Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Sammysung
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sammysung » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks guys :)

Yea it's sweet and has been my favourite spring/fall jacket for the last 17 years lol. It's made by Holloway in the USA and has a large studio 3DO logo on the back and a small embroidered 3DO logo on the left lapel, amazing quality. Bought it from 3DO's UK offices, it wasn't for sale in europe but i asked them to import one for me and they gladly did that, great people to deal with.

They included a 3DO coffee mug, a 3DO notepad and a few 3DO pins for free but that was when they had begun closing the UK division so i guess they just cleared some inventory. Don't have anything else left apart from this jacket and a pin, my cat destroyed the mug sadly. I think i paid somewhere around 80-100 £ for it but im not sure, it wasn't cheap anyway.

Last edited by Sammysung on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Sammysung, pins and mug like these?

Resize pictures, please. I tired to scroll your last post :oops:
Looking for sealed and rare 3DO games and stuff. Just PM me about what you have to offer.

Sammysung
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sammysung » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:54 pm

Silentman wrote:Sammysung, pins and mug like these?

Resize pictures, please. I tired to scroll your last post :oops:
Yup, one slightly larger pin aswell with a thick black outline.

Will do, posted from work and had no pic editing prog

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:38 am

Awesome stuff Sammysung! Welcome aboard!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 am

very cool stuff - welcome sammysung

Sammysung
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sammysung » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:24 pm

AfterDark3DO

A 3DO fan from Argentina

Post by AfterDark3DO » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:00 am

Hi All,

My name is Alexander, from Buenos Aires. I used to collect consoles and video games for a couple of years, but then decided to get rid of it all.

After some time, would like to get back to collecting, and only focusing on 3DO stuff. Sadly, prices for retro items here in Argentina have sky-rocketed which makes it specially hard for a 3DO enthusiast to find and specially buy such items. Importing has been less of an option due to some political restrains. Does not seem to be an easy task.

Regardless of this, I know that eventually will have the chance to re-start a collection. I still want to contribute to the forum and learn from avid collectors such as yourselves.

Thanks for reading, kind regards!.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:04 am

Welcome to the forums. :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:09 pm

That jacket made me go and take lousy pics of my own 3DO jacket.. They didnt come out well, but here they are none the less

http://www.picpaste.com/Foto0107-gRB2chbx.jpg

http://www.picpaste.com/Foto0108-6PdEoYLR.jpg

For some reason the pics wont load, at least not for me, so i put the url there also.

Its like a baseball or football jacket, with either black or dark blue main, with dark brown sleeves i think...? Its well worn so not in great shape, but its in one piece, and the logos arnt cracked, but worn.

I also have a few t-shirts, but i couldnt find those..

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:13 pm

grimm

Nice jacket. I saw one like this long time ago at ebay, but hadn't money to buy it. You're lucky! :roll:
Looking for sealed and rare 3DO games and stuff. Just PM me about what you have to offer.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah i like it. its even XL size so it could fit me, even if it feels a little short in the back, but thats the model cut i think..

I got it off ebay i think, many years ago. Havent seen 3DO clothing items on ebay in many years now.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: A 3DO fan from Argentina

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:55 pm

AfterDark3DO wrote:Hi All,

My name is Alexander, from Buenos Aires. I used to collect consoles and video games for a couple of years, but then decided to get rid of it all.

After some time, would like to get back to collecting, and only focusing on 3DO stuff. Sadly, prices for retro items here in Argentina have sky-rocketed which makes it specially hard for a 3DO enthusiast to find and specially buy such items. Importing has been less of an option due to some political restrains. Does not seem to be an easy task.

Regardless of this, I know that eventually will have the chance to re-start a collection. I still want to contribute to the forum and learn from avid collectors such as yourselves.

Welcome aboard mate!

Maybe we can pre-arrange ebay auctions (a better prices for members!) to help you along?

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:12 am

Welcome!
これからも宜しくお願いします!
Because I make a note using translation software, I think that it becomes a poor English sentence.
I'm sorry.

If there is rude expression, please point it out.
Thanking you in advance.

