Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:06 pm

Wolfenstein kicked ass.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am

UnholyTancred wrote:Wolfenstein kicked ass.
If you mean 'kicked' as in 'sucked' then yes. yes it did. :wink:

CrimsonGlory
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CrimsonGlory » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:27 am

HOWDY!

I just joined, so count me in as one more guy for the revolution to destroy all modern consoles and force everyone to play either Crash'n'burn and BC Racers for the rest of eternity.

I guess.

Anyways, I owned a 3do back in the day but that went in 96, however a week or two ago I saw a dusty, crappy looking FZ-10 in a junk shop (lying upside down no less) which I picked up with 2 pads for £15 (thats probly about 25 dollars yankee)

A rugged clean up and a quick solder inside one of the pads and the machines running fine, I saved it from the graveyard :)

I even found some of my old discs, a quick completion of Out of this world later and I was joyous, safe in the knowledge that amazingly brilliant/completely crap games were back in my life.

So, ummmm hi guys
"Didn' mean ta burst ya bubble"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:36 am

Well done and welcome to the forum.

£15 is $30! For some reason they are pretty sore about this - so I like to keep mentioning it.

Crash N' Burn isn't so bad - what you talkin' about?

:)

All the best,

3DO Kid.

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:35 pm

3DOKid wrote:Well done and welcome to the forum.

£15 is $30! For some reason they are pretty sore about this - so I like to keep mentioning it.

All the best,

3DO Kid.
The Canadian dollar is about to match the US dollar 1:1... Then our egos will really be shot.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:38 pm

Mobius wrote:
3DOKid wrote:Well done and welcome to the forum.

All the best,

3DO Kid.
The Canadian dollar is about to match the US dollar 1:1... Then our egos will really be shot.
:) What are you Canadian guys selling? (Cheap to us Brits that is :) )

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:41 pm

I'm not Canadian! :evil:

But whatever they're selling, you better buy it fast, before their currency is worth even more.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:51 pm

Mobius wrote:I'm not Canadian! :evil:

But whatever they're selling, you better buy it fast, before their currency is worth even more.
Oops sorry mis-read it.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:10 am

Hello! My handle is Gunstar, I'm a LONG time fan of the 3DO, owning one since 1996. I grew up with Atari, and am an Atari fan, and also a fan of the Atari Jaguar. I know from being a member of other 3DO forums (now defunct forums, I'm glad to have found an active one again after several years)in years past that there seems to be some friction with Jaguar and 3DO fans, but I personally feel the two consoles compliment each other and see no reason why fans of both can't come together instead of fight over which is better or whatever. Fans of both consoles are in the minority and constantly have to defend their favorite consoles. We should band together, not argue over which is best, I like both and think both, overall, have advantages and disadvantages but in the end are pretty equal and are both unique consoles with unique games and I ove both. I bought my 3DO after the Jaguar went under to get games on the 3DO that were supposed to have come out on the Jaguar too, but then soon after or at about the same time, the 3DO went under too. I've never regeretted owning either console, and I still prefer both over anything that's come out since, but they aren't my only consoles.

O.k., that all being said, I'm very glad to have a forum to talk about my beloved 3DO again, and the first thing I want to know about, in my absence from the "3DO internet Scene" is about the new games. Apparently I found this sight and am getting back into the 3DO internet scene at the right time, since new "lost" games are starting to come out for it now. Thank God! One thing I've loved about the Jaguar scene is the new "lost" games being published and the homebrew scene, and it's cool that now the 3DO finally gets this chance too. I'm most interested in PowerSlide, as I'm a big racing fan and the 3DO version of Need for Speed is STILL my all-time favorite racing game (all other versions SUCK compared to the 3DO!!!). So, there's not much info on PowerSlide, and before I pre-order, I would like maybe to see some screen shots or movies? is it a 2D or 3D game? Is it multiplayer at all?

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:26 am

Hey Gunstar, Welcome to the boards

there was a couple of videos posted on youtube you might want to check out
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... rch=Search

then try here
http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=454
and then the original thread from oldergames has alot of info
http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=300
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:39 am

Cool! Thanks a lot, I thought I'd remembered reading about ans seeing screenshots of this games years ago, and just wanted to make sure this was the same game I remembered. I definately got to get this one!

