Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

knight2000
3DO ZERO USER

New To The Fourm

Post by knight2000 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Hello All! My name is Angelo. I live in PA in the USA. I came across your site as I was looking for some tech info on my 3DO. Its great to see how many people are in to this spectacular machine. I got mine when I was 15 years old. I think.. Its been some time.. I am 29 now. I have since replaced and repaired my original machine. It had a cracked gear that drove the laser. Instead of trying to replace it I have come up with a 100% tried and tested way of repairing the old gear. Anyway Im not a fan of newer consoles. I still prefer my 3DO and Sega equipment. (Genesis, CD, 32X) Just wanted to say hello and look forward to posting ion the fourm!! :D

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Re: New To The Fourm

Post by bitrate » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:19 pm

knight2000 wrote:Hello All! My name is Angelo. I live in PA in the USA. I came across your site as I was looking for some tech info on my 3DO. Its great to see how many people are in to this spectacular machine. I got mine when I was 15 years old. I think.. Its been some time.. I am 29 now. I have since replaced and repaired my original machine. It had a cracked gear that drove the laser. Instead of trying to replace it I have come up with a 100% tried and tested way of repairing the old gear. Anyway Im not a fan of newer consoles. I still prefer my 3DO and Sega equipment. (Genesis, CD, 32X) Just wanted to say hello and look forward to posting ion the fourm!! :D

Welcome friend!

Nice to hear that you "got down in the trenches" and repaired your 3DO. There is a lot of information on this forum and if you don't see something that you are looking for feel free to ask. A lot of great members here.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: New To The Fourm

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:43 pm

knight2000 wrote:Hello All! My name is Angelo. I live in PA in the USA. I came across your site as I was looking for some tech info on my 3DO. Its great to see how many people are in to this spectacular machine. I got mine when I was 15 years old. I think.. Its been some time.. I am 29 now. I have since replaced and repaired my original machine. It had a cracked gear that drove the laser. Instead of trying to replace it I have come up with a 100% tried and tested way of repairing the old gear. Anyway Im not a fan of newer consoles. I still prefer my 3DO and Sega equipment. (Genesis, CD, 32X) Just wanted to say hello and look forward to posting ion the fourm!! :D
It's a cool machine. Hang in there. :)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:07 am

Long time no see all. After some serious health issues with my Son which lead to some serious health issues with me, I have decided that it is time for my return. Some of you know me, most probably don't. Love the 3DO even though I had to sell my unit. I did keep some of the games though, so I will be getting one again down the road. Been awhile and missed it here, but I had to take care of myself before I could come back here. Anyway, cheers all! How's it hangin'?
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:39 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Long time no see all. After some serious health issues with my Son which lead to some serious health issues with me, I have decided that it is time for my return. Some of you know me, most probably don't. Love the 3DO even though I had to sell my unit. I did keep some of the games though, so I will be getting one again down the road. Been awhile and missed it here, but I had to take care of myself before I could come back here. Anyway, cheers all! How's it hangin'?
Glad to see you back T2KF been some time...hope everything is well now.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:07 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Long time no see all. After some serious health issues with my Son which lead to some serious health issues with me, I have decided that it is time for my return. Some of you know me, most probably don't. Love the 3DO even though I had to sell my unit. I did keep some of the games though, so I will be getting one again down the road. Been awhile and missed it here, but I had to take care of myself before I could come back here. Anyway, cheers all! How's it hangin'?
Good to see you back matey! I hope your troubles are all behind you.

So anyway, yeah. BAN REQUEST!!!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:23 pm

It's good to have you back!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Hey there. Good to have you back!

It's funny, I was just thinking the other day about how you have been away from the forums for what seemed like a really long time.

Anyway, like I said before, it's great to have you back on the boards.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Nice to be back guys, just got to watch the ticker is all. Now, who's gonna' sell me a 3DO so I can get back to gaming? :lol:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

GohanX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by GohanX » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:17 pm

New guy here, just dropping in to say "hi."