3DO JohnEdward
3DO ZERO USER

3DO olde dog ! His HAS STEERING WHEEL and other addictions

Post by 3DO JohnEdward » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:45 am

G'day passionate Gamers,
Ok here goes the introduction about me I purchased my 3DO FZ-10 new for me and my two sons. Not too long after that PlayStation took their attention but Dad kept having fun with 3DO :lol: I have 34 games and one console so am a small time collector and have not bought anything in over ten years except a wireless controller. But my gem is the holy grail a HAS 3DO Steering Wheel in orig. box ! I bought it used from an adult about 1998. Have the orig. box, plastic wrap and the wheel all in very excellent condition. Probably have less than 50 hours of use on wheel. The original owner said he used it very little ( odd but it was pristine when I purchased it) Only thing missing is the owner manual :(
I also have a reasonable Atari 2600 collection 3 consoles, 121 games , Tons of controllers, Starpath Supercharger and 7 cassette tape games. My greatest passion is restoring , driving and racing muscle cars and sports cars since 16 the year 1972 HeyDay of HEMI's, Big Block 454's and Ford's Cobra Jets. Current daily driver is the Australian built Pontiac GTO pushing 640 HP and running 11.1 seconds in the 1/4 mile :twisted: Oh Yeah its modified running a several stage Nitrous Oxide Injection system. The past 5 years I have become addicted ( DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON) to collecting Cassette Tape Walkman GO ANALOG !! I currently have well over 400 players from 64 manufactures. I listen to them daily WOOHOO :P Just love the looks I get in public when I take out a "CASSETTE TAPE ... GASP" and put new one in. By the way the very best pro models kick the sonic ASS off a IPOD !!! And with dbx encoded tapes ( RARE system now) no tape hiss at all !!
Recently pulled my boxes of 3DO out of closet and enjoying being bad at everything again HA HA time is a terrible enemy now my reflexes are slower and memory forgotten most of what I knew about the game play. DOG... guess old age and treachery is not going to over come youth and skill this time LOL :roll: Well never to old to learn again. Great to find you guys and gals.
I will do a post shortly on just the steering wheel and another on my very very modest collection showing games and controllers. I am most certainly a lover of vintage things... geesh my most recent bug now is BOOMBOXES of the 80's... DAMN they take up a LOT more space than Walkman grin.. Good thing am divorced a decade now just having FUN.

Here is Link to my BOXED 3DO H.A.S. STEERING WHEEL topic including VIDEO of wheel being used on Need For Speed.
http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2853

My 3DO Collection part of it)

ATARI 2600 Collection part of it

CASSETTE WALKMAN COLLECTION about 20 % of it

EARLY SONY ( First Walkman 1979 Sony)

:mrgreen:
Last edited by 3DO JohnEdward on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orig. Owner FZ-10 system, 34 games incl. Game Guru and HAS 3DO STEERING WHEEL in ORIG. BOX. Have 403 Cassette Walkman USE DAILY ANALOG RULES! Atari 2600 1st/ 2nd Generation consoles, 112 Games, Starpath Supercharger and 7 cassette tape digital encoded games.
AH and I love to go FAST .... current car 640 Horsepower runs 11.1 seconds in 1/4 mile. Yeah I REFUSE TO GROW UP !

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:46 am

Nice choice of car! Here we call them "Holden Monaro's" , but you probably knew that!

A big Aussie welcome to all our new members!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DO JohnEdward
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO JohnEdward » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:08 am

Awh Thanks Matty , yep GM owns Holden in Australia and correct was known as the Monaro GT there I believe. Only the Vauxhall (UK) version and Pontiac ( USA) had the Corvette 6 Litre 400 HP V8 shipped from USA to Australia and put in the car. Holden builds a Awesome QUALITY car !! Here she is my daily roller coaster Toy and my Beloved 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 4 speed in Hemi Orange ;-)

2005 Pontiac GTO

NITROUS PURGE THROUGH HOOD SCOOPS WITH RED LED LIGHTING

1971 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER yes even the horn goes "BEEP BEEP" ! Only car
named after Cartoon Character even has the Warner Bros. Roadrunner Bird on Grill, Steering wheel and Dashboard and side of front fenders ;-)

