Korean 3DO releases?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:12 am

Great, now that I am seeing these titles, I realize I need them all. I am so sad . . . :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:17 am

Whoops, sorry about this . . . :oops: Double Post.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:25 am

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to post some of your info here into the description box on my video. That's some good info to know, particularly for those that easily confuse Chinese, Japanese, Korean and more.

CRV
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CRV » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:39 am

bitrate wrote:The multi-region games, while using Korean text on the box / jewel case / manual / disk, went ahead and used 1:1 Japanese game data - or so it seems.
Shockwave's in Korean.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:17 pm

CRV wrote:
bitrate wrote:The multi-region games, while using Korean text on the box / jewel case / manual / disk, went ahead and used 1:1 Japanese game data - or so it seems.
Shockwave's in Korean.

Interesting.

I've got a Korean Total Eclipse here. I'll try to check it a little later tonight to see if has Japanese or Korean speech.

Madroms

Post by Madroms » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:04 pm

For me, the Korean titles I have are the same as USA game data, not the JPN ones.

So probably some Korean games are made from the US and some from the JPN releases.

Edi (FZ2D)
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Edi (FZ2D) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 pm

I was always very curious to realação 3DO games that were marketed exclusively in Korea (The Eye of Typhoon / Armageddon / Battle Blues / Firewall), especially with the game The Eye of Typhoon.
There is a prejudice to the fighting games of the 3DO, but surely The Eye of Typhoon should be a set of weight. :P
I may be wrong, but the only game that I am aware there is a dump Fire Wall (I have this game burned). I hope I'm wrong and there is also The Eye of the Typhoon, Armageddon and Battle Blues.
Battle Blues also seems quite interesting. :roll:

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Eye of Typhoon is certainly a better upgrade (control-wise) from Samurai Shodown, but it's honestly just a mediocre fighting game. Very 90s Neo Geo.

Load times are long for 3DO, but nowhere near Mortal Kombat for Sega CD. As noted on the YouTube video, I trimmed them down a bit so that I could include as much play video as possible.

Packaging, inserts and Manual are in Korean, but the game text itself is in English, so very accessible to the non-Korean speaking player.

All in all, its good, but its rarity makes it more fun to play than it probably is. lol

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

Edi (FZ2D)
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Edi (FZ2D) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:01 am

Gir Draxa wrote:Eye of Typhoon is certainly a better upgrade (control-wise) from Samurai Shodown, but it's honestly just a mediocre fighting game. Very 90s Neo Geo.

Load times are long for 3DO, but nowhere near Mortal Kombat for Sega CD. As noted on the YouTube video, I trimmed them down a bit so that I could include as much play video as possible.

Packaging, inserts and Manual are in Korean, but the game text itself is in English, so very accessible to the non-Korean speaking player.

All in all, its good, but its rarity makes it more fun to play than it probably is. lol

Drax
You have this fighting game?
Incredible! Deliver him to us all to enjoy and share opinions? :P

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:26 am

I've two of copies of Eye of Typhoon. One I was given that I promised not to share. I honor such agreements 100%.

The other I bought in Bangkok in 2009 that's still shrinked, and from a collectors standpoint, I'm unwilling to open it.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

Edi (FZ2D)
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Edi (FZ2D) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Gir Draxa wrote:I've two of copies of Eye of Typhoon. One I was given that I promised not to share. I honor such agreements 100%.

The other I bought in Bangkok in 2009 that's still shrinked, and from a collectors standpoint, I'm unwilling to open it.

Drax
How cool!
You have two copies. Congratulations!

I've tryed this game on the internet. This game is hard to find for purchase.

Austin

Post by Austin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:42 am

I just stumbled upon a video for a DOS version of Eye of Typhoon. I didn't know it was released on anything other than the 3DO.. It doesn't look bad, either. I wonder how both versions compare?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zxht77JdJM

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:30 am

I have the PC version of this, it's not bad.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

johnwbyrd
3DO ZERO USER

Some Seoul memories

Post by johnwbyrd » Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 pm

3DO even went so far as to open a gaming center in Seoul where kids could come and play 3DO games.

Unfortunately, very few people showed up. When I was there, the proprietor had secretly set up a Playstation in the corner, because "that's what the kids really want to play".

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Some Seoul memories

Post by 3DOKid » Tue May 17, 2011 9:08 pm

johnwbyrd wrote:3DO even went so far as to open a gaming center in Seoul where kids could come and play 3DO games.

