Here to stay.. ;)

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:12 pm

A belated welcome to the boards!

MakillaGorilla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MakillaGorilla » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:56 pm

What's up everyone! I wanted to take the time to introduce myself to the forum and it's members!

My name is Clint, I'm 26, I live in Newark, Delaware USA, and as of a week ago I am the proud owner of a FZ-1 and 8 boxed games (which is very quickly going to swell)!

I'm an avid gamer and collector for numerous systems ranging from Nintendo, Sega, Turbografx, and on and on and on and on. I've been focusing on my Atari Jag collection lately, but I always wanted a 3DO, so now I feel like I'm in the club! I had all the normal systems when I was a kid (Nintendo, Genesis, etc.) but now I'm looking forward to playing everything I missed when it was originally out ($699.99?!?!? pssshh! You already have a Nintendo! Play that!)

Aside from video games I enjoy sci-fi and fantasy movies/books, as well as martial arts and action movies (the cheesier the better!). I also lift weights regularly, my wife does Roller Derby for our local team, and I used to announce for one of the teams around here.

I've been a long time stalker in this forum if I wanted a review or a question answered, but now I feel like its finally time to come out of the shadows and contribute. I apologize in advance for any nub questions, and I look forward to reveling in video game glory with you guys.

CJZEPP
3DO ZERO USER

Hi!

Post by CJZEPP » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm Chris J, I really can't wait to get my 3DO, so I decided to join and ask the experts, you guys what to do. You're all really nice, and thanks for the help, I started a topic on where to buy a 3DO if you wanna check that out. I chose the FZ-10. :mrgreen:
That feeling where you look at your posts from 2-3 years ago when you first joined and realize how stupid you were.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your new system. :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:32 am

Heys guys, welcome aboard.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Windows Killer wrote:Hi there,

I guess many here know me already from the CDinteractive forums or my Games That Weren't websites. Nice to see a dedicated 3DO message board finally. :D

Hello Mate!

Dreygor
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dreygor » Sat May 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Hey guys. I am a new member here, but I have been into retro gaming and owned a 3DO for years. Oddly I did not learn of this web site until I started working on a project for my favorite emulator front end HyperSpin http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/content.php . I took on the task of updating the 3DO artwork and getting everything up to date. I learned the hardway that descent artwork is hard to come by. So I have been talking to a few folks behind the scenes and learned that this is an awesome group of people! (..and we welcome help from anyone who wants to donate scans and stuff like that)

I personally own a Goldstar 3DO system. Sadly my collection is small with only 6 games (Of course Space Hulk being one of those). My wife and I love to play Twisted: The Game Show together on a regular basis. Like me she grew up playing the 3DO as a kid (I really wish my parents hadnt sold my FZ-1 in a yard sale when I left for the military).

Real world knowledge I am a mechanical engineer with a knack for working on electronics and tinkering in my free time.
Become part of The 3DO Initiative! <-- Click on link!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat May 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Glad to have you aboard! Space Hulk is an awesome game.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun May 27, 2012 6:03 am

Welcome! :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun May 27, 2012 6:54 am

Welcome aboard mate :) indeed, Space Hulk is ace!

spiffyone
3DO ZERO USER

Post by spiffyone » Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Just joined, but I've read through some topics in the past and have read the old 3DOkid blog. Also, I've seen the picks for the "top games vids" and I still disagree with some of placements of some games (Star Control II is #1, not NFS, IMHO) but, y'know...OPINIONS!

And in case someone notices, yes, I am the same spiffyone from other game centric forums (AtariAge, etc.).

I've owned a 3DO since...late '95? '96? It was a hand me down gift from my older brother, who bought the system (an FZ-10) and a bunch of games (including Samurai Shodown and Gex) off of a friend for a little under $150, so it was probably around the time that the price had dropped to $199. I recall him wondering which he should get between a Saturn, PS1 and 3DO, and he got the 3DO because it was inexpensive in comparison, which is funny seeing as how the system had (and still has) the reputation of being a "rich man's game console". Anyway, I've grown to appreciate what my brother and family did for me when younger, and have gotten back into retro gaming, in part, to capture some of those memories in fleeting fashion.