Orig. Owner FZ-10 system, 34 games incl. Game Guru and HAS 3DO STEERING WHEEL in ORIG. BOX. Have 403 Cassette Walkman USE DAILY ANALOG RULES! Atari 2600 1st/ 2nd Generation consoles, 112 Games, Starpath Supercharger and 7 cassette tape digital encoded games.
AH and I love to go FAST .... current car 640 Horsepower runs 11.1 seconds in 1/4 mile. Yeah I REFUSE TO GROW UP !

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Welcome to the new members, I love your cars JohnEdward especially the Plymouth, I'm a car nut too, Here's my lil toy. 1988 Z31 300zx turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v7hKo5l4Xs&feature=plcp

:D

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Another car fan here. I love all cars. That plymouth is special though. Very beautiful. Scarlets Z31 is pretty cool too. A very under rated classic. When i'm rich beyond my wildest dreams - i'm getting a Z car :)

What I have right now:

And what I had (just then... :) )

And before we all go we-hate-porsche-drivers, there are two types of Porsche Driver. C*cks who buy the best, 'cos they're the best, 'cos they are winners, bla, bla, bla. They know nothing about the car, and they will go off and buy an Aston next or a Audi. (tw*ts) And then guys like me who dreamt of owning a porsche since 1987, spent months tapping into an excel spread sheet and finally got one. Know every square inch of it intimately and can't ever imagine owning anything else.

AfterDark3DO

Post by AfterDark3DO » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:26 am

3DOKid wrote:

Welcome aboard mate!

Maybe we can pre-arrange evilbay auctions (a better prices for members!) to help you along?
Thanks for the proposal, sounds pretty interesting!.
Last edited by AfterDark3DO on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:09 am

Welcome aboard, JohnEdward... That steering wheel looks pretty rad. And a good thing to have on the 3DO, too, since it got The Need For Speed and Crash 'n' Burn. It makes me envy racing game enthusiasts.

And a somewhat belated welcome to Alexander as well! Good luck with building up the collection.

BEARD!
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BEARD! » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi All,

My name is Jamie, from Scotland. I've been a retro game collector for a few years now. The 3DO is a console i've always wanted since i saw it in a electronics store back in late '95. I asked my parents for one that christmas but i got a playstation instead. Anyway i just got myself a PAL FZ-1 with the following 8 games: FIFA, Flying Nightmares, Iron Angel, Johnny Bazookatone, Need For Speed, Road Rash, Space Hulk and Super Wing Commander.
Really liking Road Rash and Space Hulk so far, not so keen on Johnny Bazookatone and Flying Nightmares though

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:00 pm

BEARD! wrote: Really liking Road Rash and Space Hulk so far, not so keen on Johnny Bazookatone and Flying Nightmares though
Ha ha, you aren't alone. Flying Nightmares at least tries, but it's too complex for it's own good imo. Johnny Bazookatone is nearly unplayable thanks (in part) to collision detection that registers a hit whether you ar touching an enemy or not.

Welcome to the forums! :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:01 am

BEARD! wrote:Hi All,

My name is Jamie, from Scotland. I've been a retro game collector for a few years now. The 3DO is a console i've always wanted since i saw it in a electronics store back in late '95. I asked my parents for one that christmas but i got a playstation instead. Anyway i just got myself a PAL FZ-1 with the following 8 games: FIFA, Flying Nightmares, Iron Angel, Johnny Bazookatone, Need For Speed, Road Rash, Space Hulk and Super Wing Commander.
Really liking Road Rash and Space Hulk so far, not so keen on Johnny Bazookatone and Flying Nightmares though
That's two Scots joining in a week! Welcome aboard. It's weird how that happens.

I'm with you on Johnny Bazookatone and Flying Nightmares. They look like quality games, but are a bit rubbish. Iron Angel may too fall into that category. But the rest are top notch stuff!

BEARD!
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BEARD! » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys.

