Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm so happy to see some love for The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes! The game is one of my favorites too, but doesn't get talked about nearly enough.

While I like Demo Man, I definitley agree with your decision to avoid Way of the Warrior. :wink:

Glad to have you here, have fun!
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

zook1981
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zook1981 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Haha excellent, I was almost thinking of starting a thread dedicated to Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes, because I can gab about it forever. First I probably should play it through again, it has been 4 years.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:09 pm

zook1981 wrote:Haha excellent, I was almost thinking of starting a thread dedicated to Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes, because I can gab about it forever. First I probably should play it through again, it has been 4 years.
Go for it! Would love to chat about this game, and it would give me an excuse to beat it again too.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Welcome to the boards! The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes is a game I've never heard much about, so I would love to hear some gab about it.

Coincidentally, Star Control II is a game I just started playing for the first time. It's amazing how much detail Toys For Bob put into every aspect of the game.

zook1981
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zook1981 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Excellent I will probably start a thread real soon this weekend. I love the graphics and the dialogue in that game. Plus it takes a long time to beat, it's definately not a game for those whom have no patience. The music is awesome too.

TheRealAnubis
3DO ZERO USER

Hello!

Post by TheRealAnubis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:36 am

Hi,

I used to play Return Fire at a friend's house after work in the 90's, and I've finally scored an FZ-1 player, and both Return Fire titles! I really like this console, and it's been nice to get it going and re-live some of the fun I used to have!

I'm working on an upgrade to the 32K savegame space to 256K for a reasonable price (around $50US). If the poll and replies are positive, I'll continue my testing and offer the install service for the upgrade.
I may also offer the option to just send the buyer the parts and instructions for around $30US.

zook1981
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Hello!

Post by zook1981 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:13 am

TheRealAnubis wrote:Hi,

I used to play Return Fire at a friend's house after work in the 90's, and I've finally scored an FZ-1 player, and both Return Fire titles! I really like this console, and it's been nice to get it going and re-live some of the fun I used to have!

I'm working on an upgrade to the 32K savegame space to 256K for a reasonable price (around $50US). If the poll and replies are positive, I'll continue my testing and offer the install service for the upgrade.
I may also offer the option to just send the buyer the parts and instructions for around $30US.
Welcome to the forum I was thinking about trying out Return Fire sometime.

TheRealAnubis
3DO ZERO USER

Post by TheRealAnubis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:12 pm

zook1981 wrote:
It's pretty fun to play single, but 2 players is just the best! Looking back, I think it's one of the few split screen games that really work!

Have fun!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:36 pm

TheRealAnubis wrote:
zook1981 wrote:
It's pretty fun to play single, but 2 players is just the best! Looking back, I think it's one of the few split screen games that really work!

Have fun!
Yeah, I had fun playing them again for my recent reviews. Two player is definitely the best!

TheRealAnubis
3DO ZERO USER

Post by TheRealAnubis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Trev wrote:
TheRealAnubis wrote:
zook1981 wrote:

Have fun!
Yeah, I had fun playing them again for my recent reviews. Two player is definitely the best!
I always panicked when I got the flag and ended up running the jeep into some trees, rocks, etc. Very nerve-racking!

WorshipTheVoid
3DO ZERO USER

Post by WorshipTheVoid » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:26 am

Hey all! New member here =)

Been collecting 3D0 off and on for a couple years now and hope to have a complete set one day.

Most of my collection has come from a just a few lots (thank you craigslist) with a few random pick-ups here and there. (I'll make a collection post soon.)

I collect pretty much anything video game related but have been focusing in on NES titles as of late (I've got 80-some boxed games and 150ish carts).

I love metal, been playing guitar since I was 6 and pretty much enjoy anything nerdy. =)

...And there's my bullet point introduction. =)
This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:11 am

A big welcome to all our new members! Oh and I like that DOOM avatar.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:24 am

Welcome to forum!

I would also like to perform the day or complete set of when.
(However, it is a talk of only a Japanese version.)

WorshipTheVoid wrote:Hey all! New member here =)

Been collecting 3D0 off and on for a couple years now and hope to have a complete set one day.

Most of my collection has come from a just a few lots (thank you craigslist) with a few random pick-ups here and there. (I'll make a collection post soon.)