After a thread on another gaming forum I visit, I finally broke down and got a 3do from ebay, as it's one of the only post-1985 systems that I've never owned. My main reason is because of the seemingly kick-ass port or Wing Commander 3, I'm a huge WC fan and the 3do port might just be the best version. That, and my PSX disc is scratched up and getting the PC game to run is a pain. (New system is more fun than simply buying a replacement disc for the PSX version, or configuring DOSbox correctly.)

Got FZ-10 and 12 games for $70, not bad, and also picked up Wing Commander 3 and a few other cheap titles. I just got it in the mail today and I chuckled a bit at the $297 Walmart price tag that was still on the box. I didn't get much of a chance to play it though, once the opening cinemas of WC3 were done it was time to go back to work.

I'm rather impressed by the build quality of the system, it feels expensive. So anyways, hi.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Wing Commander III is awesome, all-day, every-day.

k1ngarth3r
3DO ZERO USER

Post by k1ngarth3r » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:45 pm

A long time 3DO fan, also a member over at cdinteractive forum.

Sadly I no long have my 3DO collection :-( but hopefully next year hope to start my collection again.

Glad to be here :-)
Most wanted:
3DO Magazine Issue 10 - 15

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:51 pm

Welcome to the sister forum! I am very aware of your significant contributions to the world of CDi and look forward to seeing you here!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

k1ngarth3r
3DO ZERO USER

Post by k1ngarth3r » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:12 pm

cheers matey
Most wanted:
3DO Magazine Issue 10 - 15

joedanger
3DO ZERO USER

Post by joedanger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:52 am

Hello all!!

I recently acquired a 3DO while walking around a flea market looking for an atari. Funny thing is, I had never heard of the 3DO prior to seeing it in the flesh. Long story short I happily stumbled upon model FZ-1. I snagged it as soon as possible, took it home, cleaned it and started it up. The only this is though, I am having a lot of trouble locating a control. I've uncovered a couple games rather easily, but the local game stores never ever see controls. I was wondering if any of you 3DO connoisseurs could donate a control seeing that I am so eager to actually play this fresh console. What do you say?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:44 am

joedanger
3DO ZERO USER

Post by joedanger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Funny you should say that, I am currently helping house a younger family member. While living with me.. she was banned from ebay. For some reason, ebay bans everyone on the IP address. Therefore, no dice.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Best to check w/some sites that deal w/vintage games ... there are quite a few out there. Should be some links somewhere in the forum. Do a search, it should yield some good suggestions.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Lightning
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Lightning » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:10 pm

I don't think I ever introduced myself. So here I go: hi, I'm lightning

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:13 pm

Hello Lightning, welcome to the 3DO Forums.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 am

Bold text ... real subtle. :wink:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 am

Lightning wrote:I don't think I ever introduced myself. So here I go: hi, I'm lightning

Welcome Lightning.
You'll find that we cover the full spectrum of topics here. Our members are well versed in zombie apocalypse trivia. Hell, we even discuss 3DO here.

Rust
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rust » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:17 am

Oops, mea culpa. Don't feel there's much point in relaying the name that shows up beside this post. I bought a Panasonic FZ-1 console back when it seemed like a good multimedia alternative to a computer. My system is currently malfunctioning, and Panasonic doesn't want to hear about it now that they've got my $500+, so I don't know how to proceed with repairs. I can't seem to get FreeD0 running smoothly either, so I guess I'm hoping I can find the information I need here to get one or the other working.

Karny
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Karny » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:26 pm

I guess I should do this too, eh?

I'm Adrian, originally from South Africa, now living in Twickenham, UK. I've been lurking on these forums for a very long time. You may know me from other forums, but then again, you might not. I don't post very much as I don't often have anything of value to say.

I've been a gamer as long as I can remember, but growing up in SA we were limited to the Megadrive and then the Playstation. I spent my youth drooling over pics of the latest and greatest games and consoles like the 3DO and the Jaguar! ;)

Over the years I've been slowly building up a collection of consoles and I was delighted when I finally got my first 3DO some years ago... only to be heartbroken to see what a poor machine the PAL version is. I've now sold my PAL FZ-1 and replaced it with a Jap FZ-10 and now, at long last I'm ready to get my 3DO on!