@ Trev - Your right about Johnny Bazookatone being almost unplayable, the collision detection reminds me of something found in old 8 bit Nes games.

@ 3DO Kid - Haven't played Iron Angel yet, but I'm not expecting much from it.

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:01 am

Hey guys, I'm from Phoenix, Arizona, and I love playing/collecting classic games. I've been lurking in this forum for a bit, but I recently picked up an FZ-1 and 22 games so I figured it was time to register and introduce myself. :)

The 3DO is a bit of an enigma for me. None of the neighborhood kids had one, and while the local stores had demo units for the SNES, Genesis, Saturn, and even the CD-i, I don't recall seeing a 3DO kiosk anywhere. I remember seeing all the 3DO hype in game magazines as a kid, but this is my first time getting to play one. I'm having a lot of fun so far, and hope to grow my collection, especially regarding the peripherals (lightgun, flightstick, steering wheel).

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Welcome to the boards, Nixzero! I just got the light gun myself; it's a surprisingly heavy piece of equipment. Unfortunately I lost my Ebay bid on Demolition Man, so for the time being I have nothing to use it with...

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Hello and welcome to Nixzero :) (and any other recent new members who I might have forgotten to welcome)

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys. Sucks about losing out on that auction, Martin. Having a lightgun and no games is like being all dressed up with nowhere to go! But, from what I've seen, getting the lightgun is the hard (expensive) part, most 3DO game prices seem pretty reasonable.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:30 pm

nixzero wrote:Hey guys, I'm from Phoenix, Arizona, and I love playing/collecting classic games. I've been lurking in this forum for a bit, but I recently picked up an FZ-1 and 22 games so I figured it was time to register and introduce myself. :)

The 3DO is a bit of an enigma for me. None of the neighborhood kids had one, and while the local stores had demo units for the SNES, Genesis, Saturn, and even the CD-i, I don't recall seeing a 3DO kiosk anywhere. I remember seeing all the 3DO hype in game magazines as a kid, but this is my first time getting to play one. I'm having a lot of fun so far, and hope to grow my collection, especially regarding the peripherals (lightgun, flightstick, steering wheel).

Awesome mate :) welcome aboard.

zook1981
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zook1981 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:43 pm

New member here, and I am surprised and happy there is actually a 3DO forum! I am from suburbs of Chicago in U.S.A. I first got the 3DO in 1995 for $399.99 USD. I saved money for two years from when I was 12 up until 14 years old all because I wanted to play Demolition Man real bad. I fell in love with other games like Killing Time, Lost Files Of Sherlock Holmes (my favorite), Shockwave 1, Alone in the Dark 1, and The Horde Demo. Unfortunatley in 1997 at 16 I had car problems and was forced to sell it along with my games to get a new water pump :( :x . I reunited with the 3DO in 2008 when I became a single bachelor living alone. I got all my games back but I got the XBOX 360 at the same time then I forgot about my 3DO. I ended up selling it last year to get a Baseball card to appease my other hobby. I am mad at myself for selling it last year but I just did not get the nostalgic attachment at that time, and like the Cinderalla song goes "You don't know what you got til it's gone." So I wanted it back real bad and just got one very recently.
I fell out of love with it in 2008 because I bought it for Way Of The Warrior, Demolition Man, Killing Time, Out Of This World, and Sherlock Holmes. The problem is Demo Man, Killing Time, and Way Of Warrior just did not impress me anymore, I saw no need for them. Then with strategy guides I finally beat Sherlock Holmes. The Out Of This World copy I bought did not work well, crappy burnt copy that skipped all over the place.
Now I decided this time around to avoid Way Of The Warrior and Demolition Man because those were games that were cool back in 1993, but today they are nothing special compared to what has been released since for other systems. I repurchased Killing time but this time I got it for the cool music and the cool story line, I truley missed that game. This time around I realize Sherlock Holmes DOES have replay value. Now I got other games like Wolfenstein, Doom, I got Twisted back, The Horde, Street Fighter 2 and I got Star Control 2 back too. Now I have a better array of games that will prevent me from ever selling it again, and I truley realize I am in love with this system :D .