I collect pretty much anything video game related but have been focusing in on NES titles as of late (I've got 80-some boxed games and 150ish carts).

I love metal, been playing guitar since I was 6 and pretty much enjoy anything nerdy. =)

...And there's my bullet point introduction. =)
:wink:
Because I make a note using translation software, I think that it becomes a poor English sentence.
I'm sorry.

If there is rude expression, please point it out.
Thanking you in advance.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Hola all, have returned. Looks like the site is working fine in Firefox now. Had lots of trouble and refuse to run IE on my PC anymore. So, howsit?
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Calavera3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera3DO » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:59 am

Hi guys - I just registered before a few minutes... Nice to see there is a 3DO forum. I´m a video game and hardware collector since many, many years and thanks god I could still "live" the golden age of video-gaming. My first system was a colecovision followed by a Atari800, Commodore128 and Amiga 500 - then started my first PCs with a 486/33MHz. Next to computers my fist console was N64 followed by a Xbox and Xbox360... Maybe in 2009 I begun starting to collect all games and systems together I ever had - and filled the lines with the ones I didn´t had in their time :D

BUT - the 3DO... I still never, ever heard about - until now... (you should know I come from germany - don´t think the 3DO was very popular here...) So before two weeks I begun starting a Wing Commander career on my Amiga 3000 - but still couldn´t finish the first mission (...hate those asteroids!!!). When searching for some tips in the net I just ran over some pictures of an enhanced version of the game - which interested me a lot... so I found out, that it only was made for the 3DO (as I now know it was made for the MAC too...). So when I then read that the console was developed with the help of RJ Mical and Dave Needle - it was clear that I MUST have one!

So after some searching I decided to go for an Japaneese FZ-1 all complete with it´s original box and some games (unfortunatly not Wing Commander at all...). First thing to clear was the voltage problem because it needs 100V instead of the here used 230V. But no problem - for 40,- Euro I bought a Bronson++ 500Watt voltage convertor on wich the console works very fine now.

Meanwhile i added another FZ-10 (that one was realative cheap, without box and a missing side cover for the video-enhancement (Does anyone can offer such a cover??? would be great!). On the other side I added some games to the collection (wich will definately grow further).

I absolute love the system because it´s in some ways different and unique to all other systems... I ever had.

My favorite games at the moment are:
- Need for speed (great for the time - I love having the 512 behind me honking his horn as he cannot pass :twisted:
- Super Wing Commander - Woww! this game is still worth the console! So many new things to an old Wing Commander fan - incredibly!
- Daedalus Encounter - nice story and great Tia Careere!
- Gex - love the music and feel of the game!
- Escape from monster manor - very simple game but great music too! and a pleasure to play!

After all I like these old, long game boxes very, very much - unique too - great!

So hope for some nice disussions here in the forum! And as told if someone could offer a cover for the FZ-10 video-slot - you now who is searching for one :D

See ya!
Cheers

Calavera3DO

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:29 am

Calavera3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera3DO » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:42 pm

...well would say - same interests :-) I use Calavera in some other forums too but here it was still away so I simply added an 3DO... thats all.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Hey, great to have you back, T2KFreeker!
Calavera3DO wrote:BUT - the 3DO... I still never, ever heard about - until now... (you should know I come from germany - don´t think the 3DO was very popular here...)
Was the 3DO very popular somewhere, then? :) Anyway, welcome to the boards!

What's a fist console? Is that a "If I was stranded on a desert island" deal?

Calavera3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera3DO » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:32 pm

..no - just missing a "r" :D

P. Gorath
SPAMMER

Post by P. Gorath » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Hey I just joined and wanted to introduce myself and ask some questions. I've been interested in the 3DO for a loooong time but have never owned one. I'm currently trying to find a good fz-10 to buy, as from what I've read it's the most reliable/best of the system versions?

I've always wanted to play the two D&D games (I'm a sucker for console D&D games - Order of the Griffon and Warriors of the Eternal Sun are two of my favorites OOT) as well as The Daedelus Encounter and Lucienne's Quest. There are a bunch of other games that look up my alley too, such as Shockwave 2.

Is there not a marketplace forum on these boards? Or do people just post stuff in general?

Are all the ps1 ports of 3do titles better than the 3do versions? Or are there any that are better/different on 3do?