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:58 am

Gunstar wrote:Cool! Thanks a lot, I thought I'd remembered reading about ans seeing screenshots of this games years ago, and just wanted to make sure this was the same game I remembered. I definately got to get this one!
Careful, it's very incomplete.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:44 am

Gunstar wrote:Hello! My handle is Gunstar, I'm a LONG time fan of the 3DO, owning one since 1996. I grew up with Atari, and am an Atari fan, and also a fan of the Atari Jaguar. I know from being a member of other 3DO forums (now defunct forums, I'm glad to have found an active one again after several years)in years past that there seems to be some friction with Jaguar and 3DO fans, but I personally feel the two consoles compliment each other and see no reason why fans of both can't come together instead of fight over which is better or whatever. Fans of both consoles are in the minority and constantly have to defend their favorite consoles. We should band together, not argue over which is best, I like both and think both, overall, have advantages and disadvantages but in the end are pretty equal and are both unique consoles with unique games and I ove both. I bought my 3DO after the Jaguar went under to get games on the 3DO that were supposed to have come out on the Jaguar too, but then soon after or at about the same time, the 3DO went under too. I've never regeretted owning either console, and I still prefer both over anything that's come out since, but they aren't my only consoles.

O.k., that all being said, I'm very glad to have a forum to talk about my beloved 3DO again, and the first thing I want to know about, in my absence from the "3DO internet Scene" is about the new games. Apparently I found this sight and am getting back into the 3DO internet scene at the right time, since new "lost" games are starting to come out for it now. Thank God! One thing I've loved about the Jaguar scene is the new "lost" games being published and the homebrew scene, and it's cool that now the 3DO finally gets this chance too. I'm most interested in PowerSlide, as I'm a big racing fan and the 3DO version of Need for Speed is STILL my all-time favorite racing game (all other versions SUCK compared to the 3DO!!!). So, there's not much info on PowerSlide, and before I pre-order, I would like maybe to see some screen shots or movies? is it a 2D or 3D game? Is it multiplayer at all?
Hello Mate!

Welcome to the forum. Friction? Between the Jaguar and the 3DO? [cough... cough] I don't know what you are talking about. ;)

Powerslide? You could check my blog. :)

I've never regretted owning a 3DO either, even after I paid £400 ($800) for one back in the day. I was always pretty happy with it, it's failure was hard on me, but by that point even I had a Playstation and a Saturn so...

Welcome on-board!

3DO Kid.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:00 am

Mobius wrote:
Gunstar wrote:Cool! Thanks a lot, I thought I'd remembered reading about ans seeing screenshots of this games years ago, and just wanted to make sure this was the same game I remembered. I definately got to get this one!
Careful, it's very incomplete.
Yeah, I responded too soon, after looking into it more, it only saddens me that it's not more complete. It'd be a cool demo to download for free, but there's no way I'm paying $25 for such and incomplete game...if it were more complete, but alas, it's not. I wouldn't even call it a beta as the publisher says, it's strictly an ALPHA, concept demo at best.

Doskias
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Doskias » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:10 am

Hi all :D ,

Came across this forum after googling 3DO. I am a 3DO and Jaguar junky. I was in middle school in '93 and begged my father for the soon-to-be-realeased 3DO console. After he saw the price tag he told me, 'son you get straight A's and I will buy you that system.' Back then report cards were released every six weeks. I actually studied 8) , and got a 3DO from Babbages on launch day. Had five friends come over and each of them begged to stay the night. We stayed up all night hopped up on coca-cola and were in sheer amazement at the retina-blazing experience Crash'N'Burn afforded.

3DO is my favorite system to this day, which my friends think is 'stupid,' and I believe it is largely because of the nostalgia of the system. It was pretty cool to have a 3DO back during '93-'95 when all my friends were stuck playing their genesis and snes. The graphical and audio fidelity of the system was like nothing else at that time. 3DO...I love you :wink: .

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:33 am

Doskias wrote:Hi all :D ,

Came across this forum after googling 3DO. I am a 3DO and Jaguar junky. I was in middle school in '93 and begged my father for the soon-to-be-realeased 3DO console. After he saw the price tag he told me, 'son you get straight A's and I will buy you that system.' Back then report cards were released every six weeks. I actually studied 8) , and got a 3DO from Babbages on launch day. Had five friends come over and each of them begged to stay the night. We stayed up all night hopped up on coca-cola and were in sheer amazement at the retina-blazing experience Crash'N'Burn afforded.