Unfortunately, very few people showed up. When I was there, the proprietor had secretly set up a Playstation in the corner, because "that's what the kids really want to play".
Was that the same as the 3DO Store in Akihabara (sp?) in Tokyo? I didn't realise those things were franchises and not 3DO stores.

johnwbyrd
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Some Seoul memories

Post by johnwbyrd » Tue May 17, 2011 9:15 pm

3DOKid wrote:
johnwbyrd wrote:3DO even went so far as to open a gaming center in Seoul where kids could come and play 3DO games.

Was that the same as the 3DO Store in Akihabara (sp?) in Tokyo? I didn't realise those things were franchises and not 3DO stores.
Similar branding, yeah. Honestly, I don't recall visiting the 3DO store when I was in Tokyo. We did run a series of developer conferences in Tokyo however; both for Opera and then for M2 as well. A lot of good stories at those :) The Warp party one is worth telling... but it will have to wait for another post.

molotovwars

Post by molotovwars » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:08 am

Would anyone be able to me how much Gex and Shockwave sold for?

I've got a few Korean 3DO games that I plan on selling soon, but I don't know the 3DO scene very well. Other Korean games (for other systems) I have sold generally have a bit of a premium compared to their US or Japanese releases, where even if the US version is selling for only $5 the Korean version will sell for quite a bit more.

Of the Korean exclusives the only one I have is Firewall, but I have the Korean versions of a few other games like Burning Soldier and Super Wing commander.

Austin

Post by Austin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:29 am

I bought them relatively cheap. Like, really cheap. Sold them to someone here for more down the line (reasonably) but not a lot.. I think it was $20ish after shipping for the two, maybe a tad bit more (or less)? I don't remember now.

molotovwars

Post by molotovwars » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 am

Ah, thank you for the info. In that case, I can see why the probably don't pop up too often outside of Korea. Within Korea 3DO games are hard to come across and when they do pop up the asking price for them is by default almost always higher than whatever the US market price might be. So for a Korean seller, there isn't much reason to try to sell the games abroad if they can sell them for more in their home country where shipping and payments are much simpler.

Once I end up posting the ones I have on eBay I'll drop a link here to see if anyone is interesting.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Firewall sold for around $175 in 2004, i knew the guy who bought it
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

molotovwars

Post by molotovwars » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:13 am

I took pictures of the 4 Korean 3DO games I own. The games are:

Firewall
Burning Soldier
Super Wing Commander
Mega Race

You can view pictures below for anyone that is curious. I don't have any experience with 3DO games other than these, but I'm very impressed with the design of the case. It seems sturdy and strong and it allows for a lot of room to display the case artwork.

Pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1129580879 ... /Korean3DO

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:52 pm

nice pictures, and those are what we call the snap case boxes and they are pretty strong
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Edi (FZ2D)
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Edi (FZ2D) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:00 am

I want to buy these Koreans games one day.

As much as they are rare, are not impossible to find. :D

Maybe this site has one!

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:01 pm

There is listing with korean 3DO game Firewall at eBay. I tried to buy Firewall game (other game, not in the listing) 2 months ago from him. I offered good price (I hope so) - $150 and he agreed. But then he missed and didn't answer me at PM.

Now, he wrote in listing that he sold CIB Firewall few months ago. I can propose that this guy isn't trustworthy, so, beware, friends.

BTW, his nickname at this forum molotovwars.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Firewall may have value for collectors as it is very rare, but the gameplay is terrible! Seriously, has anyone ever gotten past the second level?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Edi (FZ2D)
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Edi (FZ2D) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Sorry for reviving the topic, but it happens that I finally found these. Not original in the way that I wanted, but I can not afford to pay almost US$ 1,500 in a 3DO game.

I apologize to collectors who have this game, but I can not let good games remain in the dark.

I know what I'll do with the commercial value of these games may fall, but I'll share this game on multiple web sites on the Internet.

Within a week who want to know these games just put their names on Google and you will see a rain of results.

My original intention was to buy these games just for that. :twisted:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:10 am

All the Korean-only games have already been dumped and are easily found for those who know how to look.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:19 am

3DO Experience wrote:All the Korean-only games have already been dumped and are easily found for those who know how to look.
All the Korean games? I'm holding out hope that more might be discovered some day. Wishful thinking?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:57 am

All the known ones, or all the ones I know about. It would be nice to find some more, preferably some good games.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:15 am

Spent some time playing Eye of Typhoon today with my brother. It was pretty fun! I noticed the music choking/stuttering a bit when we did the tag-team switch (A+B+C); does that happen with an original disc as well?