I've always had the inkling that had the 3DO Multiplayer been pushed under the standard model used by the console market, rather than the business model that Trip tried, the system might've been what PS1 was about a year or two before there even was a PS1. Obviously not as powerful, but easy to develop for, uber power at the time of release, etc. It was the $699 launch price for the Panasonic FZ-1, due to the business model used, that sunk the system. You only get one first impression, so goes the saying, and "$699" was the wrong first impression to make ("$299" is a great impression to make, as Sony did in the first E3 in '95, which they seemingly forgot all about when announcing the PS3 at "$599").

My favorite games on the system include Star Control II, Star Fighter, Alone in the Dark, and NfS (though, again, I'm not as high up on it as some here). Star Fighter in particular interests me. I'm not a techie or anything, but it does stand out in that it really does push the console in directions not seen in other games. And it does make me wonder: how far could they have pushed it?

Austin

Post by Austin » Wed May 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Welcome! I'm over at AtariAge as well (same name). :)

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed May 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Hey there and welcome to the boards! Sadly, I have yet to play any of the games on your favorites list.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:00 am

Welcome to the new members.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

NeoGeoCD
3DO ZERO USER

Hi

Post by NeoGeoCD » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi,

Im new to the 3DO community. I am a german citizen living an working in New York. I loved to read the news in Video Game magazines as a kid in the 90s. Espiecially stuff from the Trade Shows like the E3. Back then me and my friends had just SNESs and Sega Mega Drives and I was amaized by the pictures I saw from the uppcoming CD based consoles. The 3DO and Jaguar where out of my reach. Later I finaly got my CD Console fix with the playsation. I loved that system but so did everyone else. I was much later that I had the funds to actually own some of the more rare systems. So Im a collector, and since last week I own a 3DO-FZ1 and I think its great. I especially like the looks of the system, with the collums like a greek temple. I think its awesome that there is still an active community arround the 3DO.
I really liked the Sampler CD that came with the System, It got that "In your face" 90nes to it :)

Here is a list of the systems I own, unfortunatly most of the stuff is sitting in my grandmas basement in germany waiting for my return. Im thiking about havin some of the collection shipped to the US.

Video Game Systems
Sega Master System 1 EUR
Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) EUR
Sega Mega CD (Sega CD) EUR
Sega 32X EUR
Sega Saturn JAP
Sony Playstation EUR
Sony Playstation 2 EUR
Sony Playstation 2 Slim EUR
Sony Playstation 3 US
Nintendo N64 US
Nintendo Gamecube EUR
Nintendo Wii EUR
SNK Neo Geo AES JAP
SNK Neo Geo CD Frontloader JAP
SNK Neo Geo CD Toploader EUR
Microsoft Xbox US
Panasonic 3DO FZ1 JAP

Handhelds
Nintendo Game Boy Advance (AGS101)
Sony Playstation Portable (1000)
Nintendo Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo Game Boy Color

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Hi

Post by Martin III » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:34 am

NeoGeoCD wrote:Hi,

Im new to the 3DO community. I am a german citizen living an working in New York.
My sister is a USA citizen living in Germany. How's that for coincidence? :o

Welcome to the boards. My 3DO is a FZ-1 too, and I fully agree with you on its awesomeness. Quite possibly the coolest-looking console I've ever seen.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:49 am

Welcome aboard!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Andreas W.
3DO ZERO USER

Heyhoo!

Post by Andreas W. » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:54 pm

I wanted to say hello....

Hello :-)

I´m Andreas from Germany.

I like and collect old stuff, like vinyl records, consoles, old bicycles, record player and hi-fi stuff from 1950 - 1975, consoles, etc,

My 3DO Blaster is my first step into the 3DO world and I really like it.
By the way: This is a very nice forum with many interesting posts and friendly users.

Cya!
Andreas

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Heyhoo!

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Andreas W. wrote:I wanted to say hello....

Hello :-)

I´m Andreas from Germany.

I like and collect old stuff, like vinyl records, consoles, old bicycles, record player and hi-fi stuff from 1950 - 1975, consoles, etc,

My 3DO Blaster is my first step into the 3DO world and I really like it.
By the way: This is a very nice forum with many interesting posts and friendly users.

Cya!
Andreas
Hello Mate! Welcome aboard! Blaster owners are the best kind of new users :)

Dreamstate
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dreamstate » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Ok, I have to stop lurking and actually say, "Hi". I have been enjoying reading everything in this forum and the related blogs for some time now. I have been an active video game player starting when I was a kid and beating my family at Pong and most of the Sears Telegames games.

I have owned a few 3DO system, but really have just started getting serious about collecting for it. I have around 50 games so far. I have tended to collect and study more about the less know systems than anything. I have a fairly large collection of close to 2000 games.

One fun fact is that I have one of the larger Watara Supervision collections I have found. I have 45 of the 64 know games, 98 percent new and sealed. I also have complete copies of all of the released games for the GP32 except one. My largest collection so far are N64 with well over 230 complete games.

Thanks to all who continue to discuss and support this site. I have found that, as time goes on, systems like the 3DO, Jaguar, and Turbo Grafx have less and less clear cut information, so having some long term experts is great!

By the way, I am Dreamstate on about every Video Game Forum out there.
Last edited by Dreamstate on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:25 am

"Trolling"? Surely you mean lurking?

Anyways, welcome to the boards!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Hello Dreamstate. Thanks for the intro & welcome to the forums. :)

Dreamstate
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dreamstate » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Martin III wrote:"Trolling"? Surely you mean lurking?

Anyways, welcome to the boards!
HA! That's a funny slip up on my part. I fixed it. I hope I am not Trolling!

Austin

Post by Austin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Dreamstate wrote:HA! That's a funny slip up on my part. I fixed it. I hope I am not Trolling!
Oooooh, you are sooooo trolling!

j/k :lol:

Welcome!

MakillaGorilla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MakillaGorilla » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Welcome aboard all! Likeminds in one place = funtimes.
'Did that guy just say he thinks rings are cool!?!?'

Most Desired Games:
-Out of This World (longbox) -Alone in the Dark (longbox) -Lucienne's Quest (longbox) -Killing Time (longbox) -Robinson's Requiem (longbox) -Strahl (longbox) -Dragon Lore (longbox) -Star Control II (longbox) -Sailor Moon (JPN) -Doctor Hauzer (JPN) -Montana Jones (JPN)

pmerrill
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pmerrill » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:53 am

MakillaGorilla wrote:Welcome aboard all! Likeminds in one place = funtimes.
WOW!! Two of us from Newark DE here! Amazing!

Sammysung
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sammysung » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:38 am

Hey Guys !

Glad i found this place, been a 3DO fan since the first time i saw the FZ-1 running at my local gamestore here in stockholm sweden in 94. My jaw dropped at the sight of need for speed in all it's splendor when being used to megadrive/megacd/32x that i had at the time.

Ended up buying a FZ-10 pal when that was released but the frustration of not being able to game in fullscreen made me buy a FZ-10 NTSC and i even bought a Sony multistandard TV for the same purpose :) Was a huge fanboy like many other misunderstood 3DO users back then, the saturn and psx users just didn't get it in my opinion (tossers) :lol: Regretfully i traded both consoles and a stack of games for a N64 and mario 64 and i have deeply regretted that ever since. Looking to buy a 3DO again, the emultators just isn't the same thing, might be me but i remember NFS looking better than that when running on the box than it does emulated.

Bought this in 95 i think and it's still in decent wearable condition, the leather in the sleeves are getting a bit frayed and has been repaired but i've never seen anyone else here in sweden wearing one atleast :)

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Hey there, Sammysung, glad to have you here! That is one sweet-looking jacket. It's good to know that 3DO memorabilia like that is still around.

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Sammysung, it's never too late to start again. Welcome aboard!

Cool jacket! I've never seen it before :shock:
Looking for sealed and rare 3DO games and stuff. Just PM me about what you have to offer.