3DO is my favorite system to this day, which my friends think is 'stupid,' and I believe it is largely because of the nostalgia of the system. It was pretty cool to have a 3DO back during '93-'95 when all my friends were stuck playing their genesis and snes. The graphical and audio fidelity of the system was like nothing else at that time. 3DO...I love you :wink: .
Nice to see you again. Welcome to the board. 8)
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

a_c_harris
SPAMMER

Post by a_c_harris » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:50 pm

Hi all, I found this forum while looking on google for 3DO sites. My name is Anthony, and I am from the UK. I am a collector of games consoles and games, and I have only recently got hold of a Goldstar 3DO with 8 games and I am loving the console.

I was happy to find this forum to chat to other 3DO owners and look forward to posting here in the future.
Anthony

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:06 pm

Hello Mate,

I'm 3DO Kid. I'm in the UK too. Welcome aboard. It's pretty quiet here for some reason - I think everyone hates me...

I'm doing a top 50 3DO games at the moment.

You can see it on my blog (in the sig below!)

All the best,

3DO Kid.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:49 pm

We don't hate you, we are just waiting quietly for the next installment of the top 50.

And nice to meet you Anthony!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:09 pm

Hello, my name is Vance, and I'm a sexaholic. In my spare time I slap a can opener against my thighs and collect torsos.

Oh wait, wrong room.

So yeah, I was a big 3DO collector back in the day. The collection was beautiful, pretty much all mint in box with instructions and whatever else you please. Even had an unopened Star Control 2. Then I moved to Los Angeles six months ago and a kind city representative stole my moving truck so it's all gone now.

At any rate, Jurassic Park Interactive bit. Immercenary was pretty badass. Always check the expiration date before you buy the orange juice.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:29 pm

Welcome Vance. Thpugh it seems strange that you finally join this 3DO forum after you lose your 3DO collection!?! :?
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:09 pm

The way I figure it, one of you is eventually going to slip up and list an address.

Anyway, Trip Hawkins is a nice man who did not seem like he was about to kick me out of the 3DO booth all that time ago. Wow, I am old.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:50 am

Vance wrote:Hello, my name is Vance, and I'm a sexaholic. In my spare time I slap a can opener against my thighs and collect torsos.

Oh wait, wrong room.

So yeah, I was a big 3DO collector back in the day. The collection was beautiful, pretty much all mint in box with instructions and whatever else you please. Even had an unopened Star Control 2. Then I moved to Los Angeles six months ago and a kind city representative stole my moving truck so it's all gone now.

At any rate, Jurassic Park Interactive bit. Immercenary was pretty badass. Always check the expiration date before you buy the orange juice.
6 months ago you say? That was around the time I picked up a really cheap, perfect copy of Creature Shock from eBay in the U.S. ...I'm sure there is no correlation. ;)

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:29 pm

That would be fortunate coincidence, as I never owned a copy of that game for the 3DO.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:31 pm

Vance wrote:That would be fortunate coincidence, as I never owned a copy of that game for the 3DO.
You should - it's a great game. Seriously. The first level with the shoot asteroids is a bit of turn off, but the pre-rendered monsters are brilliant.

dj898
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dj898 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:14 am

saying~ G'day ! ^ ^
I've come across this forum by chance and being a 3DO fan for a long time I've decided to join.

cheers

thornton_s
3DO ZERO USER

Post by thornton_s » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:48 pm

Hi all,

bit late with this as i have been posting for days, but, my name is Steve and I live in the UK. I found this site through a Google search along with 3DO Today, 3DO Kids blog and a few old review sites.

Have been a big fan of the 3DO since it was released, however at the time the cost put me off (yet i bought an N64 a year later and payed 50-60 pound a game, strange). I eventually got one when they were being sold off (95 - 96) and remember having to travel 20 miles to a remote part of Leeds as they were the only place still selling them to get my games.

I ended up with around 120 games the first time round but sold my collection, for peanuts to get a PC(don't regret getting a PC, just regret selling my 3DO & my custom Amiga 1200/CD).