Does 3do have s-video? Component? Are these standard or mods?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:11 pm

P. Gorath wrote:Hey I just joined and wanted to introduce myself and ask some questions. I've been interested in the 3DO for a loooong time but have never owned one. I'm currently trying to find a good fz-10 to buy, as from what I've read it's the most reliable/best of the system versions?

I've always wanted to play the two D&D games (I'm a sucker for console D&D games - Order of the Griffon and Warriors of the Eternal Sun are two of my favorites OOT) as well as The Daedelus Encounter and Lucienne's Quest. There are a bunch of other games that look up my alley too, such as Shockwave 2.

Is there not a marketplace forum on these boards? Or do people just post stuff in general?

Are all the ps1 ports of 3do titles better than the 3do versions? Or are there any that are better/different on 3do?

Does 3do have s-video? Component? Are these standard or mods?
Both the Panasonic models are fine consoles. The FZ-10 has the flip top lid and better memory management, but I wouldn't say it's neccesarily more reliable than the FZ-1. Both machines are great though, much superior to the Goldstar units.

A quick search should yield details on why this forum does not have a marketplace any longer. For now at least, sales & trades aren't allowed. Sorry. :(

There have been plenty of discussions on PS1 ports of 3DO games. In most instances the 3DO originals fare better. You can search for specific comparisons (they are fun topics to bump) or start a thread if a certain game hasn't been discussed.

Thanks for joining. :)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:06 pm

3DO supports s-video as standard, not component however. There are people who have modded the FZ-1 and FZ-10 for RGB though.

As for which console to get, id say FZ-10 since it has a memory manager installed, the FZ-1 does not, and you need to use a game's manager to manage the memory. Also im under the impression its cheaper than the FZ-1. However, if you find a FZ-1 cheaper, no reason not to go for that. They are both reliable and good machines. Just make sure the laser units work well, machines who run a lot of burned games tend to wear out quicker. I think they are both cool looking machines, but i prefer the FZ-10 for convenience and its sleeker looks.

Welcome to the forum!

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:38 pm

P. Gorath wrote:Hey I just joined and wanted to introduce myself and ask some questions. I've been interested in the 3DO for a loooong time but have never owned one. I'm currently trying to find a good fz-10 to buy, as from what I've read it's the most reliable/best of the system versions?

Welcome to the boards! Slayer happens to be one of my favorite 3DO games thus far; I'm still on the lookout for a reasonably priced copy of Deathkeep. Nothing like a good dungeon crawler.

pat47200
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pat47200 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Hello men,

My name is Pat, i'm french.
I have a 3do Panasonic FZ-1 with 25 games.
My favorite games are Alone in the dark 1 and 2 and Killing Time.
I like too Fifa, Need for Speed, demolition man and twisted.

See you soon. :wink:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Welcome to the boards Pat.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Welcome aboard mate!

Your favourites are my favourites!

pat47200 wrote:Hello men,

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:31 am

Thanks for joining. Looking forward to 3DO chat.

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 am

ようこそ!Pat
"KILLING TIME" is one of the favorite games. me too.
It is called in Japan "閉ざされた館" :wink:
Because I make a note using translation software, I think that it becomes a poor English sentence.
I'm sorry.

If there is rude expression, please point it out.
Thanking you in advance.

jimmyhagg
SPAMMER

Hi all

Post by jimmyhagg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am

Dimitri is the name Greek from Limassol Cyprus,
I own an FZ10 console since 1995 among other consoles.NFS,Road Rush,killing Time and Wing Commander 3 are my fav games .
I'm glad I found this forum.
Keep up the good work .
Keep playing Games Since 1982 :)
From Sinclair Spectrum to PS3,keep going strong.

Lady-Xythis
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lady-Xythis » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Hello all, I'm brand spankin' new here! I didn't even know the 3D0 existed until I found one at Goodwill and purchased it just because I didn't know what the hell it was. Now my curiosity is piqued, and in doing some research on the interwebs, I came across you fine folks.

About me: I'm a 20-something living in Indiana whose status as a gamer has recently begun increasing exponentially due to a recently acquired job at an electronics resale store. I enjoy all kinds of stuff, but especially the unique and hard to find, and when I can discover something I've never seen or heard of before, that's the best!