All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Introduce yourself.

Post by goldenband » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Devin wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:15 am
One of the MODs deactivated entry of a Google Bot which resulted in the blacklist!

Have to plead to Google to get relisted! :o
Aha, as we suspected! Thanks, Devin, for all your efforts in getting the 3DO side of things back in business -- and for hosting both this and the CD-i site! :)

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Thought I'd come and say hi, after a long break I'm getting back into 3DO, looking forward to seeing what's new in 3DO land :)

Taijigamer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Taijigamer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:26 pm

Welcome back :) what's your area of interest? There's a few open source RGB mods in the works, a 3DO usb host is still around but the home brew scene is still vacant.

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Everything really, more the dev homebrew side, which as you say doesn't seem to be happening on 3DO. :/

Taijigamer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Taijigamer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:42 pm

I think there are a few people around coding small games. There's an interesting interview with 'Burger' Becky on how she ported Doom to the 3DO https://youtu.be/rBbIil2HPSU I read somewhere that some developers were trying to tidy it up and improve it for 3DO. There's another video on porting 'Out of this World' to 3DO as well.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Good to see you again, Scarlettkitten!

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:20 am

Tis good to be back, really enjoying getting back into 3DO :)

tamanegi_taro2
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tamanegi_taro2 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi everyone. I’m tamanegi_taro living in Japan.
I had 3DO and several American games until I gave it to my friend like 20 years ago.
Now I’m back!

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:53 am

Hi Tama!
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

tamanegi_taro2
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tamanegi_taro2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi a31chris!

Julz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Julz » Tue May 28, 2019 8:55 pm

Hey guys. It's me.

We're probably on 12 different 3DO FB groups and sub-forums together :) I'm the one who posted reviews of reviews on AtariAge and Facebook if you seen those.

So I'm a 37 yr old 3DO enthusiast hailing from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Had an FZ-1 as a kid, so I have that nostalove for the system and its weird library. Pretty decent collection even if I sold off some uncommon pieces this year. Looking at about 45 games on the shelf and I do have Lucienne's Quest and Crash n Burn in longboxes, for gloating purposes.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Welcome, Julz!

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:35 am

Wow, I did not realize it had been this long since I'd last visited these forums. Very belated welcome, Julz.

MaxRD
SPAMMER

Post by MaxRD » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:56 am

Well I joined in 2011 😛Not sure I ever posted? I checked my profile and it shows no posts but then my profile under my avatar (just updated) it is labeled as SPAMMER? Not sure why that would be but OK we all start somewhere I guess :lol: Anyways, obviously I ma not the biggest visitor or dedicated member but well, here I am. Thought MAYBE doing this introduction post might help keep this forum more fresh in my mind. I am 53 years old, I live in Canada. I really DO like the 3DO, thought it was a great concept and platform but never really reached it's potential. I thought the original FZ-1 model may have been the most beautiful system ever but through the years have owned 2 and had nothing but issues, I am NOT the most technically inclined so maintenance or cleaning or adjusting was not really an option. Fortunately I followed it up with an Fz-10 Panasonic flip top model which, while nowhere near as pretty has given me years of solid service.

I have a modest collection, I DO love it though. Well that is the intro I likely should have done ages ago, sorry if I missed though boat or this forums best days are past? not judging, I literally have no frame of reference to recall from. As for what I have I guess I can only show this video which is one of several where I go through my stored collection, sorry this bin contains all of my 3DO and CD-i collection, a underdog collection I guess you could say though given the choice I would definitely pick 3DO over CD-i, I actually have some regrets even bothering with CD-i but it was mostly stuff I learned after I acquired it. BUT this is the 3DO forums, I have a pretty nice retro collection over all. ! Just go about half way point in the video to get to the good 3DO stuff, I hope to get things straightened out and do more 3DO videos that spotlight it properly.

Link to video (was not sure how or IF I could embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t1pp-ocRhQ
Rob D aka MaximumRD

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:20 am

Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear about your troubles with the FZ-1; I've never had any problems with mine. The FZ-10 is certainly the most reliable model by all accounts, though I've never owned one myself.

Checking out the video now!

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:39 am

Have admins been here in last few years to even approve anyone?
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman