having trouble finding a controller.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

joedanger
3DO ZERO USER

having trouble finding a controller.

Post by joedanger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:53 am

I recently acquired a 3DO while walking around a flea market looking for an atari. Funny thing is, I had never heard of the 3DO prior to seeing it in the flesh. Long story short I happily stumbled upon model FZ-1. I snagged it as soon as possible, took it home, cleaned it and started it up. The only this is though, I am having a lot of trouble locating a control. I've uncovered a couple games rather easily, but the local game stores never ever see controls. I was wondering if any of you 3DO connoisseurs could help me locate a control seeing that I am so eager to actually play this fresh console. What do you say?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:46 am

Try eBay.

joedanger
3DO ZERO USER

Post by joedanger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Funny you should say that, I am currently helping house a younger family member. While living with me.. she was banned from ebay. For some reason, ebay bans everyone on the IP address. Therefore, no dice.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:13 pm

It's a little pricey IMO, but this site has one for $15. I deal with this place all the time, so I know they are worth doing business with:

http://www.estarland.com/3DO.cat.HW.product.14488.html

*Edit: I just checked eBay, and all the BIN listings are trying to sell Panasonic controllers for $15+, so I suppose maybe the store's price above isn't so far-off. I still think it's a little high, but if it's all you can get, it's all you can get..

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:29 pm

All Ebay prices are a little high sadly ...

Might check out Game Gavel, although being a newer site it has nowhere near the selection Ebay does. Better prices though.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5