Thanks to Ebay and the internet i have since purchased about 50-60 games(nothing rare just UK regulars), a dozen Joyapds & 4 consoles,
1 FZ-1 (UK), 2 FZ-10's (UK) & 1 FZ-10 (JAP) (this baby is like factory new, can't believe the condition & how cheap i got this).

Nice to see there are plenty of 3DO addicts still out there.

aoinightsatan
SPAMMER

Post by aoinightsatan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:15 am

HI! to every 3do soul

i'm a new 3do fan that was hiatus for some time

thanks to the 3do kid my interest for the 3DO grow so i finally arrived here and after reading some topics in the forum (i read everything in this one) i decided to register....it's a pretty cool community that you guys have made congratulations for keeping alive the 3DO legend
thanks to guys like you the classic gaming will never die and for me that's enough to be proud. that's why i'm here at least...there's another 3do follower registered in the forum haha so for statics it's good isn't?

about myself, i'm from Mexico, Mexico City to be exact, i guess i'm the only one from mexico?....who knows haha

i can say i'm a collector....but someday when i make some money then, maybe i will began to buy stuff....although i have a lot of stuff i guess....i have consoles like sega saturn, pc engine, dreamcast, NES,SNES, master system, ps2,xbox (my bastard child), gamecube(yeah well...f-zero was nice) sega cd, 32x, coleco, atari 2600 and 7800 and well some more i'm looking forward to get an amiga cd32 and a neogeo AES...yeah of course i got a 3do FZ-1 and FZ-10

shame on me but i bought my first 3DO in 2003 on a flee market....here in mexico there are some "types" of flee markets where they usually sell garbage haha...really! so when i saw it, i can't believe my eyes! a 3DO FZ-1 and seems in perfect shape!...i bought it very cheap...for about 15.00usd without controllers.....that's funny because the first thing i did to test the console was with a game i downloaded from the net...the console was working but now i needed a damn controller....here is damn hard to get anything 3do related...i wouldn't say impossible....but sure damn hard yeah!
so i had to wait like 6 months when finally a friend of mine went to japan...i knew that in japan 3DO accesories are easy to find so he got 2 controllers thank god! (and yeah i could buy some controllers via ebay leave me alone!)

haha that's the history....i always want to be able of experimenting the 3DO, so i'm doing it right now...pretty cool software so far, but thanks to the press i was blind about the quality of games that a 3DO could offer....is a little similar with sega saturn...the press was very bad with that system....saying that the damn console couldn't do 3D and silly stuff like
that.....
i don't know why, did you guys think that sometimes the video game magazines could be anything but not informative

well i guess that's all and sorry for my spelling and grammar...my english is very bad

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:44 am

dj898 wrote:saying~ G'day ! ^ ^
I've come across this forum by chance and being a 3DO fan for a long time I've decided to join.

cheers
Hello mate - "G'Day"? you form Oz? Welcome to the forum anyway buddy!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:49 am

thornton_s wrote:Hi all,

bit late with this as i have been posting for days, but, my name is Steve and I live in the UK. I found this site through a Google search along with 3DO Today, 3DO Kids blog and a few old review sites.

Have been a big fan of the 3DO since it was released, however at the time the cost put me off (yet i bought an N64 a year later and payed 50-60 pound a game, strange). I eventually got one when they were being sold off (95 - 96) and remember having to travel 20 miles to a remote part of Leeds as they were the only place still selling them to get my games.

I ended up with around 120 games the first time round but sold my collection, for peanuts to get a PC(don't regret getting a PC, just regret selling my 3DO & my custom Amiga 1200/CD).

Thanks to Ebay and the internet i have since purchased about 50-60 games(nothing rare just UK regulars), a dozen Joyapds & 4 consoles,
1 FZ-1 (UK), 2 FZ-10's (UK) & 1 FZ-10 (JAP) (this baby is like factory new, can't believe the condition & how cheap i got this).

Nice to see there are plenty of 3DO addicts still out there.
I used to do great big (by british standards!) round trips to get hold of games. There is always a small window of opportunity in the UK isn't there? When a games console is being no longer supported in the shops and they are clearing stock and you can pick up some bargains. I really missed it with the 3DO and that whole '97 to 2000 period was something of a 3do game drought - then eBay came along!

Welcome to the forum!

3DO Kid.