see a dedicated 3DO message board finally. :D
...finally ;) What took you?

Welcome - welcome! Or rather Willkommen - Willkommen!

3DO Kid.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:13 am

Windowskiller, haven't you also been over on JSII lately? I swear that I have seen the name before.

Windows Killer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Windows Killer » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:00 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Windowskiller, haven't you also been over on JSII lately? I swear that I have seen the name before.
Yep, I'm everywhere. :D

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:52 am

WindowsKiller wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Windowskiller, haven't you also been over on JSII lately? I swear that I have seen the name before.
Yep, I'm everywhere. :D
Yeah, so I have noticed. :wink:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:35 am

Hmm, do the guys over at Good Deal Games know this? I have spoken to them in the past and they actually have two unreleased games for the 3DO ready to release but the encryption has always been a major problem. I'll pass on the information and I will also check out what is up with this info on how they are bypassing the encryption.
That is awesome news! :D How did you find this out? Did GDG say what the 2 titles were? I'm glad you are passing this on.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:55 am

I was asking about games as they publish stuff for older machines and that's when they told me that they were having trouble because the encryption was not cracked. He did not say what games they are indeed, but I have a feeling that one is Water World as they were all talking about WW a long time ago. Niothing ever came of it as the talk just dissappeared.

Windows Killer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Windows Killer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:09 am

Afaik, the encryption has not been fully cracked yet. The SDK will work with a boot disc. You would insert the encrypted boot disc, let it load to a certain point and then insert the unencrypted game. Quite similar to the disc swap trick to play backup copies on an unmodded Playstation.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:59 pm

then how is it that we are able to extract the contents and files from 3do discs then? Im not sure if you have seen any of the programs, but it extract all the encrypted files from the discs on a PC.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:01 pm

I have a feeling that one is Water World as they were all talking about WW a long time ago. Niothing ever came of it as the talk just dissappeared.
I remember seeing the Waterworld demo on the Interplay disc & I always thought it looked cool (even more so after reading the preivew in 3DO magazine). How sweet it would be if the game finally saw the light of day. Hopefully it would follow the route of Demo man as a faithful movie translation & not Jurrasic Park

Windows Killer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Windows Killer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:58 pm

BryWI wrote:then how is it that we are able to extract the contents and files from 3do discs then? Im not sure if you have seen any of the programs, but it extract all the encrypted files from the discs on a PC.
Mind you, I wrote such a program myself (screenshot). :D Only the boot files are encrypted with an RSA key, that's it.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:32 pm

Hell, I just hope that you all got something here as I have been waiting to hear that the encryption was broken finally for quite some time now. I would try and help out on this, but I am personally not a programmer, I am an artist! All I know is that I want some new games damnit!

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:55 am

Hey folks I just registered. I've had a 3DO for several months and the good games I love and the abysmal games are great for a laugh.

I've read 3DOkid's blog several times and I just remembered that I promised to upload Firewall to a temporary hosting server so he could snag it. I think that was 3 months ago. Haha. I've terrible memory and completely forgot about it. If you're still interested let me know and I'll upload it.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:33 pm

UnholyTancred wrote:Hey folks I just registered. I've had a 3DO for several months and the good games I love and the abysmal games are great for a laugh.

I've read 3DOkid's blog several times and I just remembered that I promised to upload Firewall to a temporary hosting server so he could snag it. I think that was 3 months ago. Haha. I've terrible memory and completely forgot about it. If you're still interested let me know and I'll upload it.
Hello Mate - long time no messages - I thought you had abandoned ol' 3DO Kid!

Good to have you onboard. Your opinions, as always, are very welcome.

Take it easy!

3DO Kid.

Madroms

Post by Madroms » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:40 pm

Hi everyone !
I just found your forum and I am happy to see a 3do community. Like a lot of people here, I collect videogames, mostly saturn (maybe some of you already known me from the sites I made) and japanese 3do games.
I hope we could share a lot of information about our beloved 3do :wink:

Can I post to some old threads as I surely have some information to share with you ?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:29 am

Madroms wrote:Hi everyone !
I just found your forum and I am happy to see a 3do community. Like a lot of people here, I collect videogames, mostly saturn (maybe some of you already known me from the sites I made) and japanese 3do games.
I hope we could share a lot of information about our beloved 3do :wink:

Can I post to some old threads as I surely have some information to share with you ?
Hello there, welcome aboard! Which sites? Which japanese games? Post what you want - within reason! Thanks for stoppin' by!

3DO Kid!

Madroms

Post by Madroms » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:44 pm

For the sites, here they are:
http://www.satakore.com
http://madroms.free.fr

You can find some 3do utils here : http://madroms.free.fr/3do with the great 3DO COmmander util.

Which jpn games ?
All of them :D and demos too :wink:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:02 pm

Madroms wrote:For the sites, here they are:
http://www.satakore.com
http://madroms.free.fr

You can find some 3do utils here : http://madroms.free.fr/3do with the great 3DO COmmander util.

Which jpn games ?
All of them :D and demos too :wink:
Ah - I've seen that util page before - what it lacks in superficiality it makes up for in elegance and content :wink:

...you have all the Japanese 3DO games? :shock:

I don't use this phrase lightly - "I think I love you."

:D

3DO Kid!

Madroms

Post by Madroms » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:50 pm

3DOKid wrote:
...you have all the Japanese 3DO games? :shock:

I don't use this phrase lightly - "I think I love you."

:D

3DO Kid!
No, no, I am trying to get them all :wink:
I have more than 180 jpn games/demos and I am missing about 70 jpn games (I don't know how many demos have been released).