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Welcome Adrian :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:14 am

Karny wrote:
I don't post very much as I don't often have anything of value to say.
I've never let that stop me. :wink:

Welcome to the forum. :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:53 am

Karny wrote:I guess I should do this too, eh?

I'm Adrian, originally from South Africa, now living in Twickenham, UK. I've been lurking on these forums for a very long time. You may know me from other forums, but then again, you might not. I don't post very much as I don't often have anything of value to say.

I've been a gamer as long as I can remember, but growing up in SA we were limited to the Megadrive and then the Playstation. I spent my youth drooling over pics of the latest and greatest games and consoles like the 3DO and the Jaguar! ;)

Over the years I've been slowly building up a collection of consoles and I was delighted when I finally got my first 3DO some years ago... only to be heartbroken to see what a poor machine the PAL version is. I've now sold my PAL FZ-1 and replaced it with a Jap FZ-10 and now, at long last I'm ready to get my 3DO on!
Hello Mate! Twickenham eh? Very nice :) Samurai Shodown on an NTSC machine is a joy to behold. I don't know if you ever tried it on the PAL Machine but...

Alexander
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Alexander » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Hello everyone!

This is Alexander, from Argentina.
Back in 1993 I remember reading a preview of Way of the Warrior, that was the breaking point for me, and since that moment I wanted to know what the 3do was all about.
15 years later I was lucky enought to get a FZ1 model, and after that, a couple more.
The thing is that here in Argentina, prices for 3do are extremely blown out of proportion (600 dollars for a working machine)...that makes it extremely hard to collect.
So well, maybe Ebay right? :D

Hope to have a nice one here.

Regards!.
Last edited by Alexander on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm...

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Yes the collector's market for video games has gotten more than silly. Ebay is horrendous right now and places where you are get price gouged even more. Eventually it will all blow over but until then the people who care will have to suffer. (I do luck out from time to time as I like weird stuff that people don't even know the name of.) Glad to see another member who is still excited about the system.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Zetr0
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Zetr0 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:51 am

Hello there fellow 3D-Oh'ers =)

Finally after years of emulation I have now taken the plunge and got myself a GolderStar 3DO (I think its the mk2 - all black tray loading)

:D

This is now the Final piece in my pre 1900 - 1994 CD Console collection, along with a Sega MegaCD (mk1), CDTV and CD32.

tempted with a NeoGeo CD - but I am not sure if it got a European release before 1995.

So why the 3DO last ?

well its been one of those "I will get round to it...." and guess what.... I finally got round to it =D

To be fair you can blame 3DOKid's YouToobies I was getting all nostalgic over... so I said to my long suffering wifie that I wanted a 3DO for Christmas =D

I have some great memories playing a friends 3DO back in the day... with some of my most favourite games like what I feel are definitive's of the console -

Super Wing Commander
WH40K - Vengeance of the Blood Angels
Road Rash
Need For Speed

I had been playing these before I got them on the PSX, (well except Super Wing Commander (SWC) as it was never released on the PSX =( )
and while some of the shared titles might of had a little more polish - it was just not the same...

So a little about me?

Well I guess the first thing you should know is that I love to get involved with communities. Helping and getting involved is where I can say the REAL experience is to be honest...

Some Passions

Other than game playing - I love electronics, and have been part of a few projects to improve our beloved computers and consoles, I hope one day to help develop an SPI interface to an IDE / ATA solution -

If you know what that is then "YAY lets hack" - if not, don't worry, by the time I got half way through explaining it you would probably swallow your own tongue in self defense!

basically a Hard disk controller for the 3DO

I also love software development and I am looking forward to having a play with the 3DO SDK I have in my *ahem* TOSEC library =D

I am also a founder member classifieds trading community - www.amibay.com - an alternative to the pay-per-use sites like eBay and tazbar etc. its dedicated to retro computers,consoles and handheld's so if you are interested in buy/selling or even swapping go have a look and see if its your cup of tea =)

I also Love pizza and most Italian food and CURRY... oh god I love curry.. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and sharing hot chestnuts in winter =D

so that probably way too much sharing about me, looking forward to making some new 3DO friends =D

Z
When I think of something extra cool, I shall add it as a